The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What one year on this forum can do

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
Great introduction for someone who is just beginning on the forum. Thanks a lot!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MichaelL13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 23, 2013
After browsing through the forum for the past 4-5 months. Today I finally decided that it was time to register, start talking to people and FINALLY do something about what I have a burning desire inside to do. I said in my reasons for signing up that I thought this place would give me what I needed in order to finally get off my backside and do something. I didn't think I'd find it this quick but I genuinely believe this is a thread that will change the way I think, especially the part about making your first hundred rather than million. I just want to say thank you and that this has been a huge help.

brycer9

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jan 21, 2013
After browsing through the forum for the past 4-5 months. Today I finally decided that it was time to register, start talking to people and FINALLY do something about what I have a burning desire inside to do. I said in my reasons for signing up that I thought this place would give me what I needed in order to finally get off my backside and do something. I didn't think I'd find it this quick but I genuinely believe this is a thread that will change the way I think, especially the part about making your first hundred rather than million. I just want to say thank you and that this has been a huge help.

Thats great to hear Michael. Would be awesome if you started a progress thread and documented your journey. You will also get alot of criticism about how to make it a success

MichaelL13

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Sep 23, 2013
Thats great to hear Michael. Would be awesome if you started a progress thread and documented your journey. You will also get alot of criticism about how to make it a success

Once I've got an idea I want to push forward with I'd definitely be interested in doing a progress thread, as you say... this is the perfect place to be guided on the rights and wrongs.

NetNinja

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Jun 18, 2013
What a great post. I am really digging this site.
I was on another so called Fastlane site but it was stale and not run very well. I read a lot of threads to catch up on any tasty morsels but none were to be found.
Someone messaged me after some thread was deleted on the site and told me about this site and the Millionarefastlane book. I did a double take and told myself 'WTH another book about someone talking about how he got to where he was at?" I said WTH bought the electronic version and I was blown away. NOW this is what I needed to hear! No nonsense B.S. I am just sick and tired of beging sick and tired. By far the best book I have read on success and being a former Amway distributor for 5 years I was burned out on that model.

I have a lot of catching up to do. I have retired from WorldofWarcraft my level 90 Rogue had enough of building rep and farmming for hours to get a bauble. The pandas have shown me the enlightend way and I tend to my vegtable garden now.

The threads are highly interesting and the content more mature.
The book has definitely lit my fire and I look forward to more insights from the experienced members. My only question is how come I only heard of this book just 3 months ago? :)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Great post but I still didn't get one thing: did you learn, or did you make money? Or did you make money learning?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Great post but I still didn't get one thing: did you learn, or did you make money? Or did you make money learning?

He made ONE MILLLLLLEOOOONE DOLLAAAAAARS.

36465d1294980782-drove-off-gas-pump-nozzle-mike_myers_as_dr_evil_in_austin_powers.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
LOL. I see I haven't ceased used of my favorite moniker.

Marked Gold.

Ajay2390

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Jan 27, 2014
London, UK
This Thread Is On Point!

I've only been on this Forum for 3 Months, i have learned an unbelievable amount and made me a totally different person. To be frank, the information given here can be so overwhelming but makes you stronger. As i found out, even asking simple questions are addressed quickly and abrupt with "Google is Your Friend". Its conditioning you! But you still grow some balls, learn and then apply!

One must act on an Idea and EXECUTE Like No Other!....How tho??

GET OFF YA a$$ AND TAKE ACTION!

Obviously it doesnt stop there but it got my ball rolling.

Thanks for this awesome thread @wade1mil

Rep Transferred bro!!

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Ps. For someone that plays pro ball you have very good grammar. Just thought you should know...

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Nice post! :)

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
I’ve literally told myself, “SHUT THE F&*% UP” so that I can actually soak up the advice people give me. It’s not until you admit you don’t know how to do something that you can start understanding how it’s done.
This is exactly where I am at and for the same reason. Thanks @JackEdwards !

From being on this forum I've noticed little changes. Most recent one I've noticed is paying that extra money to get a book shipped faster. Is it really worth saving 4 bucks to wait 4 days extra to get some information?

Last edited by a moderator:

timmy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 29, 2013
Ireland
Whenever I recommend MJ 's book, I validate it by insisting people read this thread alone.I think perhaps it resonates with most people as most people think they have a good grasp on business matters. Well done and thanks for all that information.

dreamer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Apr 1, 2012
California
(continued...)

When you have some down time, you need to read the posts from the top members of this forum. Go down to the bottom of the home page and look at the names under the “Members TOP SPEED Reputations” list. Click on each of their names (and MJDeMarco) and then click on the “Find Latest Started Threads” link on the left side of their profile.

Did this get moved somewhere? I'm interested but I don't see it listed at the bottom of the page anywhere, thanks guys!

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
I remember when I decided I wanted to become an entrepreneur like a year ago, and I had NOT A BLOODY CLUE WHAT I WAS DOING. NOT A BLOODY CLUE!!!!
To be honest, I kind of hate how that was a year ago and I really haven't accomplished anything until recently, past few months anyways. I was in limbo because I didn't have a clear idea and business plan. But once I had a plan that was so clear and got me so fired up that I felt I would be betraying Mother Nature if I didn't carry it out, wantrepreneur days were like the Jurassic period; long gone.
I found some mentors who I really looked up to, and learned from them.
Also, thinking about the consequences of giving up my dream motivated me a lot.
The fact is, I have the option to throw all my ambitions away and just settle for something I would kind of be okay with.
Now I'm sure everyone who's on this forum resonates "kind-of okay" with downright debauchery.

