• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Vertical Integration vs Specialization

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by Togorashi, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Togorashi

Togorashi New Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $92
    Im meeting with a potential business partner on Friday to discuss some ideas we’ve been kicking around. There are some great opportunities in the local agricultural industry where I live. It has a lot of growth potential and we have a real mission to help our local farmers. Every step of this supply chain needs to be improved and expanded. Some of those steps are going to be more profitable than others but of course they’re all interdependent. He’s leaning more towards specializing whereas I’m leaning more towards integrating. I worry that our business will be hampered by bottlenecks out of our control. Better to have some control over all the steps in the chain. One step in the chain would be very capital intensive (but maybe the most profitable and the most critical bottleneck) whereas all the other steps would be easy to bootstrap and scale.

How do I go about analyzing whether to specialize in one area (where I see the most potential impact) or to become a one stop shop for everything? What are the different factors that go into that decision?

Thanks for the help.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.