The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Underemployed Dropout That Never Quite Fit In (Did I Mention That I Was Diagnosed with MS?)...And Even More Fun

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
So....I was raised in that "sidewalk" lifestyle discussed in Fastlane. Growing up with welfare and government cheese, I hungered for the middle class life, so I studied and got grades so I could get into college. Yet, something always tried to steer me from that path. The money order I saved to go to FSU, I ended up trying to cash it for gas money.

I went to community college...which actually was cheap and went straight through....but it was a general degree (Associates with some Education credits)

I decided to try the "four year" college degree again....I got to the last semster and ran out of financial aid and had to work two part-time jobs (which had both cut an hour from me).

I thought maybe a bit city like Atlanta would appreciate a dude with 120 credits (out of 125)....Not really. I ended up depressed, tried to commit suicide, applying to Mcdonald's (then skipping when they called)...and discovering a thing called freelancing and the gig economy

The only thing was, I approached gigs and freelancing like an employee, not business. I eventually got tired of doing surveys, chasing clients, etc....so I went back to "real work"....I ended up working in retail as a receiver

I did that and was laid off a total of 3 times (This was during COVID)

It was also at this time that I started to develop symptoms of multiple sclerosis. I knew I had to do something, so I visualized a new career, got 2 certificates, and bought the computer for a remote from home job.

I did remote work for the last two years...and then I was laid off again in January

I have since been rehired, but I've always been a person who would read LOTS of entrepreneurial books and had good ideas but never followed through.

This time, however, something is a little different....My diagnosis was refined to Progressive MS, so it's supposed to get worse.....and this is causing my mind to make a major shift. I can't continue the games of "I'll just make things up and somehow be an entrepreneur". I have to get a plan in place soon while I am able to move and think OK because even if I do end up in a facility, I don't want mt story to be "Well, that was sad."...I want it to be "He kicked a** and set up a foundation for the next generation to do the same."

And then I read Fastlane...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Aug 5, 2011
I'm sorry to hear about your medical diagnosis, but don't let stop you from living your life. Regardless if you have 60 years left, or 6 months, we all are on a clock. Spend your time wisely, it's all we have.

That said, if you want to go Fastlane, I hope you understood the book's point that this is an exponential curve, not a logarithmic one. You don't make $1m in year one, you make it year six with the previous five at $10k/year (obviously these numbers are all made-up, but they are examples of "you can get rich fast or easy, pick one" where "easy" means 40 years of savings).

This is not a "get rich quick" forum. I'm not saying you can't do it (if you can provide tons of VALUE to EVERYONE tomorrow, you might do it!), but most of what you'll find here is more grounded.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
This is not medical advice, but some people have managed to reverse MS through the carnivore diet (and other elimination diets). This might work because MS is fundamentally an autoimmune disease.

The fact that you went through debilitating depression might be a sign of chronic systemic inflammation, and perhaps the depression and MS are both symptoms of the same underlying condition.

Again, this is not medical advice, but I would really suggest looking into it, because this diet saved lives.

I really hope that you will improve all areas of your life, prioritizing health (physical and mental).
Best of luck, and keep us updated on your progress!

we all are on a clock. Spend your time wisely, it's all we have.

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I really hope that you will improve all areas of your life, prioritizing health (physical and mental).
+1 on this. Seems like your physical and consequentially your mental health are at a level which can be debilitating for starting a business.
So focus on those first ! Without health there isn't much you can do.

Then reading the GOLD posts will cause some great mindset shifts.

Jokes on you... I worked at McDonald's. And got laid off. So don't feel so bad about not being able to get a job. (Even though it seems you are not so underemployed, if you managed to freelance and go remote. You can probably do it again then)
I know I felt very bad about it for a long a$$ time... but we can change, and now I am much more "employable" than before.
Again mental health played a huge role.

Best of luck !

Zeta

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 17, 2019
Sweden
I'm also sorry to read about your medical diagnosis! I think you should prioritize your health first of all!!

