The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

What payment gateways to use? And general website dev stuff

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Creep

Bronze Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
I'm paranoid about systems that touch my customers' money, so figured id ask here for advice.

What payment gateway would you use for a service platform? If it makes a difference, the payments will likely be $100-2000 range most of the time, and I need the ability to hold money in escrow until the service is completed. Are there any gateways with this option? Totally new to this!
Hoping to avoid political bs (paypal) and unreasonable cuts.

My outsourced team is also asking about social login details for implementing social signup. Obviously said no, but wondering how this is usually implemented, since there are quite a few solutions to this from what I can tell.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Ess

New Contributor
Jan 22, 2020
Seems great if i can use the flat fee +0.25%!
Thanks for the tip :)
Using platform fees is a great way to add creative pricing strategies. I've integrated with stripe a few times and I use them in my consulting practice for invoicing. Overall I've been happy with their service from a customer and dev perspective.

Good luck!

Last edited:

elusive97

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Nov 28, 2019
Yorkshire
Using platform fees is a great way to add creative pricing strategies. I've integrated with stripe a few times and I use them in my consulting practice for invoicing. Overall I've been happy with there service from a customer and dev perspective.

Good luck!
I've also had good experiences with Stripe and would recommend :)

OP
OP
C

Creep

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Apr 29, 2019
Using platform fees is a great way to add creative pricing strategies. I've integrated with stripe a few times and I use them in my consulting practice for invoicing. Overall I've been happy with there service from a customer and dev perspective.

Good luck!
I'm planning to add a small % fee regardless from the customers, then a "hidden" fee from the service people. That the customer wont be aware of.

Just gotta be really careful to not scare away anyone because of too many fees, so gotta keep it reasonable and competetive :)

Ess

New Contributor
Jan 22, 2020
I'm planning to add a small % fee regardless from the customers, then a "hidden" fee from the service people. That the customer wont be aware of.

Just gotta be really careful to not scare away anyone because of too many fees, so gotta keep it reasonable and competetive :)
From what I have seen, most merchants are very aware of where their businesses spend money. They absolutely pay attention to the percentages and most will prefer a flat rate monthly charge. That said some models just lend better to platform fees. What ever you do I would encourage you to do it openly so that your customers understand what they are paying for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Here is the talk I gave at the 2020 Fastlane Summit on Mastering your Mind In this video you...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
LATE BIRTHDAY! I'm behind on everything this month, including getting promos out. Sorry, my bad...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected - Please Disable

Yes, ads can be annoying. But please...

...to support the Unscripted/Fastlane mission (and to respect the immense amount of time needed to manage this forum) please DISABLE your ad-block. Thank you.

I've Disabled AdBlock