The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What could make your mornings better?

Gold777

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Nov 3, 2011
What could motivate you in the morning, and promote having a healthier, better, and more energized day? Something out of the norm that you usually don't do, but maybe have been meaning to do or think you could benefit from.

Soothing music?
A special kind of food?
Meditation?

All of the above? Or something else?

Thoughts please, thank you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Eye drops. In fact, I'm gonna go get some.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
This is probably cheesy and won't contribute to any business idea, but...

I could get 3 hours of sleep, but when my three year old niece or five year old nephew jump on my bed when I stay at their house, it's the best thing ever.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
A good 5 figure customer in my inbox every morning.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
I don't know about healthy but for motivation to get out of bed I thought about making a "war zone" alarm clock. Nothing gets you going in the morning like a car bomb or a few rockets.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
- A glass of water upon waking helps wake you up very quickly
- Put your alarm on the other side of the room and tell yourself you will not get back in bed when you turn it off
- Supposedly a spoonful of almond or peanut butter right before bed helps level your blood sugar making waking easier. I've had mixed results.
- A B-Complex vitamin right before bed helps wake me up VERY effectively, especially if I've been drinking the night before. No idea how it affects quality of sleep but if you've been drinking and/or want to wake up early and alert, try it.
- Set the coffee maker to make coffee 5-10 minutes before your alarm goes off. The smell of the stuff in the morning is like a siren's song.

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
- Today woke up 30 mins earlier (6:00) to listen 30 mins of Think and Grow Rich audiobook. Loved it.
- Reading my goals before starting my day.

I could get 3 hours of sleep, but when my three year old niece or five year old nephew jump on my bed when I stay at their house, it's the best thing ever.

Yeah! Love that part of the Sundays when they (2 and 5 years old) do that.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
I really like the idea of listening to a few minutes of an audiobook in the morning. Will definitely try this out tomorrow morning.

Also like the idea of setting the coffee maker up before your alarm goes off, but dont have one right now. Will try this is out as soon as I have more money available to buy one.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Will try this is out as soon as I have more money available to buy one.

No need for an expensive one - I saw one on sales for $25 at a grocery store just last week. If it has a timer and claims to make coffee, you're set :)

Layna

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 29, 2012
I'm not a morning person at all, but what helps me is so simple it's stupid. I'm also not good at sticking to a schedule, but if I give myself 15 minutes to think through what I want for the day, like the outcomes and how I'll feel if I get what I want instead of just scrambling into the grind it makes my morning a lot easier and I get more done.

Other than that, I second toddlers on the bed. Or a kitten if you don't have nieces / nephews on demand. :D

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Something new you are excited about. Think kid on xmas morning. Find that and you'll be rich.

CTamme

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
51%
Sep 27, 2012
QC, Iowa
No need for an expensive one - I saw one on sales for $25 at a grocery store just last week. If it has a timer and claims to make coffee, you're set :)

Yeah almost every coffe maker you can buy has a brew time setting. I used to use mine all the time when I ran in the morning.

I have even seen coffe makers you can set to brew with your cell phone.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I should get a dog that exists for the sole purpose of getting me out of bed in the morning. A few years ago, my family had a dog that would sleep in my room. When it was time to wake up (6 am), he'd bother me by hitting me in the face with his paw until I got up. I never overslept.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I have a lazy a$$ dog that wants me to sleep all day with it.

theDarkness

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Jul 11, 2012
-chug a glass of water
-great bowl of oatmeal
-fantastic cup of coffee

My morning ritual is one of my favorite things. I wake up thirsty as hell, so the water is incredibly refreshing. I love oatmeal so much I could have it for every meal (and sometimes did in college). I like to put all kinds of fruit in it. And then the coffee . . . oh, the coffee.

I used to listen to "Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls" by GYBE first thing every morning as I'd work, and something about that song regularly sent me into straight Nirvana, especially if I sipped my coffee during it.

I used to run too, and that was blissful, but nowadays I do that at other times in the day (right after lunch being my favorite). I don't like to risk being a mile from home when the old tummy decides it's time for the morning dump. :nono: Sometimes I wonder how long-distance runners deal with this. Do they make diapers for running? lol.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I have a lazy a$$ dog that wants me to sleep all day with it.

