The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to write

Marketing, social media, advertising

bmarone

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Nov 15, 2011
I just set up my new website a little over a week ago. Before I add too much content, I want to work on optimizing my search rankings, just in case I need to alter the content a bit for better rankings. However, a question arose concerning the type of content to write. My website is pretty much a blog which will eventually become a platform for selling my info products as well. I know it is good practice to write articles/blog posts with some free information just so potential customers/consumers can see what I'm about before making a decision to buy.

However, I don't want to write too much content, so that it just becomes an eye-strain for the customer reading the posts. This could ultimately backfire for me, as they lose interest and don't buy. I need to calibrate my content so that it's short and sweet, to the point while containing some basic information that will be of value to the potential customer and can help them decide. My content will be focused on physical fitness, so it needs to be geared toward that topic. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Brandon

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Flaag

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jul 1, 2012
Use infographics, diagrams,… to explain your content. It will differentiate yourself from the rest, and especially infographics can easily go viral.
Visuals are much easier to understand and much interesting than just plain text.

As for content, start with a general holistic overview of your fitness philosophy. So, that your readers understand how everything fits together.

jetwalker102

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 11, 2012
Infographics are a great idea. They are definitely appealing to users and don’t make them bored quickly in contrast to textual content. Try to prepare an infographic about some trending topic and include some facts your audience may find interesting or entertaining. This way they may even share the infographics with their friends, thus increasing your recognition and search results. Using infographics in marketing is discussed in more detail here: "Infographics – A Powerful Tool To Promote Your Business & Brand"

MCD

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 26, 2011
I don't think you have to worry about people losing interest because of "too much content" because no one really goes to a blog with the expectation of reading every post. When I visit a blog, I like to see that the content is fresh with the last post written within the last two weeks. If you are limiting your content you obviously won't have fresh content which may turn people off of your site.

From an SEO standpoint, the more content the better as it makes your site more of an authority and gives you more pages that can rank.

My advice (for whatever it's worth) would be to:

1. Write as much content as possible, targeting a niche related long tail keyword and several LSI words in every article.
2. Make an attractive looking banner advertising your ebook, link it to your squeeze page and put it in the sidebar on every page above the fold.
3. Mention your info product in every post and explain the value that it provides that isn't provided in your article.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.