The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Video Ads for Marketing

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nolan Harper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 31, 2018
Questions for entrepreneurs starting businesses:

1. Do you struggle with video for marketing your business??

A. Yes
B. No

2. Do you feel that video content could improve your message, value, or reach? Why or why not?

3. What answers would offer the most value, and help you get the highest ROI on your time when producing content for marketing purposes? (Looking for top 3. If "other" please offer insight)

A. Video Production Basics (Equipment, settings, lighting, audio, composition, Pre-production, post-production, sound design)
B. Ad structure (hook, epiphany bridge, CTA)
C. Branding (message, website/social content, internal content for your team)
D. Lead Nurture/Optimization
E. Different styles of video and appropriate usage (phone vs professional)
F. Understanding Platforms/audiences/engagement
F. Other

I wanted to post a couple question and just see what kind of answers came back. I see a need for entrepreneurs but don't fully understand the scope of the need, and what solutions would offer the most value.

I think too many bootstrapping entrepreneurs attempt to get video content and then are hit with a massive bill and wonder why they couldn't make it themselves. Then, they attempt themselves, and see little to no ROI. I want to bridge the gap and help smaller businesses get the tools to effectively use video until their budget allows for outsourcing/hiring for in house content creation

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bourbons

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Mar 28, 2016
Newcastle, UK
Questions for entrepreneurs starting businesses:

1. Do you struggle with video for marketing your business??

A. Yes
B. No

2. Do you feel that video content could improve your message, value, or reach? Why or why not?

3. What answers would offer the most value, and help you get the highest ROI on your time when producing content for marketing purposes? (Looking for top 3. If "other" please offer insight)

A. Video Production Basics (Equipment, settings, lighting, audio, composition, Pre-production, post-production, sound design)
B. Ad structure (hook, epiphany bridge, CTA)
C. Branding (message, website/social content, internal content for your team)
D. Lead Nurture/Optimization
E. Different styles of video and appropriate usage (phone vs professional)
F. Understanding Platforms/audiences/engagement
F. Other

I wanted to post a couple question and just see what kind of answers came back. I see a need for entrepreneurs but don't fully understand the scope of the need, and what solutions would offer the most value.

I think too many bootstrapping entrepreneurs attempt to get video content and then are hit with a massive bill and wonder why they couldn't make it themselves. Then, they attempt themselves, and see little to no ROI. I want to bridge the gap and help smaller businesses get the tools to effectively use video until their budget allows for outsourcing/hiring for in house content creation
Honestly I don't know, because I haven't tried it.

My businesses don't provide much that needs demonstrating, and they're not exciting, so maybe the wrong industry for videos.

Maybe the investments could benefit, but I've not seen any good videos for financial products that do anything more than build brand recognition - and investments are quite a focused product, I'd only want to put my brand in front of people with money.

Happy to bat ideas about if you can see anything I'm missing!

Nolan Harper

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 31, 2018
Honestly I don't know, because I haven't tried it.

My businesses don't provide much that needs demonstrating, and they're not exciting, so maybe the wrong industry for videos.

Maybe the investments could benefit, but I've not seen any good videos for financial products that do anything more than build brand recognition - and investments are quite a focused product, I'd only want to put my brand in front of people with money.

Happy to bat ideas about if you can see anything I'm missing!

Thank you for the insight! Do you mind me asking what industry you are in, and what your current marketing strategies are (if not using video)?

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
I want to bridge the gap and help smaller businesses get the tools to effectively use video until their budget allows for outsourcing/hiring for in house content creation

As somebody who has tried exactly this, I would suggest you don't bother with this market. You have already identified why in your post.

New businesses are trying to save money, and through a combination of watching a lot of videos and just being cheap, people don't want to spend money on video production.

Most people don't appreciate the work that goes in, and the amount you have to charge will make you poor. If I had my time again doing that, I would actively turn down business from small fry and just aim for medium to large. That way you don't have to waste time and energy convincing people why video is a good idea, and there is less (if any) price haggling.

By all means use small biz to get experience, then leave all the videographers on fivver to scramble around for small business gigs as they race themselves to the bottom.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.