The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What is one thing you would say to your 18 year old self?

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
If you could travel in time to when you were 18, (I'm 18), what is one piece of advice you would give yourself?

In five years you will be the product of the many little actions you decide to make each day.

Pay attention to systems and human nature. You can get anything you stick to provided you aren't going against the laws of physics.

Vermilion

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 21, 2018
Somewhere
To first enjoy my life because it was so damn beautiful back then and so stress free and second, to take chances because I had so many of them but I was so F*cking blind to see them and it makes me angry. But things are different now. That's why I always remind myself every morning with this quote to stay on course - "What hurt more, the pain of hard work or pain of regret".

nickgraham1234

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Apr 16, 2019
California
To first enjoy my life because it was so damn beautiful back then and so stress free and second, to take chances because I had so many of them but I was so F*cking blind to see them and it makes me angry. But things are different now. That's why I always remind myself every morning with this quote to stay on course - "What hurt more, the pain of hard work or pain of regret".
adding this one to my quote list. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Lee H

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Aug 8, 2018
Wow. 30 years is a long time with a lot of lessons, but I would probably say something along the lines of:

Read Think and Grow Rich (MJs books weren't around back then!).
Learn to give before you take.
Provide value to the world.
Build assets.
Set goals.
Work hard every day to achieve them.
Have fun doing it.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Learn how to manage yourself and what makes you tick.

Pick something, ANYTHING, and move forward with it.

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
buy bitcoin.

belive in yourself and work steady and hard... i always lurked arround online marketing and entrepreneurship.. for years. 5-6-7 years? i did a few things here and a few things there but i didnt get great results because i 1. didnt belive it would work and because i didnt put in steady and hard work.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Build yourself up, become disciplined. Decide what process you need to follow to get where you want to go and work hard at it.

-Meditation to slowdown and become mindful & focused.
-Good diet and exercise to keep your body working efficiently.
-Study work habits to be able to get the most out of the time you invest working on something(Check out -'Deep Work' by Cal Newport.)
-Have good friends and hang out with them, humans are social animals. Also remember that bad influences do indeed influence you, so if your friends are being toxic inform them, and ask them to stop their toxic behavior, if they don't cut them off.

Last edited:

former

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jan 1, 2019
gwang-ju south korea
Wow. 30 years is a long time with a lot of lessons, but I would probably say something along the lines of:

Read Think and Grow Rich (MJs books weren't around back then!).
Learn to give before you take.
Provide value to the world.
Build assets.
Set goals.
Work hard every day to achieve them.
Have fun doing it.
what a good wise saying

Silverfox148

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 17, 2017
I had a lot of good things going for me at 18, I had the financial knowledge along with a crazy good work ethic, graduated 2nd in my high school class, had gotten a full ride to my state school, knew a lot of what society said was bullshit.

I heard the work hard , and all that stuff all my life. However, no one ever told me I had to be very deliberate about making things happen and to have solid goals and drive hard towards them, it was always work hard and let things happen on their own, trust in god/family it will all work out. This cost me big, in that I followed this a solid 12 years because it did bring results, and I excelled at the script due to my work ethic/hustle, but it left me feeling deeply unsatisfied and that's when I got into the self improvement sphere and started questioning.

If I could go back that's what I would tell myself, work hard yes but you also must be very deliberate about where/what you are driving towards and be ruthless about it. I can't go back in time on this, but I do tell this to my young son(7 years) old in terms he can understand, I also tell this to the younger guys I mentor who are open to it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.