The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web2.0 Websites - How Much ???

supraman

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
3%
Aug 17, 2007
There are alot of factors on the cost of a 2.0 website.
Firstly you could look into if you could buy pre made scripts and modify them which you can do easily for social networking sites (iv got one running).
Other wise you would need to get some programmers to write the code for the website. Depending on feautres this can range from a $1000+. I was looking at building a social networking platform from scratch and that was going to be $10,000.
You could hire a bunch of college students which may take a bit longer but bound to be cheaper than professionals - or even better get mates to do it in exchange for beer or the like.
Hope that helps

ProInvestor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 15, 2007
Australia
Wow, not as high as I thought ...

I think I would have to go outsourcing mode as I couldn't afford to hire 1st world college grads...
And at that price I think I will have to look into outsourcing some of my ideas!

I guess it is really storing the data and then creating charts and number crunching, etc.

I wonder if MJ has any suggestions regarding price...... & technical stuff too! ;)

Any outsourcing leads/recommendations ????

Thxs!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Answer depends on the functionality of the site -- I know there are out-of-the-box solutions that can be modified by templates and hacking code. That would be the cheapest.

An example is this forum which only cost me several hundred dollars to setup (Hosting + Board License) -- I modified the template and will add on hacks to improve the interface.

That site in question could be a Content Management System that was modified per the owner. Again, that is cheaper because the base/foundation is a pre-coded CMS system.

If the site was custom coded, an experienced coder could do it in 2 months, 40-60 hours per week. Again, speculation based on viewing the home page. As more functions are added, the longer it takes.

So if you hire on contract a programmer for 2 months, you can do it for $20K. ($10K/mo [USD] for a programmer).

A design scope will determine cost.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.