Simple question. What courses have you taken? I don't care where they were -- high school, college, seminars, workshops.
What was the course about?
Did you find it useful?
Was it an interesting course?
What was your purpose for taking this course?
What were your feelings after taking this course?
Is this something you plan to outsource in the future?
What kind of learning was done (textbook, group work, projects, etc...)?
_______________________________________________________________
Post as much information as you'd like. I'm just interested in hearing about what kinds of courses are out there, and what people think of them.
So far, I've taken Intro to Business, Entrepreneurship, AP Economics, and, currently, Business Law. These were all high school courses.
Intro to Business was probably the most useful to the majority of the world and was something that I think every high school student should be required to take, but it really didn't provide much in the area of what would help you start a business.
Entrepreneurship provided a little more specific small business owner information, but it was still very basic. A lot of fun group work, though.
I took AP Economics last year. It was the first AP class I had ever taken (and my last), but I did pretty well in it. It was split up into micro- and macro-economics. I did much better during the macro half of the year, but that might've just been because I was more used to the class and its expectations at that point. Regardless, it was a very interesting class. I learned a very good amount from it, particularly on the macro side of things. It makes the news much more interesting because now I have a better understanding of what is going on. I'd recommend taking an economics course to anybody who hasn't done so.
Feel free to post even if it's been years since you took any type of course. It'd be interesting to see how courses have changed over the years.
What was the course about?
Did you find it useful?
Was it an interesting course?
What was your purpose for taking this course?
What were your feelings after taking this course?
Is this something you plan to outsource in the future?
What kind of learning was done (textbook, group work, projects, etc...)?
_______________________________________________________________
Post as much information as you'd like. I'm just interested in hearing about what kinds of courses are out there, and what people think of them.
So far, I've taken Intro to Business, Entrepreneurship, AP Economics, and, currently, Business Law. These were all high school courses.
Intro to Business was probably the most useful to the majority of the world and was something that I think every high school student should be required to take, but it really didn't provide much in the area of what would help you start a business.
Entrepreneurship provided a little more specific small business owner information, but it was still very basic. A lot of fun group work, though.
I took AP Economics last year. It was the first AP class I had ever taken (and my last), but I did pretty well in it. It was split up into micro- and macro-economics. I did much better during the macro half of the year, but that might've just been because I was more used to the class and its expectations at that point. Regardless, it was a very interesting class. I learned a very good amount from it, particularly on the macro side of things. It makes the news much more interesting because now I have a better understanding of what is going on. I'd recommend taking an economics course to anybody who hasn't done so.
Feel free to post even if it's been years since you took any type of course. It'd be interesting to see how courses have changed over the years.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
