The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ughh these MLMers

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
Here is somewhat of a rant.

In the past 2 weeks I have been offered to join 2 different MLM's in public that were absolutely random.
First one was Amway and the second one was Primerica.
Now what really ticked me off was the way these people pitched it to me.

Here are the 2 events, shortened with less details.

Amway- I run a very successful marketing business. We have done business with (so and so company :blah2:) I am searching for some people that want to make some extra income..

I asked one question: "Are you anyway affiliated with Amway?"

Response: Absolutely! (With a big sh!t tone in his voice. )

Me: No thanks, I run my own business that is not affiliated with anyone and I retain complete control.

2. Primerica- Hi, I am looking for interns for my business. I am in the consulting business, and we are with Citigroup.

Me (After due diligence): No thank you, I am busy with my own stuff, I will contact you if I decide otherwise.

Primerica: But you will make 6 figures!

Me: Click.

Ok, this is despicable, I am only a freshman in college and these sleazebags are already starting to annoy me.

I am not some naive freshman that wants to make a quick buck. Pitch me the world and I still wont give a ......

Thank God for this forum and the Millionaire Fastlane MJ. I can now really see how people get sucked into these "Be your own boss ventures" and are sold a pack of lies.

End Rant

:rant:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MikeC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Reminds me of when my friend told me to come over to his house to learn about a "way to get good deals on your internet bill."

Within two minutes I knew it was a bullshit MLM group, but I had to sit through two hours of absolute nonsense. I didn't want to be rude to my friend and just get up and leave, though, so I endured. Thank god for the fastlane.

Milenko

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 6, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Quixtar was my first introduction to MLMs back in the 90s. One of my friend's neighbors was in it and I agreed to meet with him and his wife to discuss the "opportunity". Thankfully, I did some research before the meeting and never got involved with it. The one question I asked them that they had no good answer for was - if you're trying to tell me that selling this stuff is so lucrative, why are you trying to get me to join under you instead of trying to sell me some of the products?

EdwardWhite

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Feb 27, 2011
Fort Worth, Texas
I had the displeasure, of being part of Amway. While my wife and I have nothing against the products themselves, or those who decide to hitch hike that way thru a fast lane-but man are they sure missing out. I found its far easier to hitchhike being a affiliate marketer than a MLM one, and at least you can scale a AM into a Internet marketing or info marketing, once you gain the skills, instead of spending YEARS building a downline.

The thing that pisses me off the most about Amway, is dealing with Training Material partners. They are the real moneymakers in the business. Why? Every profit you make goes towards paying a weekly meeting, then a big event, you pay a bit more for and then the training you get with a book a month and a cd a week. The training was mostly worthless, 70% of the time. I remember when I was trying to talk to my recruiter about using social media tools online to promote our opportunity, or just another marketing channel, and was given this ridiculous speech how its not used, in order to create a even playing field to those who cannot use tech. HUH? It turned out this wasn't the fact at all, it was mostly because it was brainwashed into him the old techniques, from the Training.

If your just starting out in a business, I would rather keep my costs low, learn what I could for free or cheaply, then if we are doing good, okay, we will hit a major conference. You don't bootstrap a business by blowing big money and then wait about 10 years to recover from the mess.

And if you decided to call it quits towards this, it was the same if you were just quitting the MLM. You pretty much get disowned by the upline, even thought your not suppose to. And it was kind of odd, I wanted to build a business, since it could increase my sales techniques, and Im shy so, it would place me out of my comfort zone....

With that rant gone, I think here the real deal- MLM are outdated. You can create a business online, quicker, and it can scale to become lucrative. Why add the extra layer of Network marketing to that? Which some groups have done(eg: magnetic sponsoring/Mike Dillard stuff, or Ann Sieg, who are really fastlaners by being INFOMARKETERS)Seeing in that light, I really don't know anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JEdwards

Legendary Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jan 16, 2011
Texas
As I said on another thread, do not waste one second on mlm, joining an mlm etc. Trust me the numbers don't work. Unless you own it, or related to the person who does. Odd how the people above making 100k a month are all related.

BTW: The best way to get out of being asked to join or hearing a pitch, or wasting precious moments of your life. (And this has worked for me for the last 20 years.)

When they come up and ask and say you should come to a meeting, these guys are making 100k a month, blah, blah. Hear them out.

Look at them and say Man that is great, congrats on finding that great opportunity, I really want to join but I have way to much crap on my plate right now. Really busy, But it is about to clear up so, Tell you what give me 6 months from today, come back, show me how you are doing, and if it is going well for you, I will join and work it as hard as I can, cause I think it is a great idea, I just don't have anytime to work it.

In 20 years, not one person out of the at least 100 pitches have come back in 6 months.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.