What's new

What truly matters...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

lightning

Regular Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
543
Location
Northern, NJ
Rep Bank
$1,265
User Power: 37%
This ones completely off-topic, but as I sit here at work I started reflecting and I figured Id share my thoughts with you guys…

A moderator, veteran, and friend of mine on another board I’m on, (car forum), has been with his fiancé for over 5 years (he is 25 this year). I have never met her personally, but as we all engage in conversation through the forums on a pretty regular basis (just like we do here), most of the forum members have gotten to know him pretty well and subsequently, we had all heard about her over the years and his feelings for her were definitely not “news†to any of us. They lived in part of the area hit hard by Hurricane Katrina and were forced to relocate after the storm; so needless to say, they have endured a trying couple of years together. As well as being a moderator on that forum, he is also a very talented technician who is in the process of starting his own business, so he has been one of the “Nice guys†as well as one of the “Pros†on the board, reaching out to help anyone he could with any car problems that arose (again, reminding me of the talented people on this board who are always willing to lend advice, enthusiasm and motivation to strangers). The “community†atmosphere of that forum is quite similar to here, and many online friendships have been forged because of it.

I am very saddened as I write this, because the forum got word today that yesterday while my friend was at work, a state trooper showed up at his garage to inform him that his girlfriend Kat had been in a horrible car accident, and that she had passed away at the scene. My friend went into kind of a shock upon the news, and was only able to make a few phone calls (one to his best friend, another forum member), who broke us the terrible news this afternoon.

Maybe because his situation reminded me so much of my own life (young guy-25 years old, been with his girlfriend for about the same amount of time as my own-5 years, struggling with the same situations that I’m also dealing with in my mid-20’s while I attempt to set myself up in life, starting a business and trying to succeed, etc.), this hit me as hard as it did. I just can’t stop thinking about it, and I’m having trouble concentrating at work just trying to come to terms with the grief and devastation he must be dealing with right now...and the pain that he will endure for years to come. :(

I don’t want to bore anyone with a long thread, but if I can and as I reflect, I would like to offer some advice that we all forget sometimes, and to hopefully let some people “step back†for a moment in their busy lives and realize something;

Don’t ever take your loved ones for granted, and always be thankful for the blessings you are given in life. I know my friend would give anything in the world up to have his fiancé around when he comes home tonight, and knowing him for as long as I have, I can bet that nothing in the world (his business, his job, how much money he has, how “cool†his car is, when he will be able to retire, his net worth, etc.) means anything to him at this point..as I know he would trade it all in an instance to have her back in his life today... It is unfortunate that sometimes it takes a tragedy such as this to make people realize what is TRULY important in life, and that we sometimes wait till its too late to tell those we care most about just how much they mean to us…and how much we appreciate them being there.

I apologize if I brought anyone’s day down by reading this, just thought you guys would appreciate where I'm coming from. Though matter how much money any of us make today or in the future, the loved ones in your life will always be irreplaceable when they’re gone..and it’s truly amazing just fast your life can change in an instant.

Take care guys…


-Mike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O en tu tussz vu jies ecuav vjot. O xomm ci tezoph e tqidoem qsezis vupohjv gus jis genomz epf gopedii.

O ehsii xovj xjev zua teof ecuav muwif upit cioph ossiqmedecmi.

vjot ot vji sietup O veli desi ug epf tqipf voni xovj nz genomz xjipiwis O jewi vji djepdi. Of sevjis hiv vu xjisi O en huoph tmuxmz epf tqipf voni xovj vjin vjip pihmidv iwiszupi epf hiv vjisi getvis.

Pu nevvis jux tadittgam O ciduni us jux nadj nupiz O eraosi puvjoph dep iwis veli vji qmedi ug nz genomz. vjiz esi nz jiesv, nz tuam, nz sietup gus csievjoph. vjiz esi nz optqosevoup op vjot epf iwisz uvjis kuaspiz O apfisveli.
 
Xjev e hav xsipdjoph tvusz .... O'n tussz vu jies vjot. Nz dupfumipdit epf qsezist vu jon epf jot genomz.
 
Ov ot apgusvapevi vjev tunivonit ov velit e vsehifz tadj et vjot vu neli qiuqmi siemobi xjev ot VSAMZ onqusvepv op mogi

O huv e gosn sinopfis ug vjot e duaqmi ug nupvjt ehu.

E huuf gsoipf ug uas genomz xuslif qesv voni (20 jst e xiil) op effovoup vu e pusnem 40js/xiil kuc gus 20 ziest tu vjev vjiz duamf vsewim xjip vjiz sivosif. Vji qesv voni kuc xet xovj ep eosmopi dunqepz epf ov xet e cipigov (ecmi vu gmz tvepfcz) gus muph voni inqmuziit .

Tu metv zies, tji dsuttif vji 20 zies cipdj nesl epf jef ipuahj tewif aq ipuahj vu sivosi vu vsewim vji xusmf (us ev mietv xjisi vji eosmopi tji xuslif gus xipv). Tefmz, vjsii nupvjt egvis sivosoph tji xet foehputif xovj depdis, xjodj tji guahjv gus toy cigusi qettoph exez.

Vji qsuhsittoup ug iwipvt sieggosnif vjev ov ot onqusvepv vu ipkuz vji sofi cideati vji qezuav ot puv haesepviif.

Ns. Qopl
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom