The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What Are You Doing?

ErictheRed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 13, 2017
Boston, MA
General plans here... please post what you guys are doing to build businesses, learn new skills, and achieve your financial freedom every day (whatever financial freedom means to you).

For me, I'm (1) Working a 9-5 sales job - for now - to learn how to build a business and sell, and (2) building an online resource for working professionals to stay physically fit using a certain business profit model.

From there, I intend to start my own company in 3-5 years. What are you guys doing to hustle each day? Thoughts please!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
- Working a '9-5' (flex hours) building e-learning courses and learning Javascript in the process
- Working outdoor sales outside of my 9-5 in an attempt to eliminate debt
- When I'm not being a dad/husband/son-in-law/any other hat, I'm working to design, improve, fashion a prototype, all while worrying my head off about patents, manufacturing, having a foreign country build the same exact thing and push it to market first, and the other inflated beasts which I haven't encountered that roam through my thought process

cat

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Aug 11, 2017
Detroit, MI
I have a busy photo studio where I am working on building a team beyond me. Simultaneously, I want to work on becoming an expert in my niche so I can grow an online training and coaching business through the experience and exposure.

There is a product I would love to create but right now I'm trying to figure out HOW to go about starting that. So tons of reading and research needed. I've read a few posts about selling online....ill read more.

I'm finishing up Unscripted and building a plan for the future. I know I have gotten comfortable with my decent income. I need to live more below my means and spend less. It's super tough with 2 teenagers! I was a single parent for so long and they made sacrifices along side of me - basic needs stuff, extra want stuff, my time....now that I have some flexibility in being able to be present more and the cash to pay for the extra x (typically sports, clothes and vacations) and with TIME ticking down so quickly before they are out of my daily life.....its tough to buckle down and work more.

So what am I doing about that? Cutting out my personal extras (nails, hair, gym membership I never go do....) working when they sleep and are in school, asking for help from family and friends when needed. I'm building my credit, using cash to move forward, investing in my business, investing in myself and pushing forward.

It's not easy. It's worth it though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ErictheRed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 13, 2017
Boston, MA
I have a busy photo studio where I am working on building a team beyond me. Simultaneously, I want to work on becoming an expert in my niche so I can grow an online training and coaching business through the experience and exposure.

There is a product I would love to create but right now I'm trying to figure out HOW to go about starting that. So tons of reading and research needed. I've read a few posts about selling online....ill read more.

I'm finishing up Unscripted and building a plan for the future. I know I have gotten comfortable with my decent income. I need to live more below my means and spend less. It's super tough with 2 teenagers! I was a single parent for so long and they made sacrifices along side of me - basic needs stuff, extra want stuff, my time....now that I have some flexibility in being able to be present more and the cash to pay for the extra x (typically sports, clothes and vacations) and with TIME ticking down so quickly before they are out of my daily life.....its tough to buckle down and work more.

So what am I doing about that? Cutting out my personal extras (nails, hair, gym membership I never go do....) working when they sleep and are in school, asking for help from family and friends when needed. I'm building my credit, using cash to move forward, investing in my business, investing in myself and pushing forward.

It's not easy. It's worth it though!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Wow! I give you mad props for what you're doing... it gives me motivation when I'm feeling lazy to work on my side business to know that you're out there grinding and working hard while supporting two teenagers at the same time. How do you sustain your energy?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ErictheRed

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 13, 2017
Boston, MA
- Working a '9-5' (flex hours) building e-learning courses and learning Javascript in the process
- Working outdoor sales outside of my 9-5 in an attempt to eliminate debt
- When I'm not being a dad/husband/son-in-law/any other hat, I'm working to design, improve, fashion a prototype, all while worrying my head off about patents, manufacturing, having a foreign country build the same exact thing and push it to market first, and the other inflated beasts which I haven't encountered that roam through my thought process
I have my law degree, am a licensed attorney, and have worked in a few firms (although no patent law experience). Nevertheless, feel free to ask for advice about patents - general legal advice is something I'm good at!

garyjsmith

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Jun 28, 2017
Northern VA
I have my law degree, am a licensed attorney, and have worked in a few firms (although no patent law experience). Nevertheless, feel free to ask for advice about patents - general legal advice is something I'm good at!

Thank you very much for the offer! I'll message you and we can set up a time for a call.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.