The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Website evaluation

Marketing, social media, advertising
D

Deleted111007

Hi everyone, my website is up and running and as of a few days ago I've been running ads on Facebook and Google to test market interest.

What could I do better?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Congratulations on bringing this to fruition! I’ve always tried to keep my nails mostly clean and trimmed but never much thought about them beyond that. But that doesn’t mean there aren’t a ton of metrosexual men running around out there that will pounce on this. Your web site is fully functional and seems okay to me, but others are more qualified to weigh in on overall impact.
I’m curious: I put the product in my cart and proceeded to checkout without a hitch (but went no further). So I take it you are shipping the few products you have(?). When you’ve sold the few you have, how do you keep additional orders on the hook in case there is enough interest for a full order from your supplier?

Wombat

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
Dec 11, 2022
Vic, AU
Hi everyone, my website for a men's nail buffer is up and running

Odlucan

Congrats! (BTW nice to see another Victorian on the forum)
I was really puzzled by the banner image - didn't realise the rectangle showing 'step two remove ridges' was the top of the product. I thought it was a text-box on the banner that hadn't been replaced. If the banner had an image of the product positioned on an angle (like the image near the bottom of the page) it would have made it clear to me the product is a block with a different buffer on each face.

The bit about 'ridge cringe' seemed a little over the top to me IMHO. But I must admit I'd bitten a chunk off my thumbnail about 10 minutes ago, so I'm probably not in the user demographic :) but I can see how guys wanting to give a good impression on a date or a business situation would see value in it.

Cheers and good luck!

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
Why would I buy from a no-name drop shipping store with no guarantee that they will even send it to me for $15 vs $4 on Amazon with a money back guarantee if I'm not satisfied and a 2-day shipping? Have you read the books? What kind of value skews does your product have?
2@0.75x.png20230809_100820.png

easy850

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 8, 2021
I agree with @savefox. Have you considered something like a subscription service for common consumables related to your market?

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Why would I buy from a no-name drop shipping store with no guarantee that they will even send it to me for $15 vs $4 on Amazon with a money back guarantee if I'm not satisfied and a 2-day shipping? Have you read the books? What kind of value skews does your product have?
View attachment 51024View attachment 51025
Because he has a time traveling website that has reviews from the future!

IMG_3077.jpeg

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia

This is a good point and also begs the question how do successful dropshippers make money these days when a potential customer can just Amazon a product quicker and with buyer protection.

savefox

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Jun 15, 2022
This is a good point and also begs the question how do successful dropshippers make money these days when a potential customer can just Amazon a product quicker and with buyer protection.
99% of them don't

buscus.stan

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 13, 2021
Earth
There are a few things I noticed:
1. the layout has some issues here and there and it doesn't look polished. Not sure about ours, but it usually makes me question the authenticity of a website when the layout is not polished

SCR-20230828-izfn.png
SCR-20230828-abcd.jpeg
SCR-20230828-izjn.jpeg

SCR-20230828-iyxn.png
2. the images of the product are not fantastic. Those with the before and after show the nails of a guy that doesn't really take care of their nails. It totally doesn't make me buy.

3. the reviews feel phony (and that was before reading @biophase's post above)

And the last thing, if you only have one product, why do I have to add to card and go through the whole process instead of just having a "buy now" button that takes me straight to checkout? The less steps there are the higher the chances to sell. A percentage of potential buyers drop at every step.

These are website/flow related issues, but what @savefox said is the big question: "why you?"

Last edited:

Vas87

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Jul 4, 2012
Australia
To differentiate yourself from just the nail buffer sellers, perhaps offer a "nail care" bundle with some creams for nails (if they exist) or just hand creams.

jclean

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 9, 2016
The real question is :

How many guys are interested in a 14 dollar solution for doing there nails ?

My guess not that many and certainley not that many to strike it rich.

Same product maybe different colours adressed to women with maybe influencer marketing will be much more successful, for the simple reason that women care more about their nails than men.

Simple supply and demand..

Ela

Freelance Web Developer and SEO Expert
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 21, 2022
India
Never knew these product exisit for men...Congrats on the launch!

Video does well on the marketing, so try adding some videos on this product and testimonials on your site.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Am I being a thicko here?

Your home page has a picture of a razor, shaving brush and what I presumed was a tube of shaving creme but in fact is a creme for enhancing the curls of your hair.

What does this have to do with finger nails?

Dan

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.