GoodluckChuck
Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
As Ive made my way up the business food chain I've started to notice something that makes me very excited. Excited because it's something that is giving my business and edge and is allowing me to expand my market share oftentimes taking customers from my direct competitors.
This concept was solidified for me after hearing am interview with Jeff Bezos in like 1994. In the interview he explained that Amazon is a customer experience business before anything else. From that moment on I decided that my business and any future business I operate will live by the same motto.
So what do I do differently than my competitors? Well, I'm not all that better at marketing or web design. My SEO skills are on point but there are plenty of people that are a lot better than me.
Where I get my edge is in the simple basic things. It's my belief and experience confirms that nailing the basics makes me stand out.
This means:
- Answering the phone when people call or calling right back
- Answering emails immediately
- Doing exactly what I say I'll do when I say I'm going to do it
- Speaking honestly so I come across as trustworthy
In a nutshell everything I do starts with this:
"How can I provide the best experience for this person?"
That's it. That's all I do that makes me special. It isn't hard to do, but it's easy not to do it.
Since I chose this north star I have won multiple clients and they all tell me exactly why then terminated their last marketing contractor and hired me. It's because I follow through with what I say and am trustworthy. All because I'm focused on their experience before everything else.
What about you? What is your focus? Are you killing it or is every day a struggle?
Place your focus on improving the experience of others and you can't lose.
This concept was solidified for me after hearing am interview with Jeff Bezos in like 1994. In the interview he explained that Amazon is a customer experience business before anything else. From that moment on I decided that my business and any future business I operate will live by the same motto.
So what do I do differently than my competitors? Well, I'm not all that better at marketing or web design. My SEO skills are on point but there are plenty of people that are a lot better than me.
Where I get my edge is in the simple basic things. It's my belief and experience confirms that nailing the basics makes me stand out.
This means:
- Answering the phone when people call or calling right back
- Answering emails immediately
- Doing exactly what I say I'll do when I say I'm going to do it
- Speaking honestly so I come across as trustworthy
In a nutshell everything I do starts with this:
"How can I provide the best experience for this person?"
That's it. That's all I do that makes me special. It isn't hard to do, but it's easy not to do it.
Since I chose this north star I have won multiple clients and they all tell me exactly why then terminated their last marketing contractor and hired me. It's because I follow through with what I say and am trustworthy. All because I'm focused on their experience before everything else.
What about you? What is your focus? Are you killing it or is every day a struggle?
Place your focus on improving the experience of others and you can't lose.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
