The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think of rich born people?

Anything related to matters of the mind

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
Today I was having a conversation with the son of somebody very rich and
we did,maybe, the mistake of talking too loud about money/cars etc.
A bunch of random dudes in the room just started making hate comments on him, very dumb stuff, very evil.
This kid is only 18 by the way.

I was born in a poor country, in a not so rich family, but never ever thought about insulting somebody just because of that.

What is the mental process those dumb individuals go through to do something like that?
It's just envy? they are just dumb?
Let me know what you guys think, I am very upset.

Sorry again if I made some mistakes but English is not my mother language.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Royce2

y'all need jesus
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Dec 16, 2018
Washington State
I personally think that its a jealousy factor and envy. Imagine having your dad be rich and not having to experience what those kids experienced.

What happened is that those bad boys do not like that life is unfair and no way of determining in what situation you will be born. They should be informed that they have the possibility of having their future children have all the nice things too and no need to spread hate.

If I was there I would personally want to congratulate the parents.

JG17

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Oct 22, 2018
London, UK
I try not to care too much about things I can't control or influence, and what family you are born into is the most uncontrollable aspect of your life! Some people are lucky and are children to billionaire parents, never have to work a day in their life. Others aren't so lucky, and are born into third world countries where all they know is poverty and would trade their shoes for a good meal, if they had shoes in the first place.

I try to feel grateful for where I come from and what I have rather than think too much about other people and how much more than me they have.

Some people are born rich, some aren't. That's just how it is and there's no point in worrying about it. Focus on you.

That aside those kids are clearly jealous and most likely immature.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
I try not to care too much about things I can't control or influence, and what family you are born into is the most uncontrollable aspect of your life! Some people are lucky and are children to billionaire parents, never have to work a day in their life. Others aren't so lucky, and are born into third world countries where all they know is poverty and would trade their shoes for a good meal, if they had shoes in the first place.

I try to feel grateful for where I come from and what I have rather than think too much about other people and how much more than me they have.

Some people are born rich, some aren't. That's just how it is and there's no point in worrying about it. Focus on you.

That aside those kids are clearly jealous and most likely immature.

I wish they were kids, they are over 25 years old.
The whole situation is just pathetic because we are all studying German in a private class, and this kid is the youngest.
I personally like the kid.
He was able to sit home doing nothing, instead he moved to a foreign country and he's studying pretty good.

GabrielDC

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Nov 26, 2016
I personally think that its a jealousy factor and envy. Imagine having your dad be rich and not having to experience what those kids experienced.

What happened is that those bad boys do not like that life is unfair and no way of determining in what situation you will be born. They should be informed that they have the possibility of having their future children have all the nice things too and no need to spread hate.

If I was there I would personally want to congratulate the parents.
Those guys have kids too.. that's the point.
Can you imagine how their kids are gonna grow?
Hate the rich, always complain, be angry .

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Its great to be born rich, u can avoid a lot of wasted time, and go on to do great things at a younger age than most.
Or you can end up a spoiled piece of shit who doesn't appreciate what you have due to lack of perspective.

You can also be born poor and still be great cause you have the chance to experience pulling yourself up from the dirt into a greater life and knowing you damn well earned it.
Or you can end up being a sore loser who hates on others' success all your life and die a nobody.

Either way its on you.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
My children will be born with nothing. They will have to earn my trust to access the wealth I intend to leave them.

Kevin O’Leary flys his kids coach even though he is on a private jet. It costs him nothing to let his kids take up an empty seat. When asked why he does this, he responds, “I have money, they don’t.”

Last edited:

Telamon25346

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Dec 13, 2017
Dallas, Texas
for some background, I was born in Zambia, my mother and father struggled but my father managed to move us to the United States after a few years, He established a tax consulting company, and just now he's trying to establish a freight broker & head into real estate.

I've watched the whole journey for both my parents, I remember as a kid my mother didn't have a car so we walked everywhere, and I would meet a lot of people in the town. there was a lot of poor people back home, but the community was SO nice. for what we didn't have, we made up for it with our friendship.

when I moved to the US, I noticed something different. In my opinion, we definitely moved out of the lower class into the upper-middle class. the people in the area we live in live a very different life than the one I grew up in, they drive the newest Porsches and Mercedes, etc. a lot of The seniors in my grade's parents are business owners, real estate investors, etc.

and the thing is, the children don't seem to really appreciate the hard work their parents have set for them. Sure, they know the value of the designer clothes they wear and such, but It seems to me like they take it for granted.

I guess that's why most people get mad, For me, I just learned to appreciate the hard work of others, but to others born in unfortunate situations, it's easy to get angry and jealous at others with a different circumstance. A lot of people in the Dallas area say that the area we live in is "in a bubble" and that the children here are spoiled and sheltered, etc. in fact there were lots of fights between people from our schools and other schools in recent years, and our school has gotten vandalized a couple of times because of jealousy.

