The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What virtual assistant companies have you used and did you like them?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I'm in the process of building a new digital product and I'm going to be needing a few more virtual assistants sometime very soon for extremely basic work.

I have one VA right now that I hired sometime ago off of FB. Shes a college educated, stay at home mom, who makes my life 100x easier. I pay her $15.00/hr and she is worth every penny.

There are times I need VAs to do extremely basic work and in the past I have used a company called Task Assistant which allowed me to hire VAs for $5.00/hr.

I don't really have much experience with any other VA companies so I figure I would ask here.

The task I need some low cost VAs for:
  1. Data scraping. I need them to collect numbers and emails of companies.
  2. Sending out mass emails (I provide the template with some blanks they must fill in with info they are tasked to collect).
  3. Zendesk support staff. I have answers to pretty much every single question that can be possibly asked; they just have to copy/paste it.
  4. Basic research.
One company I have considered is "Okay Relax."

They claim all of their VAs are college educated and they cost $6 - $7/hr depending on how many hours you purchase. I would be fine with that slight cost increase if they end up being higher quality.

Any other input, advice, or recommendations?

Thanks,
Dan

EDIT: I did a google search and looked at reviews but came to the conclusion that most of the reviews I found are fake as all of them are earning affiliate fees if you sign up. I trust the members here more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
UpWork VAs work fine.

I read a story recently, where someone hired a VA to find VAs. To take the requirements the owner needed, then screen applicants.

Kusneak

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jun 20, 2019
Black Forrest Germany
I made a good experience on this site: onlinejobs.ph (no affiliate link);)
I had 2 T Shirt designers who did an awesome job for cheap money and im sure you can find some good people here for your business too. The only bad thing is it costs 70$/month but you could cancel the subscription after 1 month.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
UpWork VAs work fine.

I read a story recently, where someone hired a VA to find VAs. To take the requirements the owner needed, then screen applicants.
For some reason I was thinking Upwork only had American VAs for like $20+/hr. I just checked into again and found some from India for $3/hr. I understand there is likely a huge quality difference but some of the stuff I need done could be completed by a small child with internet access.

Thanks!

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I made a good experience on this site: onlinejobs.ph (no affiliate link);)
I had 2 T Shirt designers who did an awesome job for cheap money and im sure you can find some good people here for your business too. The only bad thing is it costs 70$/month but you could cancel the subscription after 1 month.

I'll check them out. Thanks!

ApparentHorizon

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Apr 1, 2016
Greenville, SC
For some reason I was thinking Upwork only had American VAs for like $20+/hr. I just checked into again and found some from India for $3/hr. I understand there is likely a huge quality difference but some of the stuff I need done could be completed by a small child with internet access.

Thanks!

Post a job offering and let people bid. The search isn't a good representation the applicants.

I hired a woman once from the Philippines to do lead gen for $5/hr + bonus. She was better than half of the native English speakers.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Post a job offering and let people bid. The search isn't a good representation the applicants.

I hired a woman once from the Philippines to do lead gen for $5/hr + bonus. She was better than half of the native English speakers.
Awesome, thanks for the tip!

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
I've been thinking about starting a VA agency.

After some research on VAs to learn from successes and failures, I can tell you this:

They need you more than you need them. Tell them exactly what you need done, then ask them how they would accomplish it. See how they would accomplish the tasks, and then decide if you think they will be a good fit with you in terms of personality and skills.

Worry less about costs initially and more if they can get the job done properly in a timely manner. After vetting them, if you believe they can get the tasks done, negotiate costs.

That's my conclusion from my current research on good VAs. You can find VAs on upwork, Fiverr, Craiglist, network meetings, Google, etc.. but you absolutely need to be able to talk to them to get a good idea if they're worth it. Your time and money are precious.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL

English is native to the Philippines as well.

They speak quite good English there. The radio stations are in English. Friends in big cities talk to each other in English. Etc.

The biggest differences I've seen: Filipinos speak with a Filipino accent (bad for cold calling). In written communication they're a lot worse at grammar and sentence structure. Lastly, they love using the word "sir".

However, that doesn't mean the whole population is that way.

If you're paying $5 per hour, then you tap into the top 10% of assistant talent in that country. In my opinion, I'd take the top 10% of the Philippines over the average $12/hour American any day.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
$8 to $12 VA from the philipines on upwork by using strict filtering. Brilliant. Only good experiences for me doing this.

I'm not an expert though but it's worked best for me doing it this way.

I look forward to the day I can make my current VA a full time employee with an above average wage. The businesses I've seen like outsource angels etc that find them for you have a massive markup and are not worth it imo.

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I wouldn't recommend going through a VA company, they take upwards of 50% of the VAs salary sometimes.

You should hire direct using onlinejobs.ph or upwork.

My best VAs have been from the Philippines. They are hard workers and speak perfect english. Like any job posting you will have to weed through the hundreds of shitty applications. But you will find some good ones in there. I pay my VAs just under $5 an hour for a high volume inbound call position

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.