The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Will Boom? - 2018-2023

GetShitDone

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
77%
Dec 20, 2012
Canada
Within the next 5 years, what industry do you think would boom?

For example, real estate has boomed in Vancouver and Sydney over the past 5 years and is at it's peak right now.

What industries do you think would be in their boom period from 2018-2023?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Within the next 5 years, what industry do you think would boom?

For example, real estate has boomed in Vancouver and Sydney over the past 5 years and is at it's peak right now.

What industries do you think would be in their boom period from 2018-2023?
Alot will 'boom'. Two that come to mind. 3d printing. Alternative building materials. Just my approach on it. I see alot of oppurtunities. Hope that gets it rolling a little.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
It seems like for folks with some money they don't mind burning on speculation there is huge potential for cryptocurrency.

Bitcoin went up $1000 in 1 week the other day. Just... just nuts.

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Virtual reality and augmented reality are about to be huge and will impact multiple industries. At first video games and shopping experiences. Later these will expand to include other experiences such as theatre and movies, and probably at some point the entire internet. The ability to tell a good story will become more important than ever as we go deeper into an internal world. So storytelling and digital development will also be huge industries where companies need a lot of help in transition, and have limited supply of individuals with that kind of knowledge.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A self-driven taxi fleet of Teslas.
Pay-per-use cars.

Jonathan C

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 3, 2017
United States

ZeroTo100

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 2, 2016
New York City / New Jersey
Self driving cars/planes, Augumented reality/VR, Cryptocurrency, Artificial intelligence, Weed, Privacy on mobile and social networks, Cyber security, Green building materials, Sustainability energy, sustainable farming, and I expect more video online.

Also, I expect more millionaires on TMF ! Boom

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
I don't know what will boom in the next 5 years, but I can tell you what is going to bust, and that's higher education. I feel very confident about that.

Chances of that happening are effectively zero.
Such core aspects of global society do not decelerate from 100 to 10 in time spans like five years.

Fifty to a hundred years.. still highly unlikely, but maybe.

In five years, would you trust your heart surgery to some bro who learned it at a 2-week webinar? I doubt it.
Although, I agree many liberal arts majors aren't worth the cost of attendance, and the time/money can be better utilized.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Engineering and construction..... everything in this country needs to be rebuilt in the next 15 to 25 years ..... we have a HUGE cliff of engineers and tech people leaving the work force.....

Automation will help. But the bottleneck will be the design to satisfy all the levels of regulation / insurance / liability.

Lots to do!

Sequential

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 8, 2017
UK
In my opinion.

AI
Gene Therapy
Smart Drugs (drugs created on an individual basis for a specific person who has been screened at a deep level (maybe a bit early for this though)
Neuro Networking - think how the internet connects millions of computers together - this will be our brains at some point.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Virtual reality and augmented reality are about to be huge and will impact multiple industries. At first video games and shopping experiences. Later these will expand to include other experiences such as theatre and movies, and probably at some point the entire internet. The ability to tell a good story will become more important than ever as we go deeper into an internal world. So storytelling and digital development will also be huge industries where companies need a lot of help in transition, and have limited supply of individuals with that kind of knowledge.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for VR marketing. But I haven't found anything on it so far.
And VR movies as well. Authors, especially fiction fantasy might have a chance to have their books turned into near-realistic shows that are even more sharp-edged than conventional TV shows lol.
Even if most of us aren't going to help program VRs, we can be first movers, occupy market space and still make a bounty. It's going to be like the old Internet days...Chuma mode.

Also, I expect more millionaires on TMF ! Boom
:playful::clap:::clap::

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC

VR Is the Fastest-Growing Skill for Online Freelancers
Reported by UpWork, no less. Those things are going for 1k/job minimum.

-1x-1.png

Justin1999111710

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Mar 3, 2015
Long Island New York
Food delivery services. When I started working at the local company I work for 3 years ago we were the only restaurant delivery service in the area. Now big companies like Uber and door dash are moving in. People are becoming more introverted and leaving there homes less. They would rather push a couple buttons on there keyboard and have the food brought to them then go out and deal with people.

oldkevx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
613%
Nov 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
I don't know what will boom in the next 5 years, but I can tell you what is going to bust, and that's higher education. I feel very confident about that.

I agree 100%. With all of the free education online, I don't see how much longer they can keep running the scam of higher education.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Engineering and construction..... everything in this country needs to be rebuilt in the next 15 to 25 years ..... we have a HUGE cliff of engineers and tech people leaving the work force.....

Automation will help. But the bottleneck will be the design to satisfy all the levels of regulation / insurance / liability.

Lots to do!
Yup!

There's a HUGE building boom taking place across the country at the moment. Some regions more than others...

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
The marijuana industry, it'll be legalized in every state and there will be some serious money to be made.

Yeah, this is gonna be big.

Not just retailing either. Services in support of retailers will be big too. Wholesaling, supplies, real estate, signage, etc.

Once government regulations increase (they will, especially on the quality, tax revenue, and "public safety" sides of things), then services in support of maintaining government compliance will be big too. It's big business in other highly regulated industries like alcohol, tobacco, petroleum, food production.

I expect states will create new divisions working under their Department of Public Safety. Just like the various weights and measures, health, and environmental divisions are usually under that department now.

"Department of Public Safety; Marijuana Division" haha

Quality-Testing Legal Marijuana: Strong But Not Always Clean

All said and done I expect that weed will be controlled on the production level like alcohol is now, and at the retail level like a measured/weighted product is now. (THC levels and product safety will be controlled at production, weights and measures will be controlled at retail [like gasoline])

People that position themselves to service retailers will make a lot of money in the next decade.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Once government regulations increase (they will, especially on the quality, tax revenue, and "public safety" sides of things), then services in support of maintaining government compliance will be big too. It's big business in other highly regulated industries like alcohol, tobacco, petroleum, food production.

This is already happening. A friend of mine has created sort of "plug and play" weed farms. The state has very tight regulations as to how much weed can be grown by one person, and how the growing spaces are to be separated, so he bought a decrepit warehouse in Michigan, then built little farm "boxes". Each has cameras to monitor remotely. Then he recruits people to be "farmers" and basically just takes a vig on every crop. It's gonna be yuge.

I think there's a market for a weed growing MLM if executed correctly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.