It all seems like a waste of time to me. Because it doesn't really matter what cards life gives you, it's about the hands we play. A lot of rich born people may die with bad health, no friends, and bad health. and a lot of unfortunate born people may end up living a life filled with close friends, hard work, and lots of wealth. stop caring about what others are doing, make your life something that you want.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
I see it all the time in my sport. Personally, my mind is on other things but as the young people say nowadays.... haters gonna hate. Hopefully he let it go and has forgot all about it by now.

It's not something that just happens to people that are born in to money. When I first started making a lot of money, my family treated me like an outsider. For the first few years I tried buying them back.... my sister needs a car, I bought her a car. My other sister's husband died so I paid off her house. My other sister went in to the hospital so I paid off her van.... all kinds of stuff like that. Then I stopped doing that and instead, I offered to go in to business with them or teach them how to make money. This is some how when it all changed..... they stopped treating me like an outsider but only my sister that I paid off her van took my help. Sad thing is, even she still won't do things exactly as I tell her so she isn't making near as much as she could be making. I don't hound any of them, I just offer my help if they want it. Theses days they never talk about money to me because they know I'll offer to set them up in a business. I actually have some friends who had money long before I did and it was weird, once I started having a lot of money and being open to going in to side businesses with them (they usually talked about this for years before I had money), they started treating me worse than when I didn't have money. It was like they don't like seeing too many people have money. It has been a few years since I have spoke with any of them..... not sure why. It's always something.... he will encounter silly things such as those guys all his life.

SquatchMan

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
383%
Dec 27, 2016
Nowhere
What is the mental process those dumb individuals go through to do something like that?
It's just envy? they are just dumb?
Let me know what you guys think, I am very upset.

Yeah, I've had similar stuff happen too.

I don't concern myself with why they're so angry about something that has nothing to do with them.

I just smile, nod, and keep working toward my goal. No point wasting mental energy on it.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Jealousy, in a way, but also a sad psychological heist the persecutors are pulling on themselves.

To clarify: people aren't really "rich" or "poor." They're people, and either "have" or "don't have" income-security, food, clothing, shelter, goods, assets.

Look at the language people use: "I'm poor; that guy's rich." Saying "we haven't figured out how to produce a lot of valuable goods and make a bunch of money" would be more accurate, but two words is easier. Once defined as "I'm poor," (a "type" of person) it's easy to think that someone with assets is "a different kind of person." Us versus them.

There is a persistent idea that wealth comes from taking things away from other people -- employees, homeless people, and orphans. It's the fallacy Marx built his career on, and it works because people misunderstand wealth and capital. They believe in a zero-sum world with a set amount of value, unaffected by production. To them, if one person has more than another, it is because they took it away.

There are a number of think tanks in the US selling the same idea, every day, for political benefit or to benefit their sponsors. It's a persistent and sad set of misconceptions.

That idea deepens the divide between people with assets and people without. It reinforces an avoid-response in some people who define themselves as "poor" or even just "working class." Their reaction to your classmate almost guarantees that they can not gain wealth themselves... what can they do, become "rich" and then hate themselves? They are avoiding wealth, even to the point of directing disgust and aggression toward it.

Why is that guy rich and I'm not? I'm better at algebra! He must be taking advantage of people somehow. So, jealousy mixed with mistrust mixed with confusion mixed with wealth-avoidance. That's probably what you saw.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
My children will be born with nothing. They will have to earn my trust to access the wealth I intend to leave them.

Kevin O’Leary flys his kids coach even though he is on a private jet. It costs him nothing to let his kids take up an empty seat. When asked why he does this, he responds, “I have money, they don’t.”
The only thing I'd want to truly inherit from my dad are tales of his experiences and lessons in life.

Although the worlds we both grew up in differ, and we sometimes clash in opinion, I recognise that some things he know are evergreen.

One example was the importance of following up people. Here and there in the day, he would just give a few minutes' worth of a call to someone. He never always talked about business, but something mundane like,'What's the best place to take you out for dinner next time?'

That way, he's maintained a respectable network of folks to go to for stuff.

Another reason why I would like to inherit his wisdom and knowledge is that i should be able to complete the missing gaps, if any.

The networking approach above does not take into account how you filter the worst of the folks as time goes by, so he ended up doing favours for people that lost him time and money. Losing time and money is a part of life, but I'd like to reduce the occurrences.

D

Deleted50669

Its great to be born rich, u can avoid a lot of wasted time, and go on to do great things at a younger age than most.
Or you can end up a spoiled piece of sh*t who doesn't appreciate what you have due to lack of perspective.

You can also be born poor and still be great cause you have the chance to experience pulling yourself up from the dirt into a greater life and knowing you damn well earned it.
Or you can end up being a sore loser who hates on others' success all your life and die a nobody.

Either way its on you.
That's the best answer to that I've seen.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.