The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Update: So, a few days ago I posted a thread to arrange a MasterMind that would meet remotely

redmillionaire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2017
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
So, a few days ago I posted a thread to arrange a MasterMind that would meet remotely to help each other with our FastLane goals.

To my surprise, the thread just got deleted by mods because apparently, "Soliciting to take people off the forum is bad tact".

Nevermind there was no mention in the thread of taking people "off" the forum. This is essentially saying Fastlaners cannot arrange to meet up using the forum, because that would be taking people "off" the forum.

So, to those that were excited to participate in the MasterMind, this thread is for you (until they delete it as well) just to let you know the situation. I see no point in further attempting to organize this for FastLaners if the mods are so uptight about it.

Cheers to you all!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

96wells

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 25, 2017
virginia
I think the problem with your thread was that there was no specific thing for the mastermind to exist (unless I missed it).

Is it a mastermind for marketing, selling, ecommerce, copywriting, freelancers, real estate, etc?

The biggest con to having a mastermind is a lack of focus and time dedicated to it. Lack of focus causes a variety of people to easy come and go, it may also cause the group to not have cohesion or a common goal (make money is one, but thats very broad).

Lack of time the group will die off without a leader or valuable members willing to share information.

Also, many people were concerned that your post was about MLM. No one likes to be made a fool of, and unfortunately the ambiguity of your post suggests MLM.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014
Why would you remake the thread if it got deleted?

You dont bring any value to the forum and nobody knows you

If you spent some time contributing rather than taking you'd realize the whole forum is a mastermind and you can make REAL connections in real life.

No one wants to join your mastermind.

D.Davis

Ingeninja
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 8, 2017
Texas
I think you should get your Rep$ up a little and try again after you've contributed to the forum.

No offense brother, but a low-time contributor from Zimbabwe who made his first post on Saturday asking Copywriters to share tips on "how they made it", and wants to lead a "Mastermind" (I hate that damn word in this context) on Sunday won't receive a lot of call to action.

Hey man, you're a Copy Writer- share some experiences and pitfalls of Copy Writing with us! Point us to some articles and learning resources that helped you along the way. What CopyWriting projects have you completed that brought success? What are you willing to learn to improve your skills? What have you done to contribute to the harsh economy in Zimbabwe?

Baby steps brother- and in due time, those moderators will allow your Mastermind solicitation. Peace King.

redmillionaire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2017
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
I said it in my thread, I'm a copywriter, not a MLM or whatever. Anyhow, let's all move on. People were interested in the Mastermind, never got the chance to join.This thread is the least I could do to tell em why the MasterMind won't happen. For those that want to improve on their business goals, which is what the MasterMind would have done anyway, I recommend reading FUMoney by Dan Lok. I WON'T be doing a MasterMind unfortunately. Some mods here say it would not help anybody, and I say "good point". Read Dan Lok's book instead. It's worth it.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The friction you're getting is that it appears you joined here not to contribute and be a part of the community, but to get people to "PM me for more info" so you can sell them on your mastermind located at some other place. In other words, it appears that you're here to siphon users and/or traffic.

"PM me" from a new user is usually code for, "I don't want anyone to publicly see or hear what I'm doing because it's probably against the rules."

You are new.
No rep, no contribution, nothing.

Had you invested time FIRST in the community and then posted such a thread, it would probably would have remained and not been questioned.

The forum doesn't frown upon people posting meetups.

However when it comes from a stranger with no forum cred, it's usually a sign that the forum is being USED as a marketing and lead channel. This is a community based on TWO books that you probably haven't read, it is not your personal lead/marketing channel. And then you go and push some other book.

Not a good start.

Anyhow, I hope this helps explain.

And I further hope that such impressions are entirely incorrect and that you stay at the forum and contribute from a standpoint of contribution, not "this forum is filled with potential leads!"

As mentioned above, this FORUM is already a platform for MASTERMINDING so to pop-in as a stranger and say, "Hey, join my group" as your mod message stated, is bad tact.

The people here don't want to be spoken AT, we want to be spoken WITH.

redmillionaire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2017
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
hey MJ, you have no idea man, I'm a complete fan of your story, the podcasts and the story of you sitting in that limo man, which is why I'm here in the first place! I read the excerpt of "Unscripted " from your website, you can check my email, I been a member of your email list for like years probably! I just thought it was time to actively participate in the conversation and mods were on my tail like I was some forum criminal. I did not appreciate that. I appreciate your explanation of their perspective. I personally found a lot of mileage out of SinisterLex's threads on copywriting, again on this forum some time back. I appreciate not getting banned. I'm discussing with one participant to see if it would be worth doing a mastermind with just two of us since we never got our message out there. I'd really rather drop the idea entirely now given how it went down and I don't need this, if it would not let down the people who got their hopes up. I'm not hawking anything, I'm in the fashion niche I never called for fashion participants or whatever, those people would probably be more women and stuff which is not the dudes and fellow internet marketers I was trying to involve in our mastermind. This was for guys like me to help each other, and it was gonna be so fun, nevermind. The mod reaction seemed kneejerk. My experience on your forum however does not take away from your accomplishments and even your inspiration for me and others. Big thanks for what you have done! Alongside your stuff, I'm a big fan of Dan Lok, another Fastlane guy. I recently read his book, and he distills stuff better than any Mastermind contribution I'd make anyway, so if I'm not gonna contribute a MasterMind, as I felt strongly disinclined to do after what went down, least I could contribute was recommend a solid, relevant read. Anyhow, no bad feelings! Thanks for your perspective!!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The mod reaction seemed kneejerk.

I appreciate your explanation of their perspective.

It wasn't the other mods (I don't think) it was me. I also merely just respond to the community reports. So if 3 users report your post as "spammy" I take action and ask questions later.

So if you're upset, you should be upset with me and the community for self-regulating.

This forum has been around for 10 years and we've learned to spot TAKERS over GIVERS pretty fast. 99 out of 100 people who storm in here with a post that says, "PM me privately" aren't here to contribute or give, they're here to take. To us, it's a form of spam and we give it a short leash.

Hope this explains more. Great to hear this was all a misunderstanding!

redmillionaire

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Sep 22, 2017
Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
It wasn't the other mods (I don't think) it was me. I also merely just respond to the community reports. So if 3 users report your post as "spammy" I take action and ask questions later.

So if you're upset, you should be upset with me and the community for self-regulating.

This forum has been around for 10 years and we've learned to spot TAKERS over GIVERS pretty fast. 99 out of 100 people who storm in here with a post that says, "PM me privately" aren't here to contribute or give, they're here to take. To us, it's a form of spam and we give it a short leash.

Hope this explains more. Great to hear this was all a misunderstanding!
Thanks MJ! Forum's great, this is where it's at! I totally appreciate what you've got here :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.