Like other fastlaners mentioned here, there are people that have managed to reverse MS through diet.

One that manage to reverse here’s MS is Dr. Terry Wahls.
Now she shares her knowledge with others with MS, maybe you will find good info in her book and site.

Best of luck!

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I'm sorry to hear about your medical diagnosis, but don't let stop you from living your life. Regardless if you have 60 years left, or 6 months, we all are on a clock. Spend your time wisely, it's all we have.

That said, if you want to go Fastlane, I hope you understood the book's point that this is an exponential curve, not a logarithmic one. You don't make $1m in year one, you make it year six with the previous five at $10k/year (obviously these numbers are all made-up, but they are examples of "you can get rich fast or easy, pick one" where "easy" means 40 years of savings).

This is not a "get rich quick" forum. I'm not saying you can't do it (if you can provide tons of VALUE to EVERYONE tomorrow, you might do it!), but most of what you'll find here is more grounded.
Thank you! I am not looking for a "get rich" scheme... I've gone through many of them and just have gone tired of the "free webinar" situation and constantly switching. I didn't spend a lot of money, but I did spend a lot of TIME going through the whole "get ricj quick guru" circle and came out with nothing...

Fastlane, with its very colorful language, helped me see how futile that system was.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
This is not medical advice, but some people have managed to reverse MS through the carnivore diet (and other elimination diets). This might work because MS is fundamentally an autoimmune disease.

The fact that you went through debilitating depression might be a sign of chronic systemic inflammation, and perhaps the depression and MS are both symptoms of the same underlying condition.

Again, this is not medical advice, but I would really suggest looking into it, because this diet saved lives.

I will agree with you. I grew up on the lower income, highly processed food for ALL of my life. I had some periods where I tried to eat "healthy' but it was basically getting protein shakes and getting bored with eating chicken breasts because I'm not really a cook.

I also was Crohn's disease in middle school...probably from the years of junk food, processed food, and milk (Both my mom and the US Department of Education believed I need to chug down milk despite feeling crap after)

So...it's most definitely related to autoimmne

I have looked into elimination diets as well...Currently, I am SLOWLY following the advice of a bulking coach (offered to give some advice when I mentioned my MS story) who advised me to first just focus on eating noncrappy food on a regular basis and to pay attention to how my body reacts. That is the best advice from anyone "medical" because when I was diagnosed, there was no in-depth questions about diet...They were like "OK, let's figure this out. You have Progressive MS...let's start you on treatment."

I Googled answers and saw that more than a few people with MS had switched to Carnivore or keto...so I completely agree with what you are saying

Regardless of what happens, I do know that eating less crappy food is definitely a good idea.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I'm also sorry to read about your medical diagnosis! I think you should prioritize your health first of all!!

Like other fastlaners mentioned here, there are people that have managed to reverse MS through diet.

One that manage to reverse here’s MS is Dr. Terry Wahls.
Now she shares her knowledge with others with MS, maybe you will find good info in her book and site.

Best of luck!
Have the book...I agree with the idea that eating less processed food is the KEY vs just taking medication

Implementing the diet might be a little expensive, but I like the principles behind it

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
+1 on this. Seems like your physical and consequentially your mental health are at a level which can be debilitating for starting a business.
So focus on those first ! Without health there isn't much you can do.

Then reading the GOLD posts will cause some great mindset shifts.

Jokes on you... I worked at McDonald's. And got laid off. So don't feel so bad about not being able to get a job. (Even though it seems you are not so underemployed, if you managed to freelance and go remote. You can probably do it again then)
I know I felt very bad about it for a long a$$ time... but we can change, and now I am much more "employable" than before.
Again mental health played a huge role.

Best of luck !
Yes, I'm slowly unraveling the "script" that "I grew up poor so that means I should only eat crappy, processed food that helps the food companies (like McDonald's, Burger King) make profits while my body is suffering...

I am SLOWLY eating more unprocessed food on a regular basis and have an accountability partner along with a boxing app & human guide....so we'll see how all of this shapes up.

Also tai chi and meditation...

