The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Makes a Successful Entrepreneur?

D

DeletedUser394

I found this article. Here's a summary if you don't want to read it all;

http://www.billda.com/what-makes-a-successful-entrepreneur

• Entrepreneurs are non-conformists. Being non-conformists, they are innately driven to differentiate from the status quo. They don’t listen when someone tells them something cannot be done.
  • Entrepreneurs are motivated by achievement rather than power or money. They set high goals that they can reach through application of their skills. They are more interested in creating something than getting rich (which ironically, sometimes is the result).
  • Entrepreneurs prefer to do new things, or to do familiar things in a different and better way. Entrepreneurs have a preference for innovation.
  • Entrepreneurs have high uncertainty tolerance. They are willing to accept that they cannot predict the future, but recognize that they can guide it through their actions.
Hope you guys enjoy it. :fastlane:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
  • Entrepreneurs have high uncertainty tolerance. They are willing to accept that they cannot predict the future, but recognize that they can guide it through their actions.

I like this one. Pretty much a key to being an entrepreneur is uncertainty tolerance. If you have none, you will always be looking back to security.

dbeck29

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Jan 4, 2008
great read although i disagree that entrepreneur's are not motivated by money. It might not be the sole motivation by money definitely has an influence.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Good find- no more parking for you! ++Rep

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

DeletedUser394

Good find- no more parking for you! ++Rep

Yes, I'm included in the club! I realized at the beginning that I was posting for the sole goal of increasing my rep.

After having read MJs blog about "A successful entrepreneurial premise", my attitude changed 360 degrees.

Thanks MJ and everyone else who plays a role in this great forum! I'm glad I'm doing my share. :smx9:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.