The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do you think about this idea ?

Idea threads

Lusches

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 13, 2009
Germany
Hi,

What do you think about my idea ?

There is a website on the internet which teaches other people how to play some music-pieces on music-instruments. This course doesn't teach the customers, how they can play using sheet-music.

Does it really make sense to lern 3-4 Piano-Pieces note after note shown on a video ?
What do I want to do ? I want to create a website that teaches the customers how they can lern to play sheetmusic, so they can play every song for which sheet-music is available.

What do you think ?
Can this be fastlane ?

Thanks,
Lusches :smxF:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dkt91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Aug 15, 2008
Lima, Peru
Commandmend of Need

I cannot really say anything about this, as I am not much into playing music actively. I think you might be able to assess this point in a better way. The existence of competition is usually a strong indicator for an existing need. This one might help you.

Commandment of Entry

Your idea does not sound unhumanly difficult to put into practice, although certainly not everyone can start a business like this, as it requires knowledge at several ends such as music, video production and internet marketing.

Commandment of Control

You'd call the shots and definitly control your business - as always when dealing with music, however, you should make sure that everything you do is permitted by law or soon the music industry will control the way you take and it might lead you directly into being sued by them for unauthorized usage of their intellectual property.

Commandment of Scale

You'd probably start by targetting an audience that speaks the same language - in your case most likely either English or German. If the need proves to be existent, I think you could fairly easily port the idea to audiences that speak other languages as well, i.e. target a worldwide customer base. If the need exists, scalability is definitly given.

Commandment of Time

Whether you teach 1, 10, 100, 1000 or 10000 people how to play a specific score, you record the video only once and the effort stays the same.

I think your idea can indeed be fastlane if your decide to make it reality. At the same time, however, you should not only focus on building a fastlane business but also on building an outstanding one that your customers will learn to love.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.