But, I digress. I was actually as a call center rep for 2 companies....but it's definitely underemployment...and I'm just getting tired of the "job" process: the recruiters, the assessments, the Application Tracking Systems, the interviews, the lies about "workplace culture" and "flexibility: when I know they are lying.

That being said, for one of the jobs, I have NOT received the computer yet...after 2 weeks

What makes job searching a little more difficult is that I walk with a cane and can't just jump and do whatever job I could (like I used to)....I have to do remote now only...and keep getting funneled into call center work, which I am not thrilled to join, but will do

I've been a freelance, but it was "struggle" freelancing, not freelancing. I just started doing surveys and Upwork and survived from there. I do not want to do that route again. It might be OK for a extra cash doing something I like, but I want to do "grown up freelancing"

Hence "fastlane:

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I will agree with you. I grew up on the lower income, highly processed food for ALL of my life. I had some periods where I tried to eat "healthy' but it was basically getting protein shakes and getting bored with eating chicken breasts because I'm not really a cook.

I also was Crohn's disease in middle school...probably from the years of junk food, processed food, and milk (Both my mom and the US Department of Education believed I need to chug down milk despite feeling crap after)

So...it's most definitely related to autoimmne

I have looked into elimination diets as well...Currently, I am SLOWLY following the advice of a bulking coach (offered to give some advice when I mentioned my MS story) who advised me to first just focus on eating noncrappy food on a regular basis and to pay attention to how my body reacts. That is the best advice from anyone "medical" because when I was diagnosed, there was no in-depth questions about diet...They were like "OK, let's figure this out. You have Progressive MS...let's start you on treatment."

I Googled answers and saw that more than a few people with MS had switched to Carnivore or keto...so I completely agree with what you are saying

Regardless of what happens, I do know that eating less crappy food is definitely a good idea.
Then it's most definitely diet related.

Not medical advice, but I would hop on clean keto as soon as possible, and after 3 months of adaptation I would switch to carnivore. Then would do carnivore for another few months and observe the improvements.
From there I would start adding back foods one by one, and see if any bad symptoms arise from re-introducing said food items.

Giving up food that makes you ill is very hard, since most of it is highly addictive (by design).
But if your health and/or life is on the line, perhaps it's time to throw away all the "food" in the trash can.

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States

I agree with this.

Not medical advice as well, but I'd do research on Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. McDougall, and Dr. Neal Barnard on YouTube.
MJ's bookshelf also has a book recommendation: "The China Study" which Dr. T. Colin Campbell wrote.

The future is in your hands.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Then it's most definitely diet related.

Not medical advice, but I would hop on clean keto as soon as possible, and after 3 months of adaptation I would switch to carnivore. Then would do carnivore for another few months and observe the improvements.
From there I would start adding back foods one by one, and see if any bad symptoms arise from re-introducing said food items.

Giving up food that makes you ill is very hard, since most of it is highly addictive (by design).
But if your health and/or life is on the line, perhaps it's time to throw away all the "food" in the trash can.
Thank you for your insight...and soulds like a plan.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
I agree with this.

Not medical advice as well, but I'd do research on Dr. T. Colin Campbell, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, Dr. McDougall, and Dr. Neal Barnard on YouTube.
MJ's bookshelf also has a book recommendation: "The China Study" which Dr. T. Colin Campbell wrote.

The future is in your hands.
Guess I got homework!

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Thank you all for giving insight, advice, and wisdom to my desperate (and dang, it was desperate!) cry for help...but it was also an expression of where I was in life.....and where I will still be if I keep taking the "blue pill"

What I am realizing today is that having MS is not an excuse for taking the "blue pill".

That being said, I see that my priority must be health...and not in the modern, everyday use of that term for people with MS, meaning "Eating crappy, processed food not exercising while getting medicated and living on disability" U say this with respect because I know of some people from Facebook who live that way.

While I don't control how this disease will progress, I can choose what I do while I can do it.

