The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is the Most Secure Video Format?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kevin_Albany

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Feb 7, 2020
Hey, quick question.

We all know that piracy is a problem these days. You can easily spend weeks or months creating an online video course, for example, and soon after releasing it you find it's been pirated and uploaded to another channel or website, completely undercutting your goals and potential revenue.

While there is no fool-proof way to market video and audio courses, in your opinion what is the most secure method (i.e. the method that is most difficult to pirate or rip-off)

M

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlackSuperman

What Legacy Will You Leave Behind?
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
341%
Sep 6, 2020
United States
So when I was playing guitar during quarantine I came across a certain platform called RiffHard by John Browne from the band Monuments. I did try to research how to get all the videos from his platform to my computer's hard drive for ease but after many attempts, I could not find a way to download the videos.

I am no anti-piracy expert when it comes to securing your videos. But I wanted to give a starting point that can be expanded upon.
My experience with that particular site is:
1. You login and get taken to a Dashboard.
2. The Dashboard contains Lesson Categories.
3. The lesson categories contain videos that are embedded on the page.
4. When I try to find the source of the video, I find a URL/link that it's hosted on (a separate page).
5. That separate page is then only accessible by the owner/admin of the site.
This is one route you can use to make sure videos don't get pirated. Now I don't know if its foolproof, but from my research/experience, there was no "common" way of downloading the videos to my hard drive.

Kevin_Albany

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Feb 7, 2020
So when I was playing guitar during quarantine I came across a certain platform called RiffHard by John Browne from the band Monuments. I did try to research how to get all the videos from his platform to my computer's hard drive for ease but after many attempts, I could not find a way to download the videos.

I am no anti-piracy expert when it comes to securing your videos. But I wanted to give a starting point that can be expanded upon.
My experience with that particular site is:
1. You login and get taken to a Dashboard.
2. The Dashboard contains Lesson Categories.
3. The lesson categories contain videos that are embedded on the page.
4. When I try to find the source of the video, I find a URL/link that it's hosted on (a separate page).
5. That separate page is then only accessible by the owner/admin of the site.
This is one route you can use to make sure videos don't get pirated. Now I don't know if its foolproof, but from my research/experience, there was no "common" way of downloading the videos to my hard drive.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.