If you ever are having trouble being motivated, just think "what if I was to quit now, what would my life look like?"

Kreedos Phoenix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Nov 30, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Some Threads Should Be Required To Read
Snowbank made a post a long time ago about getting free mentoring on this forum. When you have some down time, you need to read the posts from the top members of this forum. Go down to the bottom of the home page and look at the names under the “Members TOP SPEED Reputations” list. Click on each of their names (and MJDeMarco) and then click on the “Find Latest Started Threads” link on the left side of their profile. Read each one of these posts because there is a ton of information available. A lot of it won’t apply to you, but some of it will and you’ll get an adrenaline rush.

And this is one of them. Very thorough read. I've actually been reading quite a few of the older threads, soaking up as much game as possible as I venture off into this new year full steam ahead.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

alfonso

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 26, 2015
new york
(continued...)

You Are The Only Person Who Can Get You Where You Want To Go
I’m calling myself out here. Don’t know why. Don’t care. Maybe this will help somebody. I (unknowingly) came to this forum as a hardcore wantrepreneur. I had some ideas, but had no clue where to start. Last year, two members – Kung Fu Steve (hiyaaa!) and JackEdwards – kindly offered to help me out. We talked a little bit about some things I could do and some steps I could take. When Jack and I were talking about one business idea in particular, he threw out a very large number - $500 million annually. I called some people and did some research, but that’s when the wantrepreneur in me kicked in. I wanted to talk to successful entrepreneurs about business, but when it came down to it, I was all talk. Sorry for having wasted your time gentlemen, but it was necessary for me to take the step from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur. Listen, somebody can lead you in the right direction, but you’re the only one that can do anything about it. Nobody is going to do it for you. You have to do it yourself. Vigilante posted about how sometimes we make things way harder than they actually are. It's very encouraging for those that are scared to take the next step.

Instead Of Turning $8.13 Into $1 Million, Start With $100
Thanks to Biophase’s post, I’ve only recently adopted this mindset. There isn’t a person registered on this forum that wouldn’t want to make (possibly another) $1 million. A lot of people (including myself) have said they want to go from nothing to millions in a year, or by a certain age or whatever. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make $1 million in a year. The problem is, if you haven’t made $100 from a business then maybe you should start there first. Or $1,000 or $10,000 or whatever your number is. Start with by walking a lap before you enter the Boston Marathon. When you hit your goal of $100, congratulations! Now make a new goal of $1,000. When you hit that goal, move on to $5,000, and then $10,000 and so on until you hit $1 million. There is a great side effect to this way of thinking that Biophase pointed out and that is you give yourself more opportunity. If your goal is to make $1 million, you will look past a business selling, say, Ping-Pong balls because you think it could only make a few thousand a month. Guess what? A few thousand a month will help pay your bills and fund your million-dollar business venture. Figure out a way to become financially free making $3,000 selling Ping-Pong balls and you’ll have all the freedom to start any business you want. Thanks to ton of help from Vigilante and Biophase, I have been working on starting an online business for which my goal is making $1,000 by the end of August.

If You Want To Know Something Simple, Google Is Your Friend.
This forum is unlike most forums. A lot of new people will ask very basic questions like, “How do I start an online store?” You aren’t going to get good answers to questions like that. There are probably 500 million places you can find this answer. Start reading and you’ll find out how to start an online store. Ask well thought out questions to get well thought out answers.

Some Threads Should Be Required To Read
Snowbank made a post a long time ago about getting free mentoring on this forum. When you have some down time, you need to read the posts from the top members of this forum. Go down to the bottom of the home page and look at the names under the “Members TOP SPEED Reputations” list. Click on each of their names (and MJDeMarco) and then click on the “Find Latest Started Threads” link on the left side of their profile. Read each one of these posts because there is a ton of information available. A lot of it won’t apply to you, but some of it will and you’ll get an adrenaline rush.

It’s okay to make mistakes, say stupid things, whatever. It’s all part of learning. Hopefully these few things I’ve learned over the past year can help you get there faster. And thank you to everyone that has helped me get to where I am. Cheers!

Im a little late to the party but great thread, exactly how I'm coming to see things now after reading TMF . thanks

OzzieRob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
May 3, 2013
Perth, Australia
This thread and forum is pure GOLD.

Just the amount of time that some members take to write out a well thought post and create value at the same time is incredible.

I know i will grow to be a better person with threads like this and the TMF .

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
Thanks for this post, really looking forward to learn the same lessons you wrote down. I already know them by reading your post now - but it is a completely different thing to learn it by reminding yourself of those principles a couple times a week for a whole year.

MartinG

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Aug 22, 2015
Excellent post. Discovered this site a month ago after coming across the Fastlane Millionaire book. I am at a wantapreneur stage where I am constantly reading and learning but have little idea where and when to start on ideas. I suppose I am always searching for an answer whereas I should be focused on completing processes on initial ideas. Coming from an academic legal background, I suppose it is all I knew until recent endeavors

Onwards and upwards.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.