The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

[Video] Launching a Product by Tim Ferris

tincho1492

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Aug 7, 2011
Uruguay
Felt very identified by this:

"I like to focus on unpaid (exposure) because it forces you to make better decitions in the beginning"

Learned it the hard way on my first product launch.

"The best entrepreneurs I've ever met are all great communicators".

Storytelling is one of the skills that I've seen repeatedly from successful entrepreneurs (ie: zen*******), so it's time to start learning it.

[video=youtube;fkfkMnITeeI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkfkMnITeeI[/video]

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Steele Concept

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Sep 3, 2012
Connecticut
Good post man. I like Tim's point about selling to like minded people. I am similar to Tim in the young, male, techy type of demographic. When I take a look at the stuff I buy I have asked myself... What made me pull the trigger on this item?

When thinking of products that I am going to sell to a similar demographic, the question should be: Would I buy that? Or even better, Do I feel a strong desire to purchase that, even if I opt not to right away? Does that desire stay with me until I have purchased the item?

That was my favorite point of Tim's in this video :)

Captain Scarlet

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Mar 5, 2013
Tim does receive some flak from various quarters, but I've always listened to the guy because he has some very interesting things to say and he clearly does his research. Thanks for sharing.

Nick

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Oct 25, 2011
Tim does receive some flak from various quarters, but I've always listened to the guy because he has some very interesting things to say and he clearly does his research. Thanks for sharing.

Tim does receive some flak from various communities, but i found that a lot of it it's mainly a reflection of various communities refusal to accept the reality because it does not conform with their view of the world.

For instance, slowlane, hard working people make fun of the 4 hour work week lifestyle, because it makes them uncomfortable to even think that it's possible for someone else to work much less and achieve much more than them.

Tech communities, programmers, - like hacker news - talk shit of him because it makes them uncomfortable that what he preaches or does - marketing, sales, hype etc... is what actually works in the real world. They would prefer that whoever build the best technical product is the most successful, but this rarely happens in the real world.

Yes, Tim does a lot of marketing, sales, hype, gimmicks, but only because they work. Not sure why people feel they rather change the reality of how people purchase than adapt to what the market wants and how it works.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.