The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do?

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023
My parents don't allow me to do a job irl as I am 13. They only trust things like youtube. What do I do. I tried youtubing but it's not working for me. What do I do?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

charlemagne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 28, 2023
My parents don't allow me to do a job irl as I am 13. They only trust things like youtube. What do I do. I tried youtubing but it's not working for me. What do I do?
What do you do for what? Whats your goal. Where do you want to be?

Here's a good place to start.

Your thirteen so first I would say relax. Second, go to gym. Third, read some good book like unscripted . Report back once you have more clarity. It is hard to tell you what to do when you don't know what you want.

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023

Your thirteen so first I would say relax. Second, go to gym. Third, read some good book like unscripted . Report back once you have more clarity. It is hard to tell you what to do when you don't know what you want.
Your advice is right but I don't want to disturb my parents more by a gym membership. If you ask about my goal so it is

Your advice is valuable but I don't wanna be a disturbance to my parents by a gym membership. Also my goal is to shift to a beautiful place,help people after I am successful and live without any tension. But I don't know where to start. I am surely reading 2nd hand books(Thats all I can afford) please give me a road map for my future

charlemagne

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Mar 28, 2023
Your advice is right but I don't want to disturb my parents more by a gym membership. If you ask about my goal so it is

Your advice is valuable but I don't wanna be a disturbance to my parents by a gym membership. Also my goal is to shift to a beautiful place,help people after I am successful and live without any tension. But I don't know where to start. I am surely reading 2nd hand books(Thats all I can afford) please give me a road map for my future
Your goals are good, but they are too ambiguous.

I don't wanna be a disturbance to my parents by a gym membership.
Then workout outside. Or get a free trial membership. Or tell the gym your broke and beg for a discount. Here in lies your problem. I don't think you want what you say you want but would prefer the EVENT. You want the easy path literally handed to you. You asked me to GIVE you the plan. You have to find the process in large part. I can't give you a road map for your future because it's your life. I can't even give my self a full roadmap because life is unpredictable. You have internet access, watch youtube, read the GOLD posts, download free pdf books off public libraries. FIND YOUR PATH. Stop asking people to give you a secret. You'll never find a secret. Want the closest thing to a secret for success?

Small, incremental, seemingly meaningless daily actions that you do ad nauseam, over and over and over.

I think practical advice for you is to calm down, and then try out GoalSumo.com. That should help you figure a better sense of your long, medium, and daily goals. Break life down and eat the elephant one bite at a time.

If you are truly as desperate as you seem, just do SOMETHING. I started there. I picked up a book for five minutes. Now I can read for hours and stay entertained. Just start. Do that thing you've been putting off. Delete social media. Do 100 pushups. Like seriously if you are that lost then just do something. Then something else. Then, again. And maybe over and over and over.

Best of luck

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
What do you mean by "it's not working for me"? How long have you tried for? And what have you tried?

If you can't go to gym, do exercices in your room:
  • Start push-ups
  • Start squats
  • Start stretching
As you are 13 and have internet access: learn a skill
  • Copywriting
  • Video edit (use Capcut that is free)
  • Any music instrument if you have one at home
  • 3D modeling and/or animating (use Blender that's free)
These are just examples, there are many other things you can explore.

I think you have to explore and find something that you enjoy.

Do not over-stress as well, you're 13 and you have time. Time to act and relax.

D

Deleted126160

there’s no such thing as ‘X business is not working for me’. You either work hard on right things and it works for you or work hard on wrong things/don’t work at all and believe that it’s not working for you.

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023
Your goals are good, but they are too ambiguous.

Then workout outside. Or get a free trial membership. Or tell the gym your broke and beg for a discount. Here in lies your problem. I don't think you want what you say you want but would prefer the EVENT. You want the easy path literally handed to you. You asked me to GIVE you the plan. You have to find the process in large part. I can't give you a road map for your future because it's your life. I can't even give my self a full roadmap because life is unpredictable. You have internet access, watch youtube, read the GOLD posts, download free pdf books off public libraries. FIND YOUR PATH. Stop asking people to give you a secret. You'll never find a secret. Want the closest thing to a secret for success?

Small, incremental, seemingly meaningless daily actions that you do ad nauseam, over and over and over.

I think practical advice for you is to calm down, and then try out GoalSumo.com. That should help you figure a better sense of your long, medium, and daily goals. Break life down and eat the elephant one bite at a time.

If you are truly as desperate as you seem, just do SOMETHING. I started there. I picked up a book for five minutes. Now I can read for hours and stay entertained. Just start. Do that thing you've been putting off. Delete social media. Do 100 pushups. Like seriously if you are that lost then just do something. Then something else. Then, again. And maybe over and over and over.

Best of luck
You advice really makes sense. If you're telling then it maybe true that I am too much into events but trust me I do 150 pushups,50 squats,50 jumping jacks daily but people say that it's inside the comfort zone that's why I was desperate towards my physique. And yeah I do read a hour day but I am bad a figuring things out and that makes me do nothing than the two things mentioned and waste time thinking of my future. I would definitely try GoalSumo.com
Thank you for your time

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023
What do you mean by "it's not working for me"? How long have you tried for? And what have you tried?

