Shaw Caldwell
PARKED
- Joined
- Dec 8, 2018
- Messages
- 2
Rep Bank
$50
$50
Hey everyone!
My life story is pretty complicated so I'll stick to the significant parts.
I grew up all over rural Northern Midwest US. I started out school ambitious and intelligent, even in preschool I was excited and eager to make myself into a person I could be proud to be.
I only needed one example to learn what not to do, so in a matter of 2-3 years the wind was beaten right out of my sails. I stayed on the A honor roll anyway from osmotic learning until 11th and 12th grade, which I spent in a local community college. I was so burnt out and frustrated by that point, I barely ended up with a diploma.
I'm 22 now. I spent the 3 years after highschool accomplishing nothing and beating myself up for it. So I allowed myself to go pseudohomeless with nothing but a spacious vehicle and some basic food. I went to forests and campgrounds and did zen meditation and whatnot until starvation was on the table, at which point I parked near a seasonal job and got back on my feet.
The experience was every bit as rejuvenating as I had hoped. I was ambitious but not persistent, driven but not oriented, energetic but not disciplined. The experience hardened me and allowed me to undo what the resentful education system had done to me. It was exactly what I knew I needed. Now I'm balanced enough to be comfortable with any outcome and persistence, clarification, and discipline come easily.
Long term, I want to be a combined serial entrepreneur and angel investor (highly involved investor/manager in many socially valuable businesses). I'm particularly interested in health care, education for gifted kids and adults (and reintegrating them into society), trade schools, and some minor other things.
Short term, I need to learn about those things and get enough passive income to free my time up so I can start planning and directing the long term ventures.
I've been going through the forums here and the Digital Marketing Agency seemed particularly in line with my skill sets and goals. I'm learning and preparing for that now.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day
My life story is pretty complicated so I'll stick to the significant parts.
I grew up all over rural Northern Midwest US. I started out school ambitious and intelligent, even in preschool I was excited and eager to make myself into a person I could be proud to be.
I only needed one example to learn what not to do, so in a matter of 2-3 years the wind was beaten right out of my sails. I stayed on the A honor roll anyway from osmotic learning until 11th and 12th grade, which I spent in a local community college. I was so burnt out and frustrated by that point, I barely ended up with a diploma.
I'm 22 now. I spent the 3 years after highschool accomplishing nothing and beating myself up for it. So I allowed myself to go pseudohomeless with nothing but a spacious vehicle and some basic food. I went to forests and campgrounds and did zen meditation and whatnot until starvation was on the table, at which point I parked near a seasonal job and got back on my feet.
The experience was every bit as rejuvenating as I had hoped. I was ambitious but not persistent, driven but not oriented, energetic but not disciplined. The experience hardened me and allowed me to undo what the resentful education system had done to me. It was exactly what I knew I needed. Now I'm balanced enough to be comfortable with any outcome and persistence, clarification, and discipline come easily.
Long term, I want to be a combined serial entrepreneur and angel investor (highly involved investor/manager in many socially valuable businesses). I'm particularly interested in health care, education for gifted kids and adults (and reintegrating them into society), trade schools, and some minor other things.
Short term, I need to learn about those things and get enough passive income to free my time up so I can start planning and directing the long term ventures.
I've been going through the forums here and the Digital Marketing Agency seemed particularly in line with my skill sets and goals. I'm learning and preparing for that now.
Thanks for reading and have a nice day
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