Health
I am now doing a couple of things: Planning meals so I don't have to forage around and end up eating unhealthy food, learning to cook (This will be a work in progress), and learning to meal prep. In addition, I have to be more honest with myself about tracking the food I actual;y eat vs describing the food I should eat. These were not skills I learned growing up, I delegated that to fast food companies and junk food.

I will be following a Paleo/keto scenario (Meat, 2-3 servings vegetables, 2-3 servings carb, fruit or two in the morning,.. Nuts plus smoothies) and tracking my body's reactions as well as detailing my failures and mishaps on social media.

I will continue shadowboxing, qigong, and walking.

Finances (Wealth/Legacy)
I now realize that I said I wanted to be an "entrepreneur" without actually considering what that meany. An entrepreneur generates income...Here I was (for most of my working life that I decided I wanted to be an entrepreneur) not accepting jobs (like McDonalds or whatever) because "I was better than that." At the same time, for the jobs I did take, I did not even save or invest anything for a business...because I didn't even know what kind of "business" that I wanted. I just kept chasing what others said is a "good business opportunity"

Figuring out what business I want to focus (single business) is my next adventure.

Being an entrepreneur is important because I don't know how many working years I have left. I might have 20-30 ...or I might have 5...Either way, I wanted to get out of the rat race, so MS should be as much as a motivator as anything to do it. I also wanted to teach my nieces and nephews that they can get out of the "rat race" if they wanted to...I was never taught that option.

Still working on the other section...I kinda want like a mantra to keep me inspired to continue on my goals (Health, Wealth...and something else)

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Good luck @mrchuckthetech
I genuinely hope that you will turn things around for the better.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
And for the diet, I would suggest doing only meat and salads at first. You don't know yet which foods cause your autoimmune response, so I would stay clear of nuts, since they contain many things that could be problematic.

Make sure you find a healthy way to relieve stress, since most people (myself included) will go straight to the junk food as a coping mechanism - it's programmed in our brain.

Here is an interesting story with diet and health. This girl was dying in her 20's from horrific autoimmune issues. She figured out an elimination diet, all her symptoms went away and now she's glowing with health (and beauty ;)).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39o_DI5laI&ab_channel=LowCarbDownUnder

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
And for the diet, I would suggest doing only meat and salads at first. You don't know yet which foods cause your autoimmune response, so I would stay clear of nuts, since they contain many things that could be problematic.

Make sure you find a healthy way to relieve stress, since most people (myself included) will go straight to the junk food as a coping mechanism - it's programmed in our brain.

Here is an interesting story with diet and health. This girl was dying in her 20's from horrific autoimmune issues. She figured out an elimination diet, all her symptoms went away and now she's glowing with health (and beauty ;)).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39o_DI5laI&ab_channel=LowCarbDownUnder
Thank you for sharing! I am a fan of Jordan Peterson, and I knew of the carnivore story with his story but I never watched the video.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
For the time being, I have decided to go on AIP Paleo for 30 days and see what happens. I'm not in a living situation or financial place where I can just go full carnivore...

I can already say that it won't be 100% yet. I have much to learn (I never did anything that specifically focused on the gut and immune system only tried and failed bodybuilding workouts and ignored any gut issues or acne as part of the process)

I can say that I will be eliminating junk and processed food, if nothing else.

Thank you all for your input and concern. I'm actually speechless that people thought enough of me to comment. I was just literally tired. "Unscipted" and "Millionaire Fastlane " have begun to expand my mind, so I shared a little more of my mind with the group that sparked the journey.

Thank you

I'm already scared enough....but LFG

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
For the time being, I have decided to go on AIP Paleo for 30 days and see what happens. I'm not in a living situation or financial place where I can just go full carnivore...

I can already say that it won't be 100% yet. I have much to learn (I never did anything that specifically focused on the gut and immune system only tried and failed bodybuilding workouts and ignored any gut issues or acne as part of the process)

I can say that I will be eliminating junk and processed food, if nothing else.

