The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Very concerning, by almost every metric most assets are in hyperbubble levels out there

Anything related to investing, including crypto

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Where's the opportunity in this cycle? Abroad. Find a country exhibiting "great courage," find a country exhibiting liberty oriented tendencies. Abundance is on the way out in America.

I won't be a Jew trapped in Germany. I see the writing on the wall. I concern myself with what I can do, and not what I can't control.

You would think that America wouldn't go down without shooting, wouldn't you.

Probably one of the better places to be no?

Sweden didn't go tyrant throughout this did they?

Might be a go to place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mathew Verble

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 6, 2018
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”
― Alexander Fraser Tytler

Where's the opportunity in this cycle? Abroad. Find a country exhibiting "great courage," find a country exhibiting liberty oriented tendencies. Abundance is on the way out in America.

I won't be a Jew trapped in Germany. I see the writing on the wall. I concern myself with what I can do, and not what I can't control.
Damn... if that's not a FTE wake up call. I don't know what it is. Thank you for writing that. Holy shit.

Mathew Verble

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 6, 2018
Damn... if that's not a FTE wake up call. I don't know what it is. Thank you for writing that. Holy shit.
But then like the pressure to have the fu money to escape sounds a little more pressing than what a 1/5/10 Planasy assumes lol.

Whatever I'm doing I need to up my game. Find a fast way to scoop up low hanging fruit

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
288%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
But then like the pressure to have the fu money to escape sounds a little more pressing than what a 1/5/10 Planasy assumes lol.

Whatever I'm doing I need to up my game. Find a fast way to scoop up low hanging fruit
You can still do a 1-5-10 and then work on the short time side of that, but I agree, I’m really struggling right now to plan anything even a month out when things are so uncertain.

But then you have governments talking about building roads 5 years from now and businesses still working on new products, maybe it’s not all coming to an end. There’s a quote in mad men I love. Talking about a family who sold all thier property in New York during the Great Depression. “Some people have no faith in this country”. Maybe it’s best just to have faith and keep moving forward like everyone else.

As for what to do regarding inflation, do a bit of everything, some cash, some stocks, some property, some crypto, a business. You could go all in on one get rich quick idea but as it says in the richest man in Babylon “Another word for risk is probable loss”. If you don’t have enough money to diversify like this, maybe you shouldn’t even be worrying about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
I am aware of the circumstances at play. I literally have a radio show where I have spent hours on the pending dollar crisis and the idiocy of Keynesian economics. I am Austrian through and through.

So no, I won't lose 90%. Why? Because I am not an over leveraged WSB degenerate buying DOTM calls with margin on companies with triple digit P/E ratios and even some companies with no E.

I own a company that serves a VERY inelastic demand that only stands to become more valuable as our economy reverts to necessity instead of desire. I have a fantastic newtork of people that I could open new opportunities up with in short order. And finally, I have physical assets, personally tradable assets, access to a lot of land, and a means to arm a small militia, despite the fact that the people I associate with could probably also do the same. I would say I am quite prepared.

Here's the deal man, I am trying to share some wisdom with you because I see a LOT of my old tendencies in your posts. Even C0VlD set me off like this last year. I struggled for a LONG time with self imposed stress, anxiety, and an overall pessimistic outlook on the world. It was always to my own detriment.

Like I said, I am still no optimist, but I found peace in opportunism.
a great book along these same lines is How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World by Harry Browne

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.