The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What do all successful people have in Common

reipro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
This is a question that we used to ask in all of the groups that we have ever worked with. What do all successful people have in common?

There is one answer that comes up over and over again. It is the one theme that we all have in common. We have all taken ACTION!

Make sure that the steps you are taking are action steps not just busy work that many people call action.

You will hear me talk about this over and over again as it is the one and only thing that will make you successful. The checks will not fall in your lap you have to go out and get them.

Some examples would be:

I read the posts on this board. That is not action that is busy work. Action is using what you learn here to make money.

I talked to a realtor. That is not action. Action is going and looking at potential deals with the realtor and writing offers on the prospects.

I talked to a mentor. That is not action. Did he/she give you actual steps to follow to make money? More important did you do them????? Or did you just think about them.

This post is meant to be a call to ACTION. It is meant to get you thinking about are you taking action or just making busy work. It is meant to get you outside your comfort zone!!!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

randallg99

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
there is one more thing I would elaborate... not only is action taking a purposeful step towards success, but diligent, hard work with a deliberate plan is a very common trait among successful people.

true that action is required and action consists of networking, talking, meeting, looking and writing offers but successful people will make many attempts to do all of the above as much as possible...

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
The checks will not fall in your lap you have to go out and get them.

This post is meant to be a call to ACTION. It is meant to get you thinking about are you taking action or just making busy work. It is meant to get you outside your comfort zone!!!!!

REIPRO, you're right on target. A call to ACTION!?! Right on! Everyone should start a revolution of some sort. Afterall, the true entrepreneur spirit calls for seizing opportunities.

It is often said that those who risk the most reap the greatest returns. As no suprise, it takes ACTION to actually get something DONE. Thanks for the inspiration, because most of us need a little nudge and a reminder every now and then.

One thing I want to add, though, is that action by itself can also be dangerous. So, it's important for someone to know where they stand within their own learning curve (i.e. a newbie w/o much knowledge would be foolish to go site seeing with a Realtor, especially if they started making offers without being well educated). Of course, there is always a learning curve, so it's important to have the basics covered first. Sure, someone can learn by trial and error, but that can also be costly as many inexperienced REI have learned during the recent slowdown. Anyway, I get the gist of what you're trying to say, and I agree that ACTION needs to be taken!

Great post and you've got some speed going your way.

reipro

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Sep 27, 2007
Lincoln, NE
I would agree that there is more than ACTION! I just want to make sure people do not confuse ACTION with busy work. Please do your due dillegence, but once it is done do something with it!

Neon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jan 22, 2011
I would also say FOCUS.

Lots of people take action all day long on 50 different ideas, spin their wheels doing busy work and then scrap it all and start over. They are certainly busy, but never see success.

The key is to focus on one plan, take action relentlessly and see it through to completion. Success often comes right after everything seems hopeless. I suspect that's because 99% of people who've made it to that point previously gave up.

ClintonSkakun

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 26, 2011
D
Action seems to be it. Mixed with Focus and Determination. You don't see too many determined people sitting on the couch watching "Friends" re-runs.

Bozigian

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Oct 13, 2010
I would say determination.

Does it take determination to make 1 billion?
E.g. Bill Gates and Microsoft. Warren and Stocks

Olympic Athletes, does it take determination for them to make it every 4 years?

Bruce Lee, did it take Bruce determination to achieve the body everyone wants?

Rickson9

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Sep 4, 2010
Canada
All successful individuals have a certain type of mindset depending on their specialty and I would say that these specific functions of the mind are governed by electro-chemical reactions, which are in turn governed by genetics.

All of which is governed by fortunate happenstance.

Best regards.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.