The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What skills should one learn to start a business in 2023?

Idea threads

joel.nilsson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 4, 2022
Sweden
I am looking to learn a new skill for the next 2 months until I start my new job in December(tech sales).

And I'm unsure what skills to learn, I believe coding will not be worth the time for me.

So what other skills are worth pursuing to start a 6 figure business in 2023?

What industries would you look into and what would be needed to learn in order to succeed in starting a business in that space?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UK_Mike

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 10, 2020
North West UK
I think your two threads are basically the same question, aren't they? You want to find a problem to solve, but at the same time you want to know what skills to learn - and I don't think there's much difference. When you find a problem that needs solving, then you look at whether you have the skills, or can acquire the skills, to solve it. If not, move on to the next one. Limiting yourself to two months to learn a new skill seems a bit ambitious to me, though I guess it depends on what skill you decide on.

joel.nilsson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Feb 4, 2022
Sweden
I think your two threads are basically the same question, aren't they? You want to find a problem to solve, but at the same time you want to know what skills to learn - and I don't think there's much difference. When you find a problem that needs solving, then you look at whether you have the skills, or can acquire the skills, to solve it. If not, move on to the next one. Limiting yourself to two months to learn a new skill seems a bit ambitious to me, though I guess it depends on what skill you decide on.
Sure i guess that's true.

Well, it's not that I'm limiting myself to 2 months. But currently, I have 2 months of total free time and nothing to do. So I would be a great time to start

Mikkel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 25, 2016
New Hampshire
You're starting a tech sales job. Forget other skills. Get good at this one skill and it can carry you far in business. Read as many books as you can on sales. There are many of them.

I'm just starting out on reading this topic so I'm limited in my recommendations.

Two that I know of:
1. SPIN Selling
2. The Feldman Technique

Tons more of course, just the two I know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jerryB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
May 25, 2018
1. Choose an industry that you're interested in. If you are interested in none, then get interested. Running a business in an industry you are not interested in will just make you miserable.

2. Number one skill is to learn consistency. Choose one thing and stick to it. Practice daily.

"“If people knew how hard I had to work to gain my mastery, it would not seem so wonderful at all.” – Michelangelo."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.