- Joined
- Dec 12, 2013
- Messages
- 29
Rep Bank
$370
$370
User Power: 228%
Before you go ahead and dismiss the title of this thread to be rudimentary, hear me out.
I'm curious to know your thoughts on what makes an effective startup CEO. What's the difference between an average CEO and a great CEO?
What are some important traits that define a great CEO? Let me first off state the traits that I think make a great CEO. They are decisive, tough, calm, resourceful, empathetic, and carry a strong emotional intelligence, etc. Agree/disagree?
Secondly, all entrepreneurs who start their own companies become CEOs- but does that really mean each and every entrepreneur has the ability to be a great CEO? I feel like there's a lot more to this topic.
Finally, where can one go to develop the skills to learn how to be a CEO? There are tons of resources and courses for those interested in becoming, say- a Project Manager, a Business Developer, a sales person, etc, but none really focus on CEO disciplines and practices. Ideally I'd like a course that goes over things like techniques, principles, personality, etc, of great CEOs and maybe even some case studies on successful CEOs and the attitude/personality they had while running their company.
On another note- how can a shy introvert become an effective CEO? It's difficult because there are individuals out there with big and loud personalities, and sometimes they can be intimidating. They'll talk over you, ignore you, and take others away from your presence- thereby creating a perception to others that you're not a leader nor have the ability to be CEO of your own company. This has happened far too many times in my life, and I despise it. I like having power and being able to lead others, but when some big mouth comes my way and talks over me- it absolutely makes me cringe. How can I overcome this?
I'm curious to know your thoughts on what makes an effective startup CEO. What's the difference between an average CEO and a great CEO?
What are some important traits that define a great CEO? Let me first off state the traits that I think make a great CEO. They are decisive, tough, calm, resourceful, empathetic, and carry a strong emotional intelligence, etc. Agree/disagree?
Secondly, all entrepreneurs who start their own companies become CEOs- but does that really mean each and every entrepreneur has the ability to be a great CEO? I feel like there's a lot more to this topic.
Finally, where can one go to develop the skills to learn how to be a CEO? There are tons of resources and courses for those interested in becoming, say- a Project Manager, a Business Developer, a sales person, etc, but none really focus on CEO disciplines and practices. Ideally I'd like a course that goes over things like techniques, principles, personality, etc, of great CEOs and maybe even some case studies on successful CEOs and the attitude/personality they had while running their company.
On another note- how can a shy introvert become an effective CEO? It's difficult because there are individuals out there with big and loud personalities, and sometimes they can be intimidating. They'll talk over you, ignore you, and take others away from your presence- thereby creating a perception to others that you're not a leader nor have the ability to be CEO of your own company. This has happened far too many times in my life, and I despise it. I like having power and being able to lead others, but when some big mouth comes my way and talks over me- it absolutely makes me cringe. How can I overcome this?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
