I'm getting a car so I can move into a cheaper area (away from public transportation). I've always relied on buses/trains and know nothing about cars. I've never owned one.
I want to purchase something cheap and used.
Things important to me (listed by order of importance):
-Medium-term value (I plan on owning this particular video for only a year. Within that time period I don't want to spend 100% the price of the vehicle to keep it running.)
-MPG. (Again, in 2012 I don't want to spend more money than I need to.)
-Drives well. (I've never owned a car and am not the most practiced driver.)
-Legroom (I'm 6'1" and while not a GIANT, I feel more comfortable in larger vehicles than smaller ones.)
-Storage Space (I may transport lights/cameras/tripods from gig to gig, but likelyhood that I'll own such equipment before I get another car. The assistance in moving from one place to another place would be great.)
I don't know anything else that might be a consideration. I don't care about aesthetics or 'features'. What do I look for? What questions do I ask? What price range should I look at?
I'm basically looking for a car that will meet basic transportation needs for as cheap as possible.
(cheap meaning NET $ spent over the course of the first year. If it's a $200 car that needs $12K worth of work after 6 months to keep it drivable, I don't consider that 'cheap')
I want to purchase something cheap and used.
Things important to me (listed by order of importance):
-Medium-term value (I plan on owning this particular video for only a year. Within that time period I don't want to spend 100% the price of the vehicle to keep it running.)
-MPG. (Again, in 2012 I don't want to spend more money than I need to.)
-Drives well. (I've never owned a car and am not the most practiced driver.)
-Legroom (I'm 6'1" and while not a GIANT, I feel more comfortable in larger vehicles than smaller ones.)
-Storage Space (I may transport lights/cameras/tripods from gig to gig, but likelyhood that I'll own such equipment before I get another car. The assistance in moving from one place to another place would be great.)
I don't know anything else that might be a consideration. I don't care about aesthetics or 'features'. What do I look for? What questions do I ask? What price range should I look at?
I'm basically looking for a car that will meet basic transportation needs for as cheap as possible.
(cheap meaning NET $ spent over the course of the first year. If it's a $200 car that needs $12K worth of work after 6 months to keep it drivable, I don't consider that 'cheap')
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
