The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What would add $2077.50 (usd) in value to you?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
@LittleWolfie, do you have a spare bedroom?

Build a rat utopia. Live stream it 24/7 on Youtube/other streaming services. Cobble up a web service for treat feeders, and let people feed the rats treats whenever they donate a certain amount. Also works with non-rats.

You're trying to get me started aren't you Chris? LOL. Ok.

A reality show for politicians, streamed live through televisions everywhere. Whenever they say the words "raise" and "taxes" within 5 seconds of each other, one of the following happens:
  • Five gallons of slime is poured from the ceiling onto their heads.
  • Five gallons of rich compost is poured from the ceiling onto their heads.
  • A pie is thrown in their face.
  • A fire hose embedded in the floor underneath them, facing straight up, is turned on.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Start flipping small items. Go to thrift shops and craigslist. Buy things you imagine have higher value or focus on one category. This will benefit you in multiple ways. You will get to interact in a sales and buyer perspective, your value meter will be fine tuned over time, and you will learn how to write good copy to sell items. Then you can ask people what they need or looking for. This will give you an additional metric for locating items to sell.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Start flipping small items. Go to thrift shops and craigslist. Buy things you imagine have higher value or focus on one category. This will benefit you in multiple ways. You will get to interact in a sales and buyer perspective, your value meter will be fine tuned over time, and you will learn how to write good copy to sell items. Then you can ask people what they need or looking for. This will give you an additional metric for locating items to sell.
You think flipping adds ten times the value?

So far been unable to find anything to flip that will cover the cost of obtaining the item.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
being on the spectrum can be a benefit not an incumbrance

@ryanbleau

Okay, so in what ways can it be a benefit? Is this where we answer my what am I good at?

Anything that helps my 10 year old find an academic or artistic interest, or increases her chances of leading a long, happy, and productive life.

@Rabby

Okay,here is some research detailing how apps can be used to encourage children's interest in STEM,try this astronomy based one or the table of elements one or spend the £10 a month to subcribe for apps from the company solving that problem (well and buy the tablet for the child, but that is still within your budget.)

A non-surgical fix for my mother's knee.

Okay, is it knee osteoarthritis (KOA) and she is;

1. Considered ineligible for a TKA by the surgeon;
  2. Diagnosed with KOA using standing, weight-bearing knee radiographs (Kellgren-Lawrence score ≥1 on the original scale35,36);
  3. Aged ≥18 years;
  4. KOOS4≤75 (the average score for four of the five Knee Injury and Osteoarthritis Outcome Score subscales covering pain, symptoms, activities of daily living and quality of life).37 ,38
And has none of the following;

1. Previous ipsilateral knee arthroplasty;
  2. Rheumatoid arthritis;
  3. Mean pain the previous week >60 mm on a 100 mm Visual Analogue Scale (VAS);
  4. Possible pregnancy or planning pregnancy;

If so what about the Danish Non surgical MEDIC treatment?

The motivation to pull weeds and pick up stones in the garden, or someone willing to do the same who also knows the difference between a fruit tree and landscape shrubbery.

Sorry, I am unable to help you there.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
You should probably just get a part time job to cover your weekly expenses instead of trying to forcibly apply abstract business analyses formulas to your fundamental life operations.

You don't need to concern yourself with creating 2*** dollars worth of value, you need to concern yourself with creating 2** dollars worth of cash in your pocket.

In the time you've wasted on this thread, you could have applied for several, and possibly even gotten a touch back at this point.

Forgive me if I assume incorrectly, but at your young age getting out in the workforce is a great way to investigate the world and how it interacts with itself.

Sitting on a computer trying to figure out some weird, non tangible valuation isn't going to get you anywhere. You need to find a problem, and solve it(don't over think the concept of a "problem" either).

Get out of the house and start getting involved with something....anything.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
You should probably just get a part time job to cover your weekly expenses instead of trying to forcibly apply abstract business analyses formulas to your fundamental life operations.

A) I have one
B) applying for more, there are few locally available though

You don't need to concern yourself with creating 2*** dollars worth of value, you need to concern yourself with creating 2** dollars worth of cash in your pocket.

Isn't that a money-chasing mindset? Besides I have 2** worth of cash in the bank. This is about getting repeating revenue rather than building a little cash.

In the time you've wasted on this thread, you could have applied for several, and possibly even gotten a touch back at this point.

I have applied for hundreds, and rarely get feedback. On the occasions, when I rarely do hear back I am told that I should get freelance work first. Since no-one locally is interested, I have to look online where I can reach a larger audience. (No response to gumtree/craigslist/etc yet) I suppose, I could have done some more cold-calling/cold-emailing but I have been waiting for my phone to charge and for my fiverr VA to finish finding the numbers/emails.

Forgive me if I assume incorrectly, but at your young age getting out in the workforce is a great way to investigate the world and how it interacts with itself.

You do, I have learnt way less in 5 years of work, than I did in one thread on here. People at work simply never look into or discuss things, it is just "the way it is".

I never learn from life, I have to sit down to read, analyse and discuss things with people in order to be able to learn.

You need to find a problem, and solve it(don't over think the concept of a "problem" either).

This is what I'm trying to do, if nobody will tell me there problems how can I solve anything? What is your problem you would like solved?

Get out of the house and start getting involved with something....anything.
I did that for a year and got nowhere, so what makes you think the next year will be any different? This money will help fund the (expensive) taxis and buses (and my driving lessons) that will allow me to get out to places at the times there are things to get involved in.

I simply, have to work this way given the limits of my circumstances, rather than complain or make excuses, I am doing everything I can to address the unique issues I am facing.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I still don’t understand the question. “What would add $2100 in value to me” is equivalent to What I would pay $2100 for..

Rephrase please.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
1.) Someone to come teach me how to make a tiny compost bin, set up my first hydroponic garden, and pick out plants with. In other words a gardening tutor, especially if this person came out every week for four weeks and every time I got supplies and/or a clear plan for creating a tiny fully functional backyard oasis with a better understanding of plants.

2.) There’s a daycare down the street where you can pay per hour to drop off your kids under the age of ten. They have video games, indoor basketball courts, an indoor playground and a movie theater. I pay $14 an hour, or around $320 a month.

3.) Guitar lessons for my kid, soccer league, baseball league, rock climbing and martial arts are all classes I have paid close to or more than $210.

4.) There was a custom piece of jewelry for $370 that I flat out adored so much I almost bought but stopped at the last second to google the materials used and, as far as I can figure out, the materials used to create the piece are less than $7 but the skill to make it the way it is probably took at least two years..

5.) Custom framing for art

6.) Sculptures that move in the wind and make noise, like chimes.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Learn from the dudes here (not me, I'm nobody).
Your wife could be in my target market though

What do you think I want to spend the money on?

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
So what do you think is worth 10k? This is about your own subjective valuation rather than market price.
A Bengal Tiger. Can you get me Bengal Tiger? I'll gladly pay you 2077.50 for a Bengal Tiger.

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
So what do you think is worth 10k? This is about your own subjective valuation rather than market price.

Good question. It has to be the Custom Personalized Attention Package.
Those Anthony Robbins Upsell Weekend Retreats type of thing.

People who sell eBook know they can command more perceived value from Video.

So we have to tailor that perceived value to what we are offering. What is the Platinum Package. Look at it from your prospects point of view.

Instead of them doing something we do everything for them type of thing.

A Bengal Tiger. Can you get me Bengal Tiger? I'll gladly pay you 2077.50 for a Bengal Tiger.

Chris is Hilarious now I want the Bengal Tiger Package too!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.