Thank you all for your input and concern. I'm actually speechless that people thought enough of me to comment. I was just literally tired. "Unscipted" and "Millionaire Fastlane " have begun to expand my mind, so I shared a little more of my mind with the group that sparked the journey.

Thank you

I'm already scared enough....but LFG
You'd be surprised how much food really influences our behavior and psychology !
Good luck with the experimentation !

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
My health has gotten worse. which has sobered up my lofty goals. I believe I am suffering from both Primary MS and a "leaky gut" related disorder. I've experienced 2 relapses within the past month and a half (The normal expected relapse rate is no more than 2 per 2 years.) It is also getting harder and more tiring to move around along with major fatigue, pain and stiffness (along with a lot of other symptoms.)

Therefore, my goals for now:
1. Put Primary MS in remission by following an anti-inflammatory/gut-healing diet as best I can, shadowboxing, qigong, and simple bodyweight movement...health tracking, docotr (I'm leaning more and more toward functional medicine) and rest

Supporting goal
2-Find a job/sources of incomes that will work around my situation. (I will continue gig work)

While I wanted to focus first on building a business and following the FLF, I believe that my body is DEMANDING that I focus on health like I never have before. I will either be a superhero or another statistic....I can't play on the fence like I have been most of my life

Reading FLF and engaging with this forum helped me see how I was focused on chasing the "out there". I would get healthier WHEN I made more money. I would eat right WHEN I got more money. I would make more money, WHEN I got this certification or when I got that 'training".

WHEN is up...I either do or do not...starting with my health

THe Universe has kinda put coaches in my life...from someone I can reach out to about getting adapted to an Autoimmune diet, adapting for boxing, adapting to consistently hitting my macros & calories.....and others. I will continue to reach out to them.

I will not be as active (for now) on this group as I get this sorted out....but I will do periodic updates. I will also leverage this group for ways to increase and diversity my income. Once you get a taste of FLF, you don't want to remain in the Matrix!

Daily Action Target
1-2500+ calorie diet following anti-inflammatory principles (meat, non-starchy vegetables, fat-avocado, olives, etc and berries) Snack: shakes with coconut milk & fermented foods (pickles, coconut yogurt, Supplements: Probiotics, Digestive Enzyme) I have not tried kombucha orkefir, so we'll see) No, I won't be eating the "organic, free range" version of everything, my funds can't do that right now...I can only do my best My plan is to do 6 weeks...see how I'm doing and then reintroduce some foods to see.

2- At least 20 minutes of exercise

3? Not sure

All other goals are on the chopping block for now until further notice

PS And no, my primary doctor who referred me to the neurologist is not really worried about nutrtion. They're just focused on DMT (disease-modifying therapies). I'm doing this "experiment" because I'm getting desperate and frustrated.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
So, reporting in earlier than I expected. Things moved really quickly...and I ended up finalizing a job, getting an apartment finalized, and figuring out what I want to study next (bookkeeping with programming with an eye towards cryptocurrency)

Don't get me wrong...things are still crappy and I'm still figuring this all out...but it's something!

I keep reading through Unscripted and realize how horribly wrong about business, money, and everything...I guess "wrong" would be the wrong word.."Scripted in the wrong direction for what I actually wanted to achieve in life"

So...I created new goals

The primary goals are as always:
1-2500 Calories & Best Bet Diet-again not perfection, but definitely a step in the right direction (I hope)
2. 20 minutes shadowboxing, qigong, or bodyweight-This may be upgraded to 30 minutes 5 days/week
3. Record my nutrition & symptoms

The secondary goals are designed to help me increase value as a service provider while working a remote job
4.Do 30 minutes of bookkeeping training
5. Do 30 minutes of coding
6 Plan and visualize for better life for at least 30 minutes

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Alright...still refining, not dying. So I'm following the Best Bet (I almost put Best Buy) diet from MS Hope. I'm still figuring things out because I never really planned what I ate and then let my body's reactions guide me forward (I also never seriously reduced gluten, sugar, and dairy like this before.

