The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What should we sell an audience of sports fans (mostly male) between ages of 20 and 55

zander1983

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jan 24, 2021
My friend is a journalist who has built up an audience of approx 50,000 through various social media channels. We're in Ireland and he covers the 2 major local sports called gaelic games (hurling and football). He is probably the most well known and well-connected journalist in the country covering these sports. He has a YoutUbe channel with 2 shows a week.
So, we want to sell to this audience. Here's a breakdown of the audience:
Sex:
89% male
Views:
18-24 age group 16% views
25-34 age group 28.4% views
35-44 age group 23.5% views
45-54 age group 15.5% views
55-64 age group 9.3% views
65+ age group 6.6% views
By Country:
Ireland 81.8%
UK 8.4%
US 3.2%
Australia 1.3%

So, what should we sell this audience? We want to first sell to the existing audience, but to build a brand that can stand on it's own outside of this audience (which is small, even in Ireland).

Some issues we're discussing:
- the audience is mostly male, and males buy less frequently online than females (though this trend has likely even up since covid)
- if we are to sell clothes, why would they buy from us? People here are proud of where they're from and their team - why buy from us and not the official clothes maker for the team?
- if we are to sell clothes e.g. hoodies, in order for these to sell, we'd probably need to brand with the county name (each county in Ireland has a team, and there are 32 counties). This would mean we're stuck just selling to this audience and would make it hard to grow outside this audience
- if we are to sell male grooming products, why trust a new brand - especially when you're applying this stuff to your face - rather than an established one?

What would ye suggest we sell? Is there are opportunity here we are not thinking of?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I’d check out Russell Brunson’s one funnel away program for the 30,000 ft view of what you’ll want to do. But in the meantime you guys need to get an account at ClickBank or an affiliate network. Then, at the very least, you could be occasionally mentioning things on the show.

Eg: (before the show starts completely) My wife made me do this crazy stretching course/book/video to help with our .. happy... life. I can’t talk about it here cuz, *cough* wife, but it worked! But back to hurling... unless you want the link, I added it to the comments.. hahahaaa..

Eg 2: Hey everybody, sorry about the show starting late but I’m getting this new microphone squared away. You guys have a nice one? This thing is cool af. I’ll drop it in the comments.

Eg 3: My bro made me this t-shirt and now I’m getting obsessed with making t-shirts.. who does this? I’m thinking about buying a _____, or a ____.

Eg 4: Got a new water filter this week and I’m in heaven. Y’all know you need water you beer guzzling bastards. I’ll drop the link.

Basically, if you just start with some affiliate links or affiliate links that you build out some simple webpages for you’ll be learning something.

Just my .02

zander1983

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jan 24, 2021
I’d check out Russell Brunson’s one funnel away program for the 30,000 ft view of what you’ll want to do. But in the meantime you guys need to get an account at ClickBank or an affiliate network. Then, at the very least, you could be occasionally mentioning things on the show.

Eg: (before the show starts completely) My wife made me do this crazy stretching course/book/video to help with our .. happy... life. I can’t talk about it here cuz, *cough* wife, but it worked! But back to hurling... unless you want the link, I added it to the comments.. hahahaaa..

Eg 2: Hey everybody, sorry about the show starting late but I’m getting this new microphone squared away. You guys have a nice one? This thing is cool af. I’ll drop it in the comments.

Eg 3: My bro made me this t-shirt and now I’m getting obsessed with making t-shirts.. who does this? I’m thinking about buying a _____, or a ____.

Eg 4: Got a new water filter this week and I’m in heaven. Y’all know you need water you beer guzzling bastards. I’ll drop the link.

Basically, if you just start with some affiliate links or affiliate links that you build out some simple webpages for you’ll be learning something.

Just my .02

Thank you, don't know anything about Russell Brunson or ClickBank but i'll get researching;)

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
My friend is a journalist who has built up an audience of approx 50,000 through various social media channels.
- if we are to sell clothes, why would they buy from us?
- if we are to sell male grooming products, why trust a new brand - especially when you're applying this stuff to your face - rather than an established one?
They are trusting your friend. That's why they would buy from him.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.