The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think of this

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

AppleTree

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 27, 2023
1. I think you have too much text(especially in the beginning). You definitely need to have some photos as it's very hard to read huge chunks of text. On top of that, the text is usually in long paragraphs which make them look even more intimidating. Try also breaking up your paragraphs into sections.

2. Don't just have the same blue-pink gradient background. It looks a bit tacky and isn't great on the eyes. Pick just 1 neutral color as your background.

3. Change the styles of your text. It's all black right now and paired with the background is not super interesting to look. Near the end of the page, it actually becomes difficult to see what the text is saying since the text is blending in with the background.

4. You should have more CTA(Call to Action)s in your page. Right now it's a lot of text and only 1 CTA near the bottom(the Buy Now button). You need a lot more CTAs to get the user to take action.

5. For your bonus stuff, don't put the black box saying "You'll see what is here on the inside", you're trying to convince your potential customer to buy the program through the bonuses. Just show what the product is. Doing this black box will just make them have less trust and not be as interested.

6. Try to cut down and edit your copy. A lot of it can be shortened or phrased in a different way so it flows better.

Pain Brain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 19, 2023
I've just finished making my website: ReShape60 | fitness equipment for people in their 60s
What do you think? How can it be improved?
It is not good. Without you specifying what the hyper link is for, I could not tell what the site is about.

The site appears very unprofessional. In 3 seconds I should be able to tell exactly what you are trying to offer.

A few comments on the presentation:
Include a CTA at the top of your home/landing page
Include a background image that is relevant to your offer
Make your sentences brief
Font color and font size make for a hard read
There are no pattern interruptions on the page. Add some images
Get rid of the transitions or make their appearance subtle
The site length is way too long

It'd be better to go to envato market and pick out a high-ranking website relevant to you and use it. Or have a developer and/or designer make one for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
thanks for the advice

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
ok i have taken on some of your advice. you can click on the same link and see

Pain Brain

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Jul 19, 2023
ok i have taken on some of your advice. you can click on the same link and see
Looks slightly better but could use a lot more work.

Really make use of the width for the webpage. I tend to use 80rem max width for desktop resolutions in what will be a container for the content. So your text and image should occupy about 70-90% of the screen width inside the container.

Not sure if you can set fixed containers using Wix, but if you can't try to fit the content to 70-90% of the screen width. It won't look so barren with this change (you'll want to scale for mobile responsiveness).

I would decrease the box-shadow on the buttons. Instead give it a background color complimentary to your primary website color. That's good that you added a hover animation for the CTAs. Too many "BUY NOWS" though. Comes off as "salesy". You do not want to come across as a salesman.

The truck of text at the beginning should be shortened or placed in other pages for visitors wanting to see more. Make it simple. Use a single header at the beginning that describes your services/products. Then 1-2 brief sentences underneath to give a bit more detail. Then include a call-to-action. These three pieces of content should be seen without having to scroll or navigate the page.

Edit: Also a background image relevant to your offer would help. Should be right behind the header, 1-2 sentences and CTA.

Last edited:

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
208%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
I’m your guy - pushing 70 and work out daily. I see you’ve taken your site down to work on it, so I haven’t seen it yet. Kudos to you for jumping on the good advice you received.

The recommended changes are especially important for the demographic you’re trying to reach. Both eyesight and attention span can be in short supply at this point in life. Color and contrast win the day. I’m much more active than most, but the doddering old farts and mummers they show on so many commercials are laughable to me. They’re not a turn-off, I just can’t relate to them. And the other old folks don’t want to be reminded of their decline, so be careful with your graphics. They know they’re old and they know they’re fat, so that’s okay. Just don’t show any hint of “feeble”, and for God’s sake don’t use photos of old folks with huge empty grins that are so common.
I’d recommend portraying overweight people working out in front of a big a$$ TV. Like 80” minimum - remember, they can’t see shit. Old people are addicted to television, but park them in front of it and they’ll do anything as long as they don’t have to miss Wheel of Fortune. Do that and give them real facial expressions. Think about: create a geriatric “Peleton Girl” and you won’t have to advertise.

Please let us know when your site is back up; I look forward to seeing it!

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
I’m your guy - pushing 70 and work out daily. I see you’ve taken your site down to work on it, so I haven’t seen it yet. Kudos to you for jumping on the good advice you received.

The recommended changes are especially important for the demographic you’re trying to reach. Both eyesight and attention span can be in short supply at this point in life. Color and contrast win the day. I’m much more active than most, but the doddering old farts and mummers they show on so many commercials are laughable to me. They’re not a turn-off, I just can’t relate to them. And the other old folks don’t want to be reminded of their decline, so be careful with your graphics. They know they’re old and they know they’re fat, so that’s okay. Just don’t show any hint of “feeble”, and for God’s sake don’t use photos of old folks with huge empty grins that are so common.
I’d recommend portraying overweight people working out in front of a big a$$ TV. Like 80” minimum - remember, they can’t see shit. Old people are addicted to television, but park them in front of it and they’ll do anything as long as they don’t have to miss Wheel of Fortune. Do that and give them real facial expressions. Think about: create a geriatric “Peleton Girl” and you won’t have to advertise.

Do you want to get it for free to test it.

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023

I think that there might be an internet problem. I never took the site down. I'll give you a new link: ReShape60 | fitness equipment for people in their 60s

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
You're trying to make a website on your phone???

Also, what is it you're selling?

Here are some examples of sales pages to give you some ideas: 15 Great Sales Page Examples (And Why They Convert)
"You're trying to make a website on your phone???" no I never said that. "Also, what is it you're selling?" the site tells you. "Here are some examples of sales pages to give you some ideas: 15 Great Sales Page Examples (And Why They Convert)" I already did most of these.

Desolation Row

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2022
Austria
"You're trying to make a website on your phone???" no I never said that. "Also, what is it you're selling?" the site tells you.
I also think it would be a good thing if it were immediately clear what you are selling. At the moment it's somewhere at the bottom of the page.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.