The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

watch the people around and study them

tchombo

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Jan 15, 2016
London, UK
i made a new friend recently whom i depend on when it comes to wisdom. she told me to invest £3 every Sunday on a newspaper called financial times and in her attempt to convince she asked me a simple question. "how much does the daily mirror cost?", "is it not free?", i replied. then she asked me why i thought this particular paper was so costly against newspaper standards. i realized what she was getting at.

then she told me, next time you go to work, dont drive... take the train, and so i did. my mission was to watch people on the train during morning rush hour. i paid attention to each person, their dressing, their demeanor, the look on their face. i noticed a trend. most people who were reading the "financial times" seemed to live in a different world to the others. they were seemingly more sharp in dressing at appearance all the way to how they sat. in that moment i realized what media really does, it occupies the minds of people with ultimate trash, celeb gossip and things that have no positive influence whatsoever on the person. it is like a carefully placed mindblock.

i did not stop there, i went to a busy shopping mall and sat down on a bench and watched as people walked by, i realised they were almost like zombies... alive but not living. the essence of happiness was not with them and ultimately most looked like they had given up on dreams or perhaps life itself. it is a sad realization that most people actually live in prisons.

lastly i then went home and analysed the time my own family spends on the TV watching x-factor and other useless staff. i calculated an average of 6 hours per person in a day. that is 42 hours in a week and nothing gained, not to mention time spent sleeping.

the point of all this is help someone somewhere change their mindset for it is only then they can truly be conscious of time how important it is. if you read the book then you already know this. do not allow media and pointless gossip suck you in to the slow lane or sidewalk. it is time to be productive... every single second counts.

thanks MJ for writing such a book. although i havent finished it yet, it has become a substitute for the times i would often listen to music

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.