If you can't go to gym, do exercices in your room:
  • Start push-ups
  • Start squats
  • Start stretching
As you are 13 and have internet access: learn a skill
  • Copywriting
  • Video edit (use Capcut that is free)
  • Any music instrument if you have one at home
  • 3D modeling and/or animating (use Blender that's free)
These are just examples, there are many other things you can explore.

I think you have to explore and find something that you enjoy.

Do not over-stress as well, you're 13 and you have time. Time to act and relax.
Yeah thanks a lot for so precious knowledge you provided.
I tried youtubing for 2 years. First year I was dedicated towards a gaming channel. I gained 1.3 k subs but the channel became dead later. 2nd year I tried a story telling youtube channel (I am ok at writing stories and also love writing) for 6 months. Literally the average views were 4-5 only. The next 6 months I started a personal development channel but that was a big flop too. It isn't like I wasted all my time and wasn't much dedicated. I used all my free time in those channels. I think I am good for nothing. Btw thanks for the time you used for writing this message

Nazca

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
May 3, 2023
France
You advice really makes sense. If you're telling then it maybe true that I am too much into events but trust me I do 150 pushups,50 squats,50 jumping jacks daily but people say that it's inside the comfort zone that's why I was desperate towards my physique. And yeah I do read a hour day but I am bad a figuring things out and that makes me do nothing than the two things mentioned and waste time thinking of my future. I would definitely try GoalSumo.com
Thank you for your time
It is outside your comfort zone as long as you feel you are pushing your limits beyond their boundaries. If you do them without effort, then yes it is inside, but if you do better (or try to) than the previous session, then you are pushing your own limits!
Yeah thanks a lot for so precious knowledge you provided.
I tried youtubing for 2 years. First year I was dedicated towards a gaming channel. I gained 1.3 k subs but the channel became dead later. 2nd year I tried a story telling youtube channel (I am ok at writing stories and also love writing) for 6 months. Literally the average views were 4-5 only. The next 6 months I started a personal development channel but that was a big flop too. It isn't like I wasted all my time and wasn't much dedicated. I used all my free time in those channels. I think I am good for nothing. Btw thanks for the time you used for writing this message
A pleasure for me!

The channel became dead? Why? I guess it did not die by itself. You stopped your dedication for it. 1.3K subs is pretty good for a 2 years old channel, with no real plan, I think it had potential. You are only 13, meaning that you have a huge progress margin. You could/can push it far if you hadn't stopped.

As @charlemagne said, I think you are waiting for EVENTS. Find a process that you love, create a steady action plan with action and result goals. (These have to be numerical and clearly defined).

You are not "good for nothing". Many 13 old kids just want to grind on video games, start smoking and talk about sex. You have ambition and you tried things. You gave up too fast. You have a great mind. Remember that:
  • Small minds talk people
  • Average minds talk events
  • Great minds talk ideas
Read "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy if you can.

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023
It is outside your comfort zone as long as you feel you are pushing your limits beyond their boundaries. If you do them without effort, then yes it is inside, but if you do better (or try to) than the previous session, then you are pushing your own limits!

A pleasure for me!

The channel became dead? Why? I guess it did not die by itself. You stopped your dedication for it. 1.3K subs is pretty good for a 2 years old channel, with no real plan, I think it had potential. You are only 13, meaning that you have a huge progress margin. You could/can push it far if you hadn't stopped.

As @charlemagne said, I think you are waiting for EVENTS. Find a process that you love, create a steady action plan with action and result goals. (These have to be numerical and clearly defined).

You are not "good for nothing". Many 13 old kids just want to grind on video games, start smoking and talk about sex. You have ambition and you tried things. You gave up too fast. You have a great mind. Remember that:
  • Small minds talk people
  • Average minds talk events
  • Great minds talk ideas
Read "The Compound Effect" by Darren Hardy if you can.
Started my journey with your positive messages

Moucham_Sarma

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
May 1, 2023
Don't keep us a secret ;) you joined here may 1st and you're still here! Looking forward your progress!
To tell the truth I have don't much in skill development. I am seeking knowledge (currently). I love history and world politics so trying to improve my knowledge there. I am trying to read self help books too and I sometimes write poems(If that's a part of development). I know it's less but after a few months I will completely change.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
I think you are too young for this stuff. But, I know it helps if you start early, so I recommend you read some good books.
You can start by reading The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted .

Gradually build up your knowledge and also grow your skills. Try to learn something new each day.

Build skills that can be monetised like web development, marketing, sales, etc.

On the other hand, YouTube is also a great way to build your community. You just need to do it consistently and have patience.

Moxy404

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jun 3, 2023
My parents don't allow me to do a job irl as I am 13.
I suggest that you don't worry about getting a job right now as you're only 13. When you're at that age, there's not much you can do with money anyway.

How about learning a skill? If you have internet and a computer, you can learn pretty much anything, coding, video editing, web design etc. I also suggest going to a gym, If you can't, then do some calisthenics.

When I was 13 I learnt video editing and ended up editing for people who wanted to make gaming montages. Made around 150 USD before I decided to quit, I wasted all of my money on games though (lol).

I think it's very good that you have this kind of mindset at your age. My advice? Don't rush the process, you have A LOT of time. Learn skills, get outside of your comfort zone, and live life.

You're not that much younger than me actually, I wish you good luck my friend.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...