The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Weird allocation of placement on Facebook Ads?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Johan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Sep 11, 2014
Hi!

Started with Facebook Ads the other day and I´ve read a couple of blog articles on how to optimize it etc.

But I dont quite understand how all my placements are done through the "Audience Network" if you see my results on the picture. http://imgur.com/EdHGkzh

I'm using the "Increase Website Conversions" as Ad Method. But I would like it to spread out more evenly across the different placement sectors as (Mobile Feed, Desktop Feed & Instagram ) Now all the placements are done through the Audience Networks and it bugs me since all the placement sectors are checked.

Could someone explain this to me? I tried to uncheck the "Audience network" but then my conversion rate went down radically.

Thanks in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mazino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 9, 2015
Facebook's algorithm tends to prioritize that which produces the best results. You can run into similar problems if you run multiple ads in the same Ad Group, in which case FB will run some ads much more frequently than others. What I usually do is divide everything into separate Ad Groups/Campaigns. So, in your case, I'd create an Ad Group or Campaign just for Desktop ads, then create one just for Right Column ads, etc. That way you have full control over the traffic allocation, and it makes other things like split testing easier as well.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Yep...^^ What he said.

FB is optimizing your ad for the placements that are bringing you the best results so why complain?

If you want to run ads more evenly, then create separate adsets where you target only 1 thing and see which has the best results for you that way.

Johan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Sep 11, 2014
Alright, thanks for explaining that to me :) Will definitely try that to see which has the best ROI. :)

eekern

BOBA
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 21, 2015
Norway
it is like google adwords, I know reddit app (on android) shows facebook ads from the "audience network".

But your leads will be much more quality if you use news desktop and qualify the lead before they click..

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
Since this thread is related and I wouldn't have to start a new one, can anyone tell me the recommended facebook Ad for products? I am following @hughjasle 's advice and creating a shopify with a product I've imported(Arriving tomorrow finally!).

As I understand there are ad categories like "interaction and likes" and another one for impressions.
Which would you use if your process is simply 1. Show ad 2. When they click send them to website 3. Get the sale
The ad will be static although I see they have video ads, haven't read too much about those yet.

As an aside it is my first time doing this and I DO expect to fail. I'm hoping to break even though. Thanks for any advice guys and that awesome thread by hugh

edit: nevermind I looked at the ads, I'll be targeting users to get them to go to my website. Didn't realize there were so many categories

Last edited:

Mazino

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Sep 9, 2015
edit: nevermind I looked at the ads, I'll be targeting users to get them to go to my website. Didn't realize there were so many categories

Be sure to setup the Facebook Pixel and track conversions. Not only will this help you track the performance of different ads, but you can also switch to the Increase Conversions campaign objective once your pixel has tracked about 100 conversions.

BTW, I'd consider breaking even a huge success for you, but even if you don't, just consider it the cost of your education.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.