The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Web Design Niche

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Rajo989

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 29, 2022
I want to start with web design and I prefer to specialize in one niche but I don't know what niche to choose so my question is
"what business needs a website the most?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
I want to start with web design and I prefer to specialize in one niche but I don't know what niche to choose so my question is
"what business needs a website the most?
E-commerce stores. These are online stores, so of course they need a website. An online store without a website would be strange.

But nowadays every business and even every individual needs a website. E-commerce is still a vast category. There is small business e-commerce, fashion e-commerce, beauty e-commerce, pet products etc. Or by platform: Shopify, WooCommerce etc.

But it's not that easy, choosing a niche doesn't guarantee results. Businesses want a website which drives them results: more visitors, better conversion, more revenue, more profit. And they demand positive ROI: they have paid $3,000 for their new website, now they want a positive ROI. You need to deliver that. Make sure to get the right mindset at the beginning.

@Fox has a free web design book, I think start with that, completely free ebook located in this thread: MARKETPLACE - This FREE book will teach you how to build a successful web design business

buscus.stan

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 13, 2021
Earth
Do you mean web design or web development? Do you want to build websites (web development) or create a website's look and feel (web design). To put it in other words a web designer creates a button, then a web developer ensures that something happens when that button is clicked. Regardless, to be a one man band, you'd need to know both and much much more.

I don't think you need to niche down. Once you know what you're doing, the industry you're building websites for doesn't matter much. The question is can you make a CENTS business around building websites?

Bandit

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 1, 2013
South Carolina
I have a few tips, this worked for me, it may work for you.
#1 Reach out to a local law firm with an old outdated site and offer to "Build a new site for free" yes, that's right free. This will get your portfolio started. Then at the next customer, you can name-drop, and move your price point up to half of what you really want to charge. Rinse and repeat.
#2 Find a good reseller program that allows you to sell the hosting also. this generates recurring revenue with the sale of the monthly or yearly hosing and SSL certificates.
#3 Along with the hosting offer content posting and SEO. Again, find a white-label SEO agency and resell the services for a profit.

Before you know it, you will have a recurring monthly income of $500 or more from each client!
I have been doing this for a few years and I'm not super successful by any means. But it does provide a nice boost to my monthly income, and I'm taking it to the next level over the next few months to start selling other web-related products along with these services.

Hope this helps!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ErickMendez

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
99%
Jun 14, 2023
what business needs a website the most?
This is from personal experience, but usually businesses where customers need to view the business online.

This could be: Gyms, Pasterys, Real estate, Pest control, Plumming, restaurants, Construction companys, Driving ranges, Repair companies, etc.

These are the businesses I could come up with now, there are definetly more businesses that need a website.

Rajo989

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 29, 2022
I didn't expect such an answer. Thanks. Yes, I agree, every business needs a website, but focus on typical business pages at the beginning (company information, simple forms, a few subpages. etc. I planned to do 5 pages for clients for free (to divert risk and increase trust), and more precisely, I will offer to make a project for them for free, if they don't like it, they will simply give up, and I will use the completed pages to build a portfolio.

E-commerce stores. These are online stores, so of course they need a website. An online store without a website would be strange.

But nowadays every business and even every individual needs a website. E-commerce is still a vast category. There is small business e-commerce, fashion e-commerce, beauty e-commerce, pet products etc. Or by platform: Shopify, WooCommerce etc.

But it's not that easy, choosing a niche doesn't guarantee results. Businesses want a website which drives them results: more visitors, better conversion, more revenue, more profit. And they demand positive ROI: they have paid $3,000 for their new website, now they want a positive ROI. You need to deliver that. Make sure to get the right mindset at the beginning.

@Fox has a free web design book, I think start with that, completely free ebook located in this thread: MARKETPLACE - This FREE book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I agree, but if an ecommerce store wants to build a website, I already have a bigger budget and they will take a person who knows more about it and it's hard to get to the owner.Thanks,I've already started reading the book
Do you mean web design or web development? Do you want to build websites (web development) or create a website's look and feel (web design). To put it in other words a web designer creates a button, then a web developer ensures that something happens when that button is clicked. Regardless, to be a one man band, you'd need to know both and much much more.

I don't think you need to niche down. Once you know what you're doing, the industry you're building websites for doesn't matter much. The question is can you make a CENTS business around building websites?
Web Design and services needed to make the site work online

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.