The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What to do with my life? What to master/focus on?

BeDubz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 27, 2018
Hello Community,

I have been an avid reader in this forum for about a year now. I also read MJs book.

My background:
  • I am 29 years old
  • german
  • studied mathematics (Bachelor of Science), finished 2015 (did not like it much)
  • since 2012 I take care of my mum (dementia) at home the entire day (dad works, brother job training), means I cannot leave, travel, ... spontaneously - dont get me wrong: I love to take care for my mum, just wanna say that I am not flexible
  • I am a bit afraid that I will not get a step into the job world afterwards (whenever that will be)
  • I started daytrading for 3 years. Right now I am finally at I-survive-and-do-not-drown-state. But I wont make any money with that in the future most likely.

Since I have at least 1-3 hours a day for myself I want to become good at something. Something that makes me some money and takes my sorrows of the life after care-taking. Something I will get known for to have mastered it. I know that you can make money with almost everything once you become great at it.

But one thing is for sure: I am not creative.

Maybe you guys can inspire me, have ideas, ...

Two things I have in mind:
  1. Memorizing scriptures verbatim (I already memorized some bible books verbatim - but how will that make me any money)
  2. Learning Python (no experience with coding whatsoever, nor do I know if that would be smart since A LOT of people do that already)
  3. ...
Thank you in advance :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Why don't you look a little closer to home and start something related to the nursing/caring/health field? You already probably know many of the difficulties and issues that many other people may not and it's an area that's only going to grow as our population ages.

Olimac21

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 3, 2015
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Start small and become a tutor/teacher in Mathematics. The best way to learn is to teach they say and is something you can start inmediately doing, no need of over preparation or thinking too much about it.

BeDubz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 27, 2018
Why don't you look a little closer to home and start something related to the nursing/caring/health field? You already probably know many of the difficulties and issues that many other people may not and it's an area that's only going to grow as our population ages.

Yeah, I absolutely agrees. But in Germany nursing/caring is one of the worst paid job areas to go into at the moment - even though we are known for the best healthcare. Most of the nurses live below average.

Additionally I think I am emotionally not able to work in that field always having in mind how much my mum has to suffer from that illness.

BeDubz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 27, 2018
Start small and become a tutor/teacher in Mathematics. The best way to learn is to teach they say and is something you can start inmediately doing, no need of over preparation or thinking too much about it.

The area of online teaching (school subjects or languages) is overcrowded. But actually something I was already considering but unsure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.