- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
I hang around here because I like the people, and while I don't have a business, I do work hard on creating content for youtube. A ton of you have been very supportive and actually understand the money that can be acquired off of it. It's not just money though, it's more about just accomplishing my goal of getting noticed.
I, at times, resent my audience.
My main thing is comedy, and I love it, I really do... but sometimes you just want to switch it up a bit. When I do switch things up (like a different game but with my same funny routine) people act like I'm a sellout or trying to pull one over on them.
See, I have 2 channels now. One for live action, one for gaming. I enjoy both of them but the fulfillment I feel fluctuates really bad.
I look back at my "work", and people simply love it (well, my crowd does, that's why they watch me, probably not everyone, lol) and it makes me really happy. There are just times where I want to express myself but the problem I run into is
A. Doing it on the same channel is dumb. I'd acquire subscribers from 2 opposite usergroups and my views would suffer, considering how cut up the subscribers would be.
B. As Tyler Perry said - you have one seed and water it. Don't have plenty of seeds and only pour a small amount of water onto each one, they won't grow till their full potential.
So that's it really - The need for me to express myself and create more work is there. I'm not all over the place, I'm consistent, but I also fear introducing something new or working on multiple channels because it seems smarter putting all of your time into one.
I have 3,000 subs now. Am I too late in the game to try something new or would starting a new channel be better? OR.... should I just sacrifice the other content I want to do and stick with what I've been doing now.
I, at times, resent my audience.
My main thing is comedy, and I love it, I really do... but sometimes you just want to switch it up a bit. When I do switch things up (like a different game but with my same funny routine) people act like I'm a sellout or trying to pull one over on them.
See, I have 2 channels now. One for live action, one for gaming. I enjoy both of them but the fulfillment I feel fluctuates really bad.
I look back at my "work", and people simply love it (well, my crowd does, that's why they watch me, probably not everyone, lol) and it makes me really happy. There are just times where I want to express myself but the problem I run into is
A. Doing it on the same channel is dumb. I'd acquire subscribers from 2 opposite usergroups and my views would suffer, considering how cut up the subscribers would be.
B. As Tyler Perry said - you have one seed and water it. Don't have plenty of seeds and only pour a small amount of water onto each one, they won't grow till their full potential.
So that's it really - The need for me to express myself and create more work is there. I'm not all over the place, I'm consistent, but I also fear introducing something new or working on multiple channels because it seems smarter putting all of your time into one.
I have 3,000 subs now. Am I too late in the game to try something new or would starting a new channel be better? OR.... should I just sacrifice the other content I want to do and stick with what I've been doing now.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