I still have foods that I learn (after the fact) had gluten or sugar....but it's a whole different eating experience. It's also annoying because I'm like "They put sugar in that, but that's meat"!

Here's where I am with body:
2500 calories (jminimum) following less crappy food diet
30 minutes of exercise at least 5 days/week
At least 15 minutes of sunshine

Here's what I am doing with business:
30 minutes of coding 5 days/week (2 hours on weekends for coding portfolio)
30 minutes of bookkeeping study (2 hours on weekend with QBO online)
Add equity to business checking account for future business

I am reminded by "Unscripted " (over and over again) just how unprepared I really was for business and life. I grew up believing the "following your passion" and "just get a Bachelor's degree and you'll be fine" and the "invest un the stock market to retire at 60" and the "just eat whatever you can and ignore or go to the doctor for a pill" lifestyle.

I also fell for Internet gurus and books/programs/etc. in believing that if I followed their specific path, I would break out of poverty.

I did not understand that I had to build my own way...and that literally all of the "failures" were preparing me for it.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
First off, I FINISHED UNSCRIPTED ....and realized that SO much of my life was off track (meaning designed for a mediocre, low-income existence or a mediocre middle-class existence)....even without the M/S

After facing that...I dropped all of the guru chasing, the certification chasing (although I'm not completely ruling it out), the "Googling of quick business ideas.." and realized I have to create value from scratch...not through shortcuts or hacks

bombshell-tonight.jpg

It must begin with creating value in myself...and then spreading that value

So I need to get as healthy as I can...I need to leverage all of the skills and failures to create something of value

My first idea: A book...but not a simple "I want to make money on Kindle" book, but an honest truth about my story leading to here....a dude with M/S sharing his journey on an entrepreneurial forum that helped him finally stop chasing and to find value in where I am...also to provide a guide to people with Progressive M/S (particularly men) because I realized there really isn't a guide to help men at least start to sort out Progressive M/S Deadline: October 11, 2022...The one-year annivesary of my M/S diagnosis 250 words each day (except weekends)

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
My first idea: A book...but not a simple "I want to make money on Kindle" book, but an honest truth about my story leading to here....a dude with M/S sharing his journey on an entrepreneurial forum that helped him finally stop chasing and to find value in where I am...also to provide a guide to people with Progressive M/S (particularly men) because I realized there really isn't a guide to help men at least start to sort out Progressive M/S Deadline: October 11, 2022...The one-year annivesary of my M/S diagnosis 250 words each day (except weekends)

Not sure you're ready for this yet. You haven't "done" anything yet. People want the full story arc, not just Act 1. Notice that in all of MJs books, there is some journey or solving a problem that eventually changes a life. (Not trying to be mean).

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Not sure you're ready for this yet. You haven't "done" anything yet. People want the full story arc, not just Act 1. Notice that in all of MJs books, there is some journey or solving a problem that eventually changes a life. (Not trying to be mean).
I am in Year One of my diagnosis and there will be a journey because I had a mystery illness for years before I was diagnosed. My goal is to share 1)my journey to finding out, and accepting the diagnosis of Progressive M/S and 2)Providing a guide for other men with Progressive M/S on topics that doctors don't really talk about (work, fitness, sex, etc. that I've learned or will share from other's experience

I appreciate the feedback (Definitely not mean!) and will give my mind something to chew on as I work with this idea

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I am in Year One of my diagnosis and there will be a journey because I had a mystery illness for years before I was diagnosed. My goal is to share 1)my journey to finding out, and accepting the diagnosis of Progressive M/S and 2)Providing a guide for other men with Progressive M/S on topics that doctors don't really talk about (work, fitness, sex, etc. that I've learned or will share from other's experience

I appreciate the feedback (Definitely not mean!) and will give my mind something to chew on as I work with this idea
Your journey will surely be inspiring.
Be sure thought to also continue experimenting with the diet. People want to hear a story which has a solution for their life problems !
So if you successfully reduce or hopefully remove your illness, be sure to make that the focal point !

