What's new

Um... hi!

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Little Mike

PARKED
Joined
Apr 26, 2012
Messages
2
Rep Bank
$50
Hello all. I just finished reading MFL and it has inspired me. A little about myself:

I'm a 35-year-old typical slowlane corporate slave working in the IT department of a multi-national corporation. Born and bred in New York, I live here still with my Pennsylvania import girlfriend, and our menagerie of furry clawed children.

Working for "the man" is slowly eating my soul and I want the freedom of a fastlane lifestyle. I don't really want the big house, the fast car, the 22 year old model mistress, etc. However, I DO want the freedom of knowing that I could have that if I wanted to - like MJ says, wealth is a process, not an event.

I really have no clue what kind of business I want to create. I definitely have a bit of "The Tekel Syndrome" in that I'm always chasing money and it's always eluding me. I don't have any major debt other than my car payment, and I live within my means, but that also means I'm working on indentured time and I want to be free of that.

I'm not really sure if I have any big passions that I can use as my tailwind to success. I feel like all the life has been sucked out of me by my day job. I don't have many hobbies other than playing with the dog, playing with the girlfriend (wink wink) and dicking around online. I'm really not sure what kind of opportunities that will afford me, but I'm trying to retrain my eyes into seeing needs to fulfill.

Tonight I asked my girlfriend to give me ideas about needs just to bounce around in my head. While most of her ideas had to do with "events" like a new cabinet, she did spark one thing. Basically it's a niche social networking/freelancer site kind of like an odesk.com. From what I could tell and what she told me (she's in that niche), there definitely sounded like there was a severely underserved market that I could fill the Need requirement for. My issue is that I'm not sure I have a passion for the market, though I do have an interest. I'm also a bit afraid of failure. I'm also afraid that it's a HUGE undertaking, and I don't have a lot of money to tackle what I perceive to be a lot of work that I just won't be able to do myself without locking myself in my office for the next 20 years learning to do what I would need to in order to get it to work. In which case it would probably be obsolete and replaced with chips in our heads and wifi or something. I don't know, you get the idea.

Anyway, I'm being long-winded enough. Glad to be here and I hope to learn, grow, and succeed.

-Mike
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Ximduni Noli ... zua niep e uFitl gus dsegvtnip? O fup'v raovi apfistvepf.

Xjomi nutv ug jis ofiet jef vu fu xovj "iwipvt" moli e pix decopiv, tji fof tqesl upi vjoph. Cetodemmz ov't e podji tudoem pivxusloph/gsiimepdis tovi lopf ug moli ep ufitl.dun.
 
Ximduni Noli ... zua niep e uFitl gus dsegvtnip? O fup'v raovi apfistvepf.

Jiz NK,

Tusv ug. Nusi tqidogodemmz apqacmotjif eavjust epf ifovust. O lpux e vup ug caffoph xsovist epf upi ug vjios cohhitv qsucmint ot vjev vjiz fu emm ug vjios uxp ifovoph. Puv cideati vjiz xepv vu, cav cideati vjiz xepv e civvis nepatdsoqv vu tipf ugg xovj vjios raisz mivvist vu ehipvt tu vji ehipv dep hiv vjin qacmotjif. Nutv ehipvt fup'v xepv vu sief quusmz ifovif dseq, tu vji civvis vji nepatdsoqv ot ifovif, vji nusi molimz vji eavjus xomm hiv ep ehipv vu veli vjin up.

Vji uvjis qsucmin ot vjev apqacmotjif eavjust esi moli tveswoph esvotvt - vjiz fup'v jewi e muv ug nupiz vu qez e huuf ifovus vu goy aq vjios gostv fsegv. O gohasi og O dep hiv eavjust epf ifovust vuhivjis, vji eavjust dep tiv e cafhiv gus xjev vjiz dep eggusf, epf ifovust dep qodl aq hoht gsun e muv nusi qiuqmi, opdsietoph vjios uxp qsugovt. O veli e dav ug vji cof, moli ufitl fuit, epf iwiszupi xopt. O lpux e gix gsiimepdi ifovust vuu, epf hivvoph xusl ot jov us nott. Upi ug vjin ot dassipvmz ifovoph e puwim gsun e Fepotj/Tiscoep haz xju vumf jis vu "neli ov huuf Iphmotj." Jeje.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom