The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Two St. Petersburg women are first in line for Black Friday deals

Anything related to matters of the mind

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
Saw this on the news a few moments ago. Two women are sleeping on the sidewalk at Best Buy a week before Black Friday. It's ridiculous how people can waste time like that. Here's a link to a web article about it, and I've also quoted it.

Two St. Petersburg women are first in line for Black Friday deals

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - Two St. Petersburg moms are first in United States to start camping out for Black Friday.

The urban camping trip is something Tina Thain and Lorie Davenport look forward to every year.

However, this year, the ladies wanted to up the ante and pitch their tent early. As in nine days early!

"I really didn't think about the days. We really didn't think about it because we just wanted to be first," Thain said.

The determined duo are not just first in line at the Best Buy in St. Petersburg, they were the first in the country to line up for the big shopping day.

The store gave the women I-pads as an added bonus.

"We didn't think about that in the beginning," Davenport said.
"Now it's really sinking in that we really are the first people in line. It's kind of exciting."

The first year the women camped out, they were about 75 yards away from the front door. Each year they have gotten closer, until this year, when they snagged the first spot.

The tradition started six years ago when Thain and Davenport's daughters wanted an MP3 player. When the girls moved out, the moms did not want their fun to end.

While the women have their eyes on computers, blue ray players, and DVD's, they say this year, the shopping list is not a priority.

"It's a great time for us to catch up because we don't get to see each other with our work schedules very often," Thain said.

"It's a great time for friendship, fellowship."

The women play cards, chat, and talk to people that wonder what in the world they are doing. The two relieve one another and still make it to work. They also have very helpful husbands.

"Every year he says, 'you're doing it on your own!,'" Thain said.

"But when the event comes, he gets excited, and stoked about it too!"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

gotbalz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 2, 2010
New Yawk
I may not be a millionaire but at least I make enough not to have to wait in line for 9 days to save a few bucks on some DVD's !! Thank God!

madison

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Apr 8, 2009
It always amuses me how people are so fixated on the "apparent" savings they will make lining up to buy at a sale, that they fail to take into account the actual cost of waiting for the sale to begin - their time - and more importantly the opportunity cost of what they could have been doing instead of waiting in line.

A new mobile phone store opened up a couple of weeks ago near my work, and people were waiting in line for 3 to 4 hours for the store to open, just so they could get the opening specials.

FDJustin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Apr 30, 2010
Canada
So two women decide to take a break from every day living to enjoy an event, they spend time together, have fun, get plenty of publicity, and maybe even do a little networking.

Then at the end of it all, they get to do a shopping blitz that will obviously bring them a spot of joy and good feelings for how much they 'save'.

Sounds like time well spent to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.