Remember to ask yourself, what does the reader want to find in my book/content ?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
My first idea: A book...but not a simple "I want to make money on Kindle" book, but an honest truth about my story leading to here....
Do it, but don't expect any results (financial wise). Most books don't sell at all.

However, by writing a book you will develop tremendously in your ability to speak and think.
Enforcing the habit of writing will build up the much needed discipline and process-driven work. And since the book is about your life, you will gain complete insight of yourself. You will start seeing things more clearly and will be able to develop a better plan for the future.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Also: start multiple things at the same time, besides the book. Always focus on improving your health as the main objective, regardless of anything else that's going around.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Do it, but don't expect any results (financial wise). Most books don't sell at all.

However, by writing a book you will develop tremendously in your ability to speak and think.
Enforcing the habit of writing will build up the much needed discipline and process-driven work. And since the book is about your life, you will gain complete insight of yourself. You will start seeing things more clearly and will be able to develop a better plan for the future.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
Also: start multiple things at the same time, besides the book. Always focus on improving your health as the main objective, regardless of anything else that's going around.
First of all, thank you

Actually, I know most books don't turn a profit....I used to promote books as a struggling freelancer and saw firsthand the struggle to get attention....Like "Unscripted says, once the barriers of entry are low...mediocrity runs high.

I am looking to get the word out because I was looking for a resource (or at least something) to guide me because I had all of these mysterious symptoms and didn't know what was going on...I also want to mark my first year as a milestone because it has been a long road to get here...and I'm now just starting to learn about functional health.

I have bigger plans beside the book, but didn't want to get all "plan-constipated" like I have done for so much of my life. (PS I'm an idea entrepreneur).

For now, I will focus on a book to just "create" something that wasn't a "Googled" business idea that I will abandon when the next idea hits. If there is something I want to do and can commit time and energy, I will roll into the process.

First goal: Better health through nutrition, exercise, qigong
Second goal: Book chronicling the journey so far

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Book outline completed

Small section of chapter 1 completed: Why You MUST Listen to Your Body Now….2 Important Lessons I Got From a Progressive MS Diagnosis

Did body goals

Have an account for freelance income and earned my first few dollars from it....Also established outreach minimum for outreach on Upwork platforms (Yep, THAT platform) and thinking of a strategy to reach people outside of platforms (That will be new for me!)

My "main 9 to 5" was a remote position that pushed my start date back because I moved....like my mother passed and I needed a place to stay so I moved to ATL) This is the second work from home job that has been crappy.. During the pandemic, getting hired and working in remote was a lot easier, for some reason

Education (coding/bookkeeping) completed

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016
How did you have "Crohn's disease in middle school"? Like MS, it doesn't ever go away.

It can be in remission and it's affected so much by diet. I have a severe case, so even when I'm in remission I eat the same meals every day and pay extra attention to my stress levels. I also do extensive blood panels every few months to check how I'm doing and optimize if anything is out of whack.

Something that people without chronic autoimmune disorders find difficult to understand is that our capacity to work is extremely diminished. The slightest twinge in cortisol levels after a few hours of work can (and will) lead to higher inflammation, and, ultimately, to further degradation of your health.

Worse health leads to even less time being productive (and not to mention a dreadful quality of life). That's why it's so important to free up your time while still finding a way to earn a living.

After a lot of trial and error, I eventually did just that with copywriting. I work about an hour per day on average but provide a lot of value to my clients (through ad copy and email marketing copy mostly) for which I charge an amount that, if looked at as an hourly rate, would be around $200/h.

Read this: https://www.freshbooks.com/wp-content/uploads/breaking-the-time-barrier.pdf

It'll only take you about 30 minutes or so and the mind shift change you'll go through will make your goals seem a lot less intimidating and doable.

Also, this is not aimed to be a defeatist message by any means. As long as you're kicking, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.

There's a guy that started and scaled an online business to 7 figures while almost fully paralyzed by just using his voice. And his story was very dramatic and unlucky:

7 Life Lessons from a Guy Who Can’t Move Anything but His Face

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...