The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would you ask a CFO?

AnteUp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jun 8, 2016
Hey guys,

This might be a dumb idea, but I figured I'd toss it out there just in case some of you might be interested.

I've been lurking the forum for about a year now.

I've been holding off on an intro post because I wanted to add value somehow instead of just checking in.

I had an idea today that might allow me to help contribute to the community.

I'm a sales rep in an industry that relies heavily on relationships. I meet with C-Level execs weekly.

Most of our time is spent going over industry specific topics, and then we transition out to rapport... mostly about cars and girls lol.

I realized today that I have a great opportunity to learn from high level execs if I just ask the right questions. I'm sure some other guys could benefit from this too, so here's what I'm thinking:

If any of you have a high-level business question that you want to ask, but perhaps you don't have access to a 'mentor,' I'd be happy to run it by an exec.

I could share some more specific details about who I'm meeting with a couple days ahead of time, that way you can tailor your questions to specific topics you might be interested in.

This coming week, I'm meeting with a CFO of a residential builder who virtually single handedly gentrified (can't think of a better word, I have no qualms with what the market dictates) one of the fastest growing cities in the US.

The other CFO I'm meeting with is in bio pharma.

Of course, I can't share anything that might impact their business/lives but if you want me to run anything else by them let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

quanttastic

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 7, 2013
Hey guys,

This might be a dumb idea, but I figured I'd toss it out there just in case some of you might be interested.

I've been lurking the forum for about a year now.

I've been holding off on an intro post because I wanted to add value somehow instead of just checking in.

I had an idea today that might allow me to help contribute to the community.

I'm a sales rep in an industry that relies heavily on relationships. I meet with C-Level execs weekly.

Most of our time is spent going over industry specific topics, and then we transition out to rapport... mostly about cars and girls lol.

I realized today that I have a great opportunity to learn from high level execs if I just ask the right questions. I'm sure some other guys could benefit from this too, so here's what I'm thinking:

If any of you have a high-level business question that you want to ask, but perhaps you don't have access to a 'mentor,' I'd be happy to run it by an exec.

I could share some more specific details about who I'm meeting with a couple days ahead of time, that way you can tailor your questions to specific topics you might be interested in.

This coming week, I'm meeting with a CFO of a residential builder who virtually single handedly gentrified (can't think of a better word, I have no qualms with what the market dictates) one of the fastest growing cities in the US.

The other CFO I'm meeting with is in bio pharma.

Of course, I can't share anything that might impact their business/lives but if you want me to run anything else by them let me know!

Great way to add value with your first post!

AnteUp

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Jun 8, 2016
Ask if they invest in startups, and what niches they are looking at right now, and what niches they think will thrive under a Trump presidency.

Great idea. I'll let you know what they say!

Great way to add value with your first post!

Haha, thanks man. This place is definitely intimidating in terms of value. There's so much good stuff on here!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.