The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Wanting, No Longer!

Mason Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
Why, Hello there. Id like to jump right in, but I guess I should introduce myself first.

My name is Mason. I'm 23 years old, grew up in a middle class american home and went through school until 11th grade when, by nothing other than sheer stupidity, I dropped out and got my GED. Landed myself in the 99th percentile too. Since then I've pursued my hobby for welding, went to school for 4 years, and now? I have the best job in the world. I am a Welder/Fabricator for a local sign shop in North Carolina, and a general Fabricator for a manufacturing facility/machine shop. Everyday is a great day, as I could be running around town installing new signs we just built, or be back at the shop welding my little heart out. Great bosses, fantastic coworkers and not a terrible salary for a 23 year old Dropout. 50+ Hour weeks and the occasional all nighter to get a sign or project done (We build a LOT of crap for the PGA presidents cup. A whole week of 20 hour days). However, I since 2010, my head has been filled with dreams of helping people, more than just building signs. By all means, my passion is people. So despite the job people would kill for, I wish for something more.

All of my dreams were catapulted when my girlfriend showed up. Now, I no longer see Entrepreneurship as some hope, but as a goal I must achieve.

As I'm sure many of you can relate, ideas swirl in my head daily, but we rarely act upon any of them (colorful balls and such... right?). This has been my reality for quite a long time. Only recently have I actually pulled the trigger on an idea I've had for a while. Its a fitness product (saturated market, right?). However this is the only thing I ever hear people complain about in the gym. And not only can I fix it, but working at a machine shop has its perks, as I can draw up any design I want and Mill it out for nothing more than the cost of materials.

Anyways, I'm excited to finally go down the road of actually building a product and the idea of helping at least one person keeps me going.

As an end to this lame post about my lame self, I'll post my goal for this year.

I'd like to say, $10k in my account but I'll get yelled at. So, my goal is to have my product generating income. Whether its $50 a month or $2000, it doesn't matter. You never go broke making a profit as my boss tells me.

I apologize for my lack of Forum knowledge. This is the first forum I've ever joined, and the first I've ever posted in.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

FastLaneSoCal

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 22, 2017
Southern California
Why, Hello there. Id like to jump right in, but I guess I should introduce myself first.

My name is Mason. I'm 23 years old, grew up in a middle class american home and went through school until 11th grade when, by nothing other than sheer stupidity, I dropped out and got my GED. Landed myself in the 99th percentile too. Since then I've pursued my hobby for welding, went to school for 4 years, and now? I have the best job in the world. I am a Welder/Fabricator for a local sign shop in North Carolina, and a general Fabricator for a manufacturing facility/machine shop. Everyday is a great day, as I could be running around town installing new signs we just built, or be back at the shop welding my little heart out. Great bosses, fantastic coworkers and not a terrible salary for a 23 year old Dropout. 50+ Hour weeks and the occasional all nighter to get a sign or project done (We build a LOT of crap for the PGA presidents cup. A whole week of 20 hour days). However, I since 2010, my head has been filled with dreams of helping people, more than just building signs. By all means, my passion is people. So despite the job people would kill for, I wish for something more.

All of my dreams were catapulted when my girlfriend showed up. Now, I no longer see Entrepreneurship as some hope, but as a goal I must achieve.

As I'm sure many of you can relate, ideas swirl in my head daily, but we rarely act upon any of them (colorful balls and such... right?). This has been my reality for quite a long time. Only recently have I actually pulled the trigger on an idea I've had for a while. Its a fitness product (saturated market, right?). However this is the only thing I ever hear people complain about in the gym. And not only can I fix it, but working at a machine shop has its perks, as I can draw up any design I want and Mill it out for nothing more than the cost of materials.

Anyways, I'm excited to finally go down the road of actually building a product and the idea of helping at least one person keeps me going.

As an end to this lame post about my lame self, I'll post my goal for this year.

I'd like to say, $10k in my account but I'll get yelled at. So, my goal is to have my product generating income. Whether its $50 a month or $2000, it doesn't matter. You never go broke making a profit as my boss tells me.

I apologize for my lack of Forum knowledge. This is the first forum I've ever joined, and the first I've ever posted in.

Good luck! The fact that you talked about helping people and solving problems and didn't mention making a $zillion (but you might) tells me you are on the right track. Keep going...

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States

Welcome! You seem to be doing everything right at this point -- focusing on helping people, choosing the right market, etc. Additionally, it seems like you're girlfriend falls into the category of positive-minded people who will motivate you.

Good luck in your endeavors! Also, out of curiosity: do you intend on quitting your job and making entrepreneurship full-time? You seem to be passionate about your current field of work.

Mason Welds

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
Welcome! You seem to be doing everything right at this point -- focusing on helping people, choosing the right market, etc. Additionally, it seems like you're girlfriend falls into the category of positive-minded people who will motivate you.

Good luck in your endeavors! Also, out of curiosity: do you intend on quitting your job and making entrepreneurship full-time? You seem to be passionate about your current field of work.

While I am incredibly passionate about my current field of work, my dream is still to become and Entrepreneur. My boss has shown his approval as he is an experienced entrepreneur with 3 companies right now and maybe a dozen under his belt, however I highly doubt he's read MJs books. As of right now Im still quite fuzzy about the future, if I can keep my current job but have whatever I build be my main source of income? That doesn't seem too bad to me. Going to work because you WANT to, not because you HAVE to. But thats a bridge I dont need to cross right now

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...