The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What payment gateways to use? And general website dev stuff

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
I'm paranoid about systems that touch my customers' money, so figured id ask here for advice.

What payment gateway would you use for a service platform? If it makes a difference, the payments will likely be $100-2000 range most of the time, and I need the ability to hold money in escrow until the service is completed. Are there any gateways with this option? Totally new to this!
Hoping to avoid political bs (paypal) and unreasonable cuts.

My outsourced team is also asking about social login details for implementing social signup. Obviously said no, but wondering how this is usually implemented, since there are quite a few solutions to this from what I can tell.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 22, 2020
Seems great if i can use the flat fee +0.25%!
Thanks for the tip :)

Using platform fees is a great way to add creative pricing strategies. I've integrated with stripe a few times and I use them in my consulting practice for invoicing. Overall I've been happy with their service from a customer and dev perspective.

Good luck!

Last edited:
D

Deleted74396

Using platform fees is a great way to add creative pricing strategies. I've integrated with stripe a few times and I use them in my consulting practice for invoicing. Overall I've been happy with there service from a customer and dev perspective.

Good luck!

I've also had good experiences with Stripe and would recommend :)

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Using platform fees is a great way to add creative pricing strategies. I've integrated with stripe a few times and I use them in my consulting practice for invoicing. Overall I've been happy with there service from a customer and dev perspective.

Good luck!
I'm planning to add a small % fee regardless from the customers, then a "hidden" fee from the service people. That the customer wont be aware of.

Just gotta be really careful to not scare away anyone because of too many fees, so gotta keep it reasonable and competetive :)

Ess

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Jan 22, 2020
I'm planning to add a small % fee regardless from the customers, then a "hidden" fee from the service people. That the customer wont be aware of.

Just gotta be really careful to not scare away anyone because of too many fees, so gotta keep it reasonable and competetive :)

From what I have seen, most merchants are very aware of where their businesses spend money. They absolutely pay attention to the percentages and most will prefer a flat rate monthly charge. That said some models just lend better to platform fees. What ever you do I would encourage you to do it openly so that your customers understand what they are paying for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.