The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

wanna buy water filter pitcher

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Anyone know what brand has good water filter pitchers that filters out fluoride as well as other harmful stuff.

I tried to do some research and i came across a conspiracy lol.
I thought Clearly Filtered looked like good choice, but after reading some amazon review and doing some snooping i found they got the SAME test report from 2006 as the company Seychelle LOL!!! why would these people start 2 separate companies like this? and not even hide the reports:
https://www.clearlyfiltered.com/pages/test-results

http://www.seychelle.com/filtration.html Check water pitcher test for the same exact pdf doc!

amazon number 1 seller is Brita but it seems pretty weak and has no fluoride filtration.

http://www.berkeyfilters.com seems legit, and expensive, but seems like everything else is bs... its amazing what sells.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
lol guess noone got water filters around here.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I use ace bio mineral pot. It's good. Comes with a test kit. The majority of the water i have to drink when away at work is from a reverse osmosis plant that is under a bit if strain, so I wanted a decent one. And have actually seen a few floating around out here.

Removes fluoride, chlorine and heavy metals etc but also puts back in minerals and alkalises the water.

Approx 150 bucks.

Some of the guys think it is weird, but water is the main thing you put into your body, particularly in a hot area like where I am where I would drink 6 to 10 litres a day during summer!

Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
This reminded me of a story I was told by a chemical engineer I met one time. She worked for Sydney water which I believe is a private company that controls Sydneys water supply. She told me about the crazy quality tests they do and said she would never hesitate drinking Sydney tap water.

She also told me about a trip they did to a small rural towns water facility and their testing method was to basically check it once a day and maybe chuck a bunch of chlorine in there haha.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I use ace bio mineral pot. It's good. Comes with a test kit. The majority of the water i have to drink when away at work is from a reverse osmosis plant that is under a bit if strain, so I wanted a decent one. And have actually seen a few floating around out here.

Removes fluoride, chlorine and heavy metals etc but also puts back in minerals and alkalises the water.

Approx 150 bucks.

Some of the guys think it is weird, but water is the main thing you put into your body, particularly in a hot area like where I am where I would drink 6 to 10 litres a day during summer!
hey checked it out, looks like a good option! ill keep it in mind thanks.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
I got to test the integrity of certain types of water in a lab for a few weeks. The best water came from the Brita filters, it was WAY better than a lot of the others. I won't go into details, but I can pull up my report if you want more info.

The amount of shit in restaurant water is incredible (was rated the worse, we got it from chick FIL A)

BUT be aware, we tested an 'expired' Brita filter vs a brand new one and it wasn't much of a difference although it was still a lot better than other types of water. So I think those filters last longer than they say, Brita just wants you to change them more frequently.

Btw, for you guys that prefer bottled water over tap water. The government regulates and filters their water more than these private companies (Tampa tap water was cleaner than dasani bottled water).

Bellini

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas, TX
Anyone know what brand has good water filter pitchers that filters out fluoride as well as other harmful stuff.

ZeroWater

I did quite a bit of research on this last year, and was surprised to find that ZeroWater outperformed Brita in most tests. (Information I gathered from several different sites)

I did buy one and have been pleased with it.

www.zerowater.com

If not Zero, then I would buy Seychelle.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
ZeroWater

I did quite a bit of research on this last year, and was surprised to find that ZeroWater outperformed Brita in most tests. (Information I gathered from several different sites)

I did buy one and have been pleased with it.

www.zerowater.com

If not Zero, then I would buy Seychelle.

I did not test Zero, but I would say that the results from Brita isn't accurate (test I ran filtered 99% of the fluoride out of the water). I would look at a review beyond the actual companies posted review.

Just because it says that the testing wasn't done by a zerowater affiliated company, doesn't mean that these guys weren't heavily paid to perform these results until the evidence was substantially in zero's favor. You can't even say if it is true or not. These are marketing strategies that companies use all the time and you really have to take them with a grain of salt.
Not saying you're wrong, sounds like you have done more research than just that, but for the OP, I would look beyond zero's website.

If you were to drink 100% pure water, it would taste funny as hell, it's not a good taste at all because you wouldn't be used to it. You want some minerals and electrolytes in it. If this zero water did filter almost everything out, you'd prolly find it taste weird as hell. I doubt it tastes like that, meaning it's not 99% water.

The things that have a significant impact in your water brita does a great job to filter out.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I did not test Zero, but I would say that the results from Brita isn't accurate (test I ran filtered 99% of the fluoride out of the water). I would look at a review beyond the actual companies posted review.

Just because it says that the testing wasn't done by a zerowater affiliated company, doesn't mean that these guys weren't heavily paid to perform these results until the evidence was substantially in zero's favor. You can't even say if it is true or not. These are marketing strategies that companies use all the time and you really have to take them with a grain of salt.
Not saying you're wrong, sounds like you have done more research than just that, but for the OP, I would look beyond zero's website.

If you were to drink 100% pure water, it would taste funny as hell, it's not a good taste at all because you wouldn't be used to it. You want some minerals and electrolytes in it. If this zero water did filter almost everything out, you'd prolly find it taste weird as hell. I doubt it tastes like that, meaning it's not 99% water.

The things that have a significant impact in your water brita does a great job to filter out.

yep, I just want a good water filter that removes flouride on demand as well without installing a bunch. I can't tell from some of the reviews they say no not even when they advertise they do

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.