The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Watch out Groupon, Here comes Amazon

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
I know there are several people that have said they want to create a Groupon type site, well you have some competition. Amazon is doing this in at least a few cities, here is the link I got today in: AmazonLocal Indianapolis: Two-Hour Go Kart Driving and Race Experience Class

With Amazon's reach and existing email list, they are going to be a potential Groupon destroyer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Amazon is just listing living socials deals. So basically they are promoting through LS stuff since they are invested in their success. They have been doing this for over a year, but amazon isn't pushing it very hard because they want to focus on their core business.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Lighthouse is correct - Amazon invested in LivingSocial and is experimenting with promoting some of their deals. I don't think Amazon will ever be 100% in that business, but they can help make LivingSocial a better competitor to Groupon.

IMO, LivingSocial is purely a 'me-too' business right now because they don't do enough to seperate themselves from Groupon, BUT with Amazon's reach they may not need to.

darkjediii

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Jun 8, 2010
Washington, DC area
I've had experience being featured in both Amazon Local (via living social) and Groupon. I can tell you that I've had better results with Groupon.

The way it works as far as I've been told is that Amazon hand picks what deals they want featured on their site from up and coming Living Social deals. Then they blast it to their own local mailing list, it's a completely separate mailing list from Living Social and the difference is that the Amazon list was compiled using their customer base, so these are people not necessarily looking for these deals, they did not 'opt-in' to this list like the Living Social customers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.