That would happen to me. I'd end up getting a fatass mastiff that drools and sleeps all day.

Or my family's current dog who is so lazy she can't even jump. Like, I don't know if she's physically unable, she just... refuses to jump. Even for a piece of steak.

halfstepdown88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
698%
Apr 21, 2012
Las Vegas
Drink water right when I wake up.
Then I down 2-3 raw eggs (healthy a$$ ones from healthy birds), maybe some almonds.
Exercise for 30 min to 1 hour, even if that means walking to the store and back. (this is huge for me)
Meditate
Drink green tea and go at my day.

Interesting because I actually just listened to some of Eben Pagan's "Wake Up Productive" stuff and he does something very similar.
He drinks half liter of water right when he wakes up.
Brushes his teeth.
Exercises for 30 minutes
Takes a bath with essential oils
Breathes in steam from a pot for a few min
Uses a netti pot to clear his sinuses
Breathes (meditates) for 5-10 minutes
Takes a few deep breaths afterwards for oxygen
Eats a healthy meal (blueberry shake with flaxseed, brown rice protein, hemp seeds, etc).

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
My morning breakfast is yogurt, granola and frozen berries. Eat it every single day, have been for the past few months, not tired of it at all. I love it.

Sometimes I switch up the yogurt flavors or the types of berries. Always get the same honey-almond granola though. Generic store brand.

The yogurt I get is not the most healthy but I'm on a $40/week budget. Greek yogurt is unfortunately out of the question.

I need more things for my morning routine. Exercise, morning stroll, maybe a book?

vtlambo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Mar 10, 2012
Not sure if it's the greatest thing to think about but I wake up thinking how much money I can make that day. A challenge to myself daily I suppose.

So far it's been working. My most recent business is netting 7 figures in a matter of less than 12 months. I guess you could say I consider it a game.

miked_d

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Dec 25, 2008
Los Angeles
I mentioned how kittens are terrible at time keeping. There was a time for about 3 months that my cat would wake me at 7 am every morning. I would always feed him when I woke up so he was persistent. I stopped setting my alarm (my start time was flexible).

His timing was off when the seasons changed so I had to go back to the clock.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
Setting time back every time it was time to get up!

My morning would be better if I didn't have to sit on an ice cold toilet seat.

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
It would be for me to wake up to a hot boyfriend who truly loves me (too bad in reality that guy has age horrible in my pic!!!), he would love me to the point of obsession, and he would had bought me McDonald pancakes. Then we'll talk about bullcrap that only we both understand. Then we might spend the whole morning playing some video games.

11.jpg

mcdonalds-pancake.jpg

20080905-videogames.jpg

BrucetonGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Sep 28, 2011
dennys.jpg

Nothing like a "Moon Over My Hammy" Mmmmmmm....
On a side note, I would only recommend eating here like once every two months otherwise you will be needing this....

jenny-craig-logo.jpg

Barry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 27, 2011
Jamaica
I should get a dog that exists for the sole purpose of getting me out of bed in the morning. A few years ago, my family had a dog that would sleep in my room. When it was time to wake up (6 am), he'd bother me by hitting me in the face with his paw until I got up. I never overslept.

This! My sister has a shih-tzu and EVERY SINGLE MORNING! She comes to my room put her paws up on the bed where my head is and make this little sound (a crying sound) for attention if that doesn't work she barks and barks and barks and if I turn and look at her she jumps on the bed. Then I wake and drink a tall glass of water to get the blood flowing and I'm set or take a shower to tap it off

prime

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 16, 2012
Vienna, Virginia
Having a morning ritual. I use to have one, but I strayed from it for about a month or two. Planning to get back on it this week.

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
Guys the question is "What could make your mornings better?"

And not "What you do when you wake up?"

Anyway I'm not a morning person so if you find out a way to wake up better I will appreciate. I'm usually very cranky, it takes a while for me to get out of bed and the first thing is a shower. I'm kind of lazy and not hungry. Unless if somebody makes breakfast I don't make anything.

I have to change those habits.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.