The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ways to get 6-10% APY on a large sum of money?

911Carrera

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Aug 1, 2011
Let's say I have $1,000, 000 and I don't want it sitting in the average US bank picking up a mere 1% APY and I also don't want to invest it in the stock market or corporate bonds. What are my best options that don't involve any risks to my principal?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HenkHolland

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 7, 2007
Ways to earn a 6-10% annual percentage yield without risk in these days?
Forget it. There isn't.
I would say that your best bet right now is to acquire shares of a highly profitable solid, recession proof, private company. But why would the owners sell shares to you at a price that is acceptable for you?

dollarman

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 21, 2011
Your principle is at risk even if you stuff it under your mattress.

If I had that much right now? I would be flipping high end cars until a really good opportunity comes my way. If you know your stuff you'd make 10% easy.

At least you're in a good position. Always good to be ready with cash when an opportunity comes than an opportunity arriving with no cash....which is usually the case.

dfw1

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 3, 2010
Dallas TX
My questions are: How long do you want the money to sit?
Will you need access to to all or a portion of the money while it is being parked somewhere?
What kind of outcome are you looking for with the money? Like income payments or growth?

An indexed annuity can return anywhere from 4% up to as high as 12%, annually depending on the cap and may also be compounded. The olden days of annuities are behind us. Insurance companies have stepped up to the plate and have really made these products attractive. These insurance companies have billions of dollars, so the money is safe. With an indexed annuity or fixed indexed annuity, if the market tanks, you will never lose your original principal. If the market goes up, you get to ride the wave up to your cap amount. Insurance companies have massive resources that us individual investors don't. So they are able to generate returns on their money.

Plus with many annuity products there may also be death benefits, long term care benefits and other riders, depending on what the insurance carrier offers.

The bad reputation annuities had inf the past like the long amount of time your money must sit in the annuity and the unattractive surrender fees... This has all changed. The products is becoming very popular now mainly with the 50+ age groups, getting ready for retirement.

These annuities are also being utilized for 401k rollovers, since so many have lost alot of money with 401ks recently and their also being used for wealth transfer.

Feel free to ask questions... Hope I can help.

Gary.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.