The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Business is Flourishing in The western/European country that i can startup in Africa (Nigeria)

Idea threads

Banny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 1, 2023
Hello everyone, sorry if the title sounds somehow. but here a Africa, Precisely in Nigeria been a developing country, there is alot of untapped opportunities and market, but i can't still figure out how i can tap this market, and which business i should venture in... Im 23, i have saved up a little money and i want to use the money to start up a business, but I'm afraid, because i don't want to lose my money to a fruitless business.. Its my last money, and i have struggled to save this much.. I just want to get a broad view of what kind of businesses the western and European country are doing, like new ideas. that i can start here in Nigeria.... I just heard of Laundromat business. We don't have that kind of business here, and i have been thinking about it... So something like this,a type of business, either online or physical in the western on europe country, that you think isn't in Africa yet. So i can tap the market here, and startup

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Hello everyone, sorry if the title sounds somehow. but here a Africa, Precisely in Nigeria been a developing country, there is alot of untapped opportunities and market, but i can't still figure out how i can tap this market, and which business i should venture in... Im 23, i have saved up a little money and i want to use the money to start up a business, but I'm afraid, because i don't want to lose my money to a fruitless business.. Its my last money, and i have struggled to save this much.. I just want to get a broad view of what kind of businesses the western and European country are doing, like new ideas. that i can start here in Nigeria.... I just heard of Laundromat business. We don't have that kind of business here, and i have been thinking about it... So something like this,a type of business, either online or physical in the western on europe country, that you think isn't in Africa yet. So i can tap the market here, and startup
We had a few forum members that had good success a few years back importing products from Mexico to the United States. Are there any regional products in Nigeria that you can think of that would be worth exporting to the United States?

4gus

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jan 18, 2023
Here in Indonesia, laundromat business including franchise also booming like crazy, you can find one or two for every block even in small streets/ alleys.
If you're interested, give it a try. You only need to have washing machine, send out some flyers or post some sign and you're good to go. Provide additional services: iron, pickup, delivery. You can charge by weight or by piece or use monthly subscription.

Robdavis

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
I would reckon that if you want to start a business with very little money, that you could start some kind of maintenance business. So helping to maintain cars or household appliances or computers or a trade like painter and decorator or plumber. You'd need to develop the skill but then you wouldn't have a lot of startup costs. If people don't have washing machines, then a laundromat type business might be good, or a washing machine rental business.

Vigilante's idea of export is a good one and could be started with a fairly small amount of money.

Here in the west, the delivery industry is booming at the moment. So maybe if you could get access to a vehicle there might be demand to take people or items around in Nigeria.

You can also get ideas by asking what do your neighbours need? What do people in your town / city need?

Do a lot of people in Nigeria have fridges and freezers? Could you start a rental business for those?

I have never been to Africa so my knowledge of the area is poor.
I have heard that farmers in Africa lack high quality grain storage facilities. So that grain prices collapse around harvest time and then rise the rest of the year because it isn't easy to store grain year round. I don't know how difficult it is to store grain well or what the startup costs would be, but this might be something that is needed.

If your country has a lot of bureaucracy then you can learn how to navigate the system and then do people's paperwork for them. Once you get to know the local officials and the processes then you can become a fixer or a consultant, someone who can get things done.

I don't know if people need car cleaning or window cleaning in Nigeria, but they are practical options in the West.

If you find someone and help them, then you should be able to get paid for the help.

Last edited:

Banny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 1, 2023
We had a few forum members that had good success a few years back importing products from Mexico to the United States. Are there any regional products in Nigeria that you can think of that would be worth exporting to the United States?
Yeah, we produce Maize, Cassava, Guinea corn and yam in large qualities.... But i don't knw how import/export business works... Can someone start import/export with $500? And also, Are you into import and export?

Banny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 1, 2023
Here in Indonesia, laundromat business including franchise also booming like crazy, you can find one or two for every block even in small streets/ alleys.
If you're interested, give it a try. You only need to have washing machine, send out some flyers or post some sign and you're good to go. Provide additional services: iron, pickup, delivery. You can charge by weight or by piece or use monthly subscription.
Wow nice... Thanks for your contribution. I will carry out research about it, sorry one question. Are you into the Laundromat business? I would like to get some knowledge from you please.

Banny

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Apr 1, 2023
I would reckon that if you want to start a business with very little money, that you could start some kind of maintenance business. So helping to maintain cars or household appliances or computers or a trade like painter and decorator or plumber. You'd need to develop the skill but then you wouldn't have a lot of startup costs. If people don't have washing machines, then a laundromat type business might be good, or a washing machine rental business.

Vigilante's idea of export is a good one and could be started with a fairly small amount of money.

Here in the west, the delivery industry is booming at the moment. So maybe if you could get access to a vehicle there might be demand to take people or items around in Nigeria.

You can also get ideas by asking what do your neighbours need? What do people in your town / city need?

Do a lot of people in Nigeria have fridges and freezers? Could you start a rental business for those?

I have never been to Africa so my knowledge of the area is poor.
I have heard that farmers in Africa lack high quality grain storage facilities. So that grain prices collapse around harvest time and then rise the rest of the year because it isn't easy to store grain year round. I don't know how difficult it is to store grain well or what the startup costs would be, but this might be something that is needed.

If your country has a lot of bureaucracy then you can learn how to navigate the system and then do people's paperwork for them. Once you get to know the local officials and the processes then you can become a fixer or a consultant, someone who can get things done.

I don't know if people need car cleaning or window cleaning in Nigeria, but they are practical options in the West.

If you find someone and help them, then you should be able to get paid for the help.
Wow, this is alot.... Thanks man, My eyes are now open to opportunities around me

I really really appreciate your contribution

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.