The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What books have changed your life?

akshayazariah

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 24, 2023
Other than MJ'S books of course. What books on starting a business or business in general do you recommend?
Donald Miller's Building a StoryBrand is a must-read when it comes to marketing and branding. Solid, solid work.

Njogu Martin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 16, 2020
Kenya
Philosophy and business goes hand in hand.
Study philosophy books.
I suggest The way of a superior man by Deida.

Sirrom

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Dec 5, 2020
No Excuses - Brian Tracy
88 The Narrow Road - Felix Dennis !!!
Your brain on p*rn - Don’t remember the writer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

As of this past weekend, I was reading it. The idea of the book is being present at the moment and removing time from your analytical brain. The book covers a lot of topics, in a nutshell, it's being happy in the moment.

For example, for a while see myself thinking of how the past was more pleasant than where I am currently presently or thinking about the future. But by doing this you are creating misery for yourself and a split between now and the past or the future. This creates anxiety, anger, and sadness for yourself. It's sort of like controlling your brain instead of letting the brain control you.

It's been a hard adjustment for me and my brain. But I would recommend anyone to read this book. I'm still reading it.

Other books:
1. The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday.
2. Single on Purpose by John Kim.
3. Homecoming by Thema Bryant.
4. The GAP versus the GAIN by Benjarmin Hardy
5. Anything David Goggins.
6. Anything Andy Frisella (I freakin love his content, you can never go wrong with Andy Frisella).
7. Adult Children of Immature Parents.
8. Personality isn't Permanent by Benjarmin Hardy
9. What's in it for them by Joe Polish.
10. Undaunted by Kara Goldin (Shares the story of the creation of drinkhint.com)

Last edited:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Other than MJ'S books of course. What books on starting a business or business in general do you recommend?
Classics such as the lean start-up.

But I spent more time assembling information from diversified sources rather than books.

Most Books are inefficient in their design, most of them are just trying to illustrate a few points, and spent the other 95 percent of the words justifying why they are right.

If you want most recent informations books are not up to date. Best books are those that are timeless classics.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Classics such as the lean start-up.

But I spent more time assembling information from diversified sources rather than books.

Most Books are inefficient in their design, most of them are just trying to illustrate a few points, and spent the other 95 percent of the words justifying why they are right.

If you want most recent informations books are not up to date. Best books are those that are timeless classics.
I just bought that book.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.