The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What are you made of?

Anything related to matters of the mind
D

Deleted50669

What are you made of? I stood in the mirror for a while today pondering this. The answer determines if I act or continue to question everything, succeed or fail, live miserably or happily.

The past month I've done nothing but read, speculate, ask questions, and fear failure. Tonight I cut this bs off and took action. I bought a domain for a product website. I began researching sources for the product. I began researching SEO-optimized themes for an e-commerce layout. I began researching targeting strategies for the niche audience I'm planning to serve. I began researching what plugins will provide the best website functionality. I may never make a sale, but I ACTED. It feels like I broke through some unnamable barrier of fear and hesitation, and now I'm hurdling in a blank direction towards either success or learning (probably learning this time).

What are you made of? What doubts are demonizing your willingness to act? Let go of them and do... something. It doesn't matter what, just take a damn step.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Colton

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Aug 8, 2017
WA, USA
What are you made of? I stood in the mirror for a while today pondering this. The answer determines if I act or continue to question everything, succeed or fail, live miserably or happily.

The past month I've done nothing but read, speculate, ask questions, and fear failure. Tonight I cut this bs off and took action. I bought a domain for a product website. I began researching sources for the product. I began researching SEO-optimized themes for an e-commerce layout. I began researching targeting strategies for the niche audience I'm planning to serve. I began researching what plugins will provide the best website functionality. I may never make a sale, but I ACTED. It feels like I broke through some unnamable barrier of fear and hesitation, and now I'm hurdling in a blank direction towards either success or learning (probably learning this time).

What are you made of? What doubts are demonizing your willingness to act? Let go of them and do... something. It doesn't matter what, just take a damn step.
That sounds more like action faking than action taking.

Researching something isn't the same as taking action.

Buying a domain name is just like buying a gym membership. It may be a necessary part of the process but no results will come from it if you don't follow through. It's the act of going to the gym and forcing yourself to move more weight than last time- that's taking action.

Of course research and preparation are part of the process but don't confuse that with actions. Actions have actual consequences. Delivering value to somebody is an action, you affect their life.

This is something that I've really struggled with in the context of business, but I'm becoming more firm with myself and making sure that I couple my research and preparation with actions that actually get me closer to my goals, whether it's fitness, business, or whatever.

There's a quote that I saw on this forum which goes something like "An entrepreneur tends to bite off more that he can chew, hoping that he'll quickly learn how to chew it." That really stuck with me and has helped me to take a couple of small leaps when my over-analyzing mind was still trying to make excuses not to take action.

I'm just being straight with you here and calling it like I see it, since I really appreciate the honest input I got from you on my threads.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.