The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website Startup Ideas

Idea threads
D

Deleted21704

Your intro post was short on details, but you seem to be a developer. I come from that world. The developer mindset about starting companies is 100% wrong. Those that follow it and succeed are 100% lucky. I imagine you want to minimize luck's role in your success as much as possible, so:

Banish the term 'good idea' from your lexicon and replace it with 'acute problem'.

Read the GOLD around here and you'll see what I mean. Welcome :)

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
Yeah...that's not how it works around here...

You need to come up with your own idea, based on the needs you see around you or on the internet.

Good luck with the search. If you look around the forums, there are various ways people have suggested on how to find these needs.

OnlineGodfather

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Feb 4, 2013
hahaha this is actually amazing on how people come and just ask and with such short sentence, like its nothing :)

But here is the idea/tip/suggestion for you:

Write down 10 ideas per day around something and the first step to execute it(ex: 10 ideas about saas, 10 ideas about facebook advertising, 10 ideas about socks), eventually you will come to something and this way you will also develop your idea muscle which will help you in overcoming the problems you will face during the business. Hope that helps! :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NoahSK

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 2, 2014
North Carolina
hahaha this is actually amazing on how people come and just ask and with such short sentence, like its nothing :)

But here is the idea/tip/suggestion for you:

Write down 10 ideas per day around something and the first step to execute it(ex: 10 ideas about saas, 10 ideas about facebook advertising, 10 ideas about socks), eventually you will come to something and this way you will also develop your idea muscle which will help you in overcoming the problems you will face during the business. Hope that helps! :)
I'm not asking for a multi million dollar idea, just something I can practice with and I never said it is "nothing". I'm just asking for a simple idea. And thanks for the 10 ideas thing. I'll start doing that. :)

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
I need a good idea for my first website

Anything?

Yeah, create a website that automatically generates "good" ideas for lazy wantrepreneurs like yourself

NoahSK

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 2, 2014
North Carolina
Yeah, create a website that automatically generates "good" ideas for lazy wantrepreneurs like yourself
I don't get what the big deal is about asking for some ideas, well, there isn't one.

And "wantrepreneurs"... Really? Best you could come up with?

Gale4rc

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Sep 23, 2013
Been waiting for someone to build pandora for cats.

Please?

D

Deleted21704

I don't get what the big deal is about asking for some ideas, well, there isn't one.

And "wantrepreneurs"... Really? Best you could come up with?
Except...there is. Spend some time on here, see how this place works, and you'll see why. This question comes up like every single day.

NoahSK

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 2, 2014
North Carolina
Except...there is. Spend some time on here, see how this place works, and you'll see why. This question comes up like every single day.
I understand that you can't go around asking for people to give you million on dollar ideas. Once again I was asking for something simple to work on as a small project.

ToastedToad

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jan 20, 2014
Northern California
I understand that you can't go around asking for people to give you million on dollar ideas. Once again I was asking for something simple to work on as a small project.
Being able to think of your own project to start with, would be a good project to start with.
Start something that interests you, That your going to be excited about and want to do. Not what someone you've never met suggests you do.

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York

Your getting a lot of crap because this is a forum for people that have ideas not looking for ideas. Even if you are looking for a " Little " Idea you will not get one here. They need to come from you. Now if you have an idea and you are having some trouble working out the details you may find the answer just by looking around or you might ask the members and get an answer.

NoahSK

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Oct 2, 2014
North Carolina
Been waiting for someone to build pandora for cats.

Please?
Pawdora?

Being able to think of your own project to start with, would be a good project to start with.
Start something that interests you, That your going to be excited about and want to do. Not what someone you've never met suggests you do.
Your getting a lot of crap because this is a forum for people that have ideas not looking for ideas. Even if you are looking for a " Little " Idea you will not get one here. They need to come from you. Now if you have an idea and you are having some trouble working out the details you may find the answer just by looking around or you might ask the members and get an answer.
I see that now, I'll start brainstorming. :)

Writer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 26, 2014
Texas. (Mars during summer)

The problem, I think, is that you are asking for "something simple". If it is simple, then you can do it, and you can think about it, and you can develop it. The fact that you are asking for help for "something simple" implicitly means that you are asking for something NOT simple, but quick and profitable. It might not be what you asked for, but that's how your question might be read.

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
A social website where frogs can communicate with frogs and other amphibians.

Oooo, also an app for dogs that lets them track where they hid their bones!

ArizonaBoy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 28, 2014
Chandler, AZ
I need a good idea for my first website

Anything?
Go to each of the websites you frequent. If it gets decent traffic then it's already proven that it's addressing a market need. Then ask yourself how you could put a new spin on the solution or at least improve it for a specific niche.

If you can do this then you have chance of creating something other people would find valuable